The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Bummer Lee...however, I'm still looking forward to seeing you next year and getting a guided tour of the galaxy! Got my lounge chair, binocs and maybe some cranberry juice on the ready. Need a guru to help with that constellation stuff, etc. Had a fellow camper show me an app on his cell phone where you just point the phone towards a star and it identifies it. Pretty cool but I think that I'd have to get a smarter phone to load it. :rolleyes:

Glyn, what was the name of the article that you have in the SKP mag? I need some good reading today!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I talked to our friend Lisa Koca and she said she would call them on Monday to be sure they would get a box ready for pick up. I gave them your name to put on it. She is in CA right now so just asked to remember the time change and not go too early.lol❇ Hope your having good weather there ours has been great over here, sunny days and cool evenings. Thanks again Diane

We probably won't go over until late afternoon. We'll pick up our mail at the same time. Weather here is typical for this time of year. 50's during the day and 30s at night. But its so much better than the weather we left in Kansas.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Roger and others

Look on page 66 of Nov/Dec. for the article I have written. "Driving tips"

Diane said "You will know it by my picture at the end of it." {What a handsome fellow} Ha Ha, LOL

Glyn

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

[We enjoyed the article, and the photo of your smiling face, Glyn, was a bonus! Looking forward to seeing youboth soon!

quote name=Pa and D Carson" post="665574" timestamp="1388348499]Roger and others

Diane said "You will know it by my picture at the end of it." {What a handsome fellow} Ha Ha, LOL

Glyn

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

ROGER: I still have the 8" Schmidt Cassagrain scope so we can do a little deep space viewing.

I went into town to do my laundry today. I went to Calipatria first. Their laundry has about 15 machines. There was a young couple in there with a child. He went down the row of machine stuffing quarters into every machine with her coming right behind him tossing in about 5 or 6 pieces of clothing until they were using every machine. I started back to my truck and looked in the back of their truck they had about 5 or 6 black garbage bags full of clothing they hadn't carried in yet. They must only do laundry once a year. I went 10 miles farther down the road to Brawley. The big laundry there was packed with people. That shot my theory of doing laundry on Sunday because most Mexican families go to church on Sunday. I was totally worn out by the time I got back home.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Roger and others

Glyn

Wow, Glyn...you clean up well...no wonder I didn't recognize you at first! :P

Good article and I learned a few new things...thanks. Employer had us take a hands on driving course right before I retired. You mention the two second that I always use...the instructor said that is old school and you need to keep a FIVE second distance. Try that sometime and see how many people honk at you after the light turns green! It was ridiculous.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

ROGER: I still have the 8" Schmidt Cassagrain scope so we can do a little deep space viewing.

I went into town to do my laundry today. I went to Calipatria first. Their laundry has about 15 machines. There was a young couple in there with a child. He went down the row of machine stuffing quarters into every machine with her coming right behind him tossing in about 5 or 6 pieces of clothing until they were using every machine. I started back to my truck and looked in the back of their truck they had about 5 or 6 black garbage bags full of clothing they hadn't carried in yet. They must only do laundry once a year. I went 10 miles farther down the road to Brawley. The big laundry there was packed with people. That shot my theory of doing laundry on Sunday because most Mexican families go to church on Sunday. I was totally worn out by the time I got back home.

Haven't seen that one yet Lee! Perhaps they were space aliens that were unfamiliar with laundromat etiquette? Those long intergalactic treks can really pile up the laundry I guess! :rolleyes:

Roger & Lynn Rempe

I thought it was probably time I checked in here. I'm still in Washington. When did I come here? Heck, I can't remember but it certainly seems like months ago. Obviously, with the 1st of January just a couple days away I can definitely say now we won't be leaving to Yuma on the first. I'm hoping to get back to Arizona tomorrow just to drop off Terry's prescription and change suitcases before I head back. Actually, my accommodations here aren't so bad. I told Toni that I have a semi-private room. My roommate isn't so noisy and requires very little care from me. I hardly need to talk except to all the visitors who come and go. I have a refrigerator, coffee is made for me and the hospice center pays the bills. TV is cable and there is wi-fi. I have my tablet but not my computer. I actually didn't plan on staying this long. That's kind of my update. Evidently, Terry's been pretty sick. I wish there weren't so many hours in between and I could go back and forth quickly but it doesn't work that way. I'm still crossing my fingers we get to "Q". I'm still crossing my fingers. :)

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I thought it was probably time I checked in here. I'm still in Washington. When did I come here? Heck, I can't remember but it certainly seems like months ago. Obviously, with the 1st of January just a couple days away I can definitely say now we won't be leaving to Yuma on the first. I'm hoping to get back to Arizona tomorrow just to drop off Terry's prescription and change suitcases before I head back. Actually, my accommodations here aren't so bad. I told Toni that I have a semi-private room. My roommate isn't so noisy and requires very little care from me. I hardly need to talk except to all the visitors who come and go. I have a refrigerator, coffee is made for me and