The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Wow, sounds great but, there's only one problem and it's a big one for us...How do we watch all of the Bowl Games while boondocking?!!! :( Do you guys have dates that you'll be there in mind? Thinking that we could make it before or after the 1st

Roger

What's the problem? You have satellite and a generator. Don't you still have the Honda? I bet the over the air antenna will work too. It's not far from Yuma. :)

Steve thanks for going on the recon mission. I think that's the area. Want to give it a try. Practicing for Q. LOL.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Edited by SKP On the Go

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the problem? You have satellite and a generator. Don't you still have the Honda? I bet the over the air antenna will work too. It's not far from Yuma. :)

Steve thanks for going on the recon mission. I think that's the area. Want to give it a try. Practicing for Q. LOL.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

I've got two sat dishes...portable one that's left over from the Airstream is for the treed sites. Got rid of the Honda at an SKP yard sale because we've got the on board gennie. We'd have to boondock far from you guys because it would be running 24/7 from all the bowl and NFL playoff games going on then...you guys know Lynn and her football illness...I've created a monster...LOL!

Want to get together on the desert or anywhere else with you guys and others soon. I'm working with our chalk board to make this happen. What does yours and TDhomestead's say?! Are you planning on Ogilby Road for a spell?

Steve, that "BessieBus" offer is mighty tempting. The Beaver lost engine power four times on our way to Lake Havasu St Pk. Thought we'd taken care of that in Yuba City. :blink: Had previously scheduled a annual service appointment here on Monday but, now we've got our fingers crossed that they can fix that too. I want to also stop in Q and get a quick connect installed for our cat heater so we can dry camp on those January nights.

We really like the CG here and the town. Lighted boat parade came right by our site the last two nights while sitting around the campfire...beautiful!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Planning on a couple of weeks or when water runs out. Then up to Q for the show and Plamosa Road after the show. SoCal after that before we go to Baja. We'll see how close to that schedule we can be.

Hate to hear that about the "Beave". RV = Ruined Vacation.

Travel safe everyone. :)

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Sunny today but a little breezy. After breakfast I made my rounds with the golf cart. All the kids were playing nice so I didn't have to make any of them sit in the corner. Last night at happy hour one of the cowgirls showed up that hasn't been here for a couple of years. She, the Club president and a brand new Cowgirl got yakking and sat there for about an hour after the meeting was over. Then we decided to all go out to the Adobe Deli for dinner and yak somemore. Now I'm confused on whether this club or the Classless Class is best about talking about the people that are not there. I think it might be a close tie.

Today is Sunday so there isn't much going on. I haven't heard how our float in the Christmas parade turned out but it was cold last night so I don't imagine there were many people watching the Parade. I'll probably get sensored for taking all the cowgirls to dinner instead of to the parade but I'm pretty safe because I had the President with me. And she out ranks the Ranch Manager. Play nice kids.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

A few days ago I mentioned finding a virus on my computer and staying up half the night to run a boot scan. Well, I haven't been over to the shop for about a month so today I decided I'd better go over there and scan that computer. Sure enough I found the same virus on that one. After removing it with my antivirus software I decided to do a boot scan and it picked up 12 more infected files. So you know what I've been doing this evening. I have it all clear now but these computers sure have ended up being a waste of time. But I'm not quiet ready to give it up yet. I went out to breakfast this morning and took the new Cowgirl with me. We ended up leaving the restaurant about time for lunch. We sure had a lot of talking to do. The only other chore was getting an LP bottle filled. And that's it from Deming.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

A few days ago I mentioned finding a virus on my computer and staying up half the night to run a boot scan. Well, I haven't been over to the shop for about a month so today I decided I'd better go over there and scan that computer. Sure enough I found the same virus on that one. After removing it with my antivirus software I decided to do a boot scan and it picked up 12 more infected files. So you know what I've been doing this evening. I have it all clear now but these computers sure have ended up being a waste of time. But I'm not quiet ready to give it up yet. I went out to breakfast this morning and took the new Cowgirl with me. We ended up leaving the restaurant about time for lunch. We sure had a lot of talking to do. The only other chore was getting an LP bottle filled. And that's it from Deming.

Lee, what antivirus program are you using?

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Lee, what antivirus program are you using?

Roger

I use the free version of Avast. I've had computers since the mid 70's and never had a virus do any damage. I've alway caught it and removed it before it could do any harm. All the files I found with this last virus that were infected were Temp files so I just deleted them because they will be rebuilt when I start the computer again. I always run a boot scan after I clean a virus with the antivirus because it runs before windows is loaded and doesn't skip any files that are open and running at the time of the scan like it does when you scan from windows. I usually find additional infected files that way and get rid of them so they can't re-infect the computer again with the same virus. It takes a lot of time but it's worth it. I like the free version because it isn't so bloated with extra stuff you really don't need so it don't slow the computer down so much.

I use the free version of Avast. I've had computers since the mid 70's and never had a virus do any damage. I've alway caught it and removed it before it could do any harm. All the files I found with this last virus that were infected were Temp files so I just deleted them because they will be rebuilt when I start the computer again. I always run a boot scan after I clean a virus with the antivirus because it runs before windows is loaded and doesn't skip any files that are open and running at the time of the scan like it does when you scan from windows. I usually find additional infected files that way and get rid of them so they can't re-infect the computer again with the same virus. It takes a lot of time but it's worth it. I like the free version because it isn't so bloated with extra stuff you really don't need so it don't slow the computer down so much.

Avast is a great free program...I've also used it for years. Nothing is fool proof. You can catch a virus just by opening a link in an email. Too bad that people fall for the MacAfee/Norton free for six months bloatware that comes loaded on new PCs. Probably the only reason that they're still in business. I like your recovery strategy.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

I just came back from the Truck Stop and boy did we get a thunder boomer on the way back. Rain and hail was making so much noise on the roof and hood of the truck I couldn't hear the CD player. When I got back to the ranch it was a lake. It has stopped now but the lake is still around my rig. We sure needed the rain but why all at once. This morning I got a notice on my computer that a new version of my antivirus software was ready for download. I went to the shop to download it on that computer. It was ever so slow. After about two hour it stopped and disconnected so now I have to start all over. I think I need to go over there in the middle of the night when everyone isn't trying to watch videos or download movies. I'm still looking for all the time they told me I'd save by buying my first computer. :)

The lake around my rig is gone. And just as I advertised it as waterfront property. I just can't seem to make a dishonest dollar anywhere. This morning I took my MYFI over to the shop and downloaded the new edition of my antivirus program in about 10 minutes. Then just to be sure I rescanned the computer again. Clean as a whistle. Then spent the rest of the day yakking with friends. The new cowgirl went on her way this morning so I only took one out for Mexican tonight. Tomorrow I've promised a cowgirl I'd take her to Silver City for a medical appointment then Friday another cowgirl wants me to take her to an appointment here in town then Sunday another one wants me to come to her rig and coach her on how to safely remove the solar controller. She wants her old controller for a new rig she is buying and will buy a cheaper one to put back on the old rig. So this week is pretty well filled. But I enjoy it.

Another sad day. Our girl kitty (Sadie) has been loosing weight for some time. Went to a vet a week ago and decided a food change would help. It didn't and her breathing got more labored. We took her to another vet today. They did x-rays and her lungs were filling with something. She had about 1/3 of her lung capacity. So we had her put to sleep. She was nearly 15. We've had to do this to three furkids in just over 4 months. It doesn't get any easier. We still have Sadie's brother Levi. We won't get anymore furkids as long as we travel. Bummer of a day. :(

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Another sad day. Our girl kitty (Sadie) has been loosing weight for some time. Went to a vet a week ago and decided a food change would help. It didn't and her breathing got more labored. We took her to another vet today. They did x-rays and her lungs were filling with something. She had about 1/3 of her lung capacity. So we had her put to sleep. She was nearly 15. We've had to do this to three furkids in just over 4 months. It doesn't get any easier. We still have Sadie's brother Levi. We won't get anymore furkids as long as we travel. Bummer of a day. :(

Jeff

Dear Tina and Jeff,

We are SO very sorry for you about this latest loss... you have had way too much in these past few months, and know that you must truly be suffering with heavy hearts. No words really can help, but please know that we are thinking of you both and will keep good thoughts as you process the loss of Sadie. Hug each other for us... our time will come one day and we will go through what you are, and it is important to know that friends care and are thinking of you at a sad time. Find comfort in knowing that you provided a loving home! Dianne & Tom

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Jeff

This has really been a tough time for you. We know how sad this is. I'm so sorry you're having to go thru it. Terry and I have also come to the same decision as you. We won't be getting anymore furkids as long we travel. As much as we love the idea of having another dog, it won't replace Duchess and it's not going to happen. In addition to being sad we were pretty limited with the parks we could go to and how long we could be gone. We agreed to talk about adopting another "kid" but not until next year.

Yesterday morning we hopped a bird and went to Sioux Falls to renew my driver's license. We just got back and we're beat. I'm glad that's behind us. They have SNOW!!!! That stuff is cold, cold, cold. It's great to be back in Arizona.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Sorry for your loss Jeff & Tina. There is nothing that can be said to make the situation better so I won't try.

Welcome back Jeri even if I didn't know you were gone.

I took two cowgirls to Silver City today. One for an appointment and the other to go in with her to help her remember what the doctor said. After that was over we went to a sports bar and had dinner before coming on home. I got lots of reading done wile waiting for them. Tomorrow I've got to go fight with the bank. They said I earned interest but they didn't pay it. After the bank I have to take another cowgirl in for her chiropractor appointment. I offered to give here a message and adjustment but she said no way. Hummmmm

Tina and Jeff - We are so sorry to hear about Sadie. Losing these furkids hurts so bad and my heart aches for you. With Scooter's heart and back problems, I know our time will be approaching. So very very sad. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Tina & Jeff, so sorry to hear about Sadie. To bad that they can't live a long as people. They are such an integral part of our lives. Hugs for you guys! Steve & Carol

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Jeff

How sad! Hugs are coming your way.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Tina & Jeff, Lynn & I are so sorry again to hear about the lose of one of your furkids. Can't add to what to what others have said...they've put it so well and echo our thoughts. We'll see you soon but, wish we were with you now.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Tina and Jeff, I'm so sorry for your loss. I still miss our first kitten some times so be aware that Sadie may stay in your hearts and memories for years to come.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Tina and Jeff, I'm so sorry for your loss. I still miss our first kitten some times so be aware that Sadie may stay in your hearts and memories for years to come.

Linda Sand

There is so much truth to that. Our pets do stay in our hearts and memories for years.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net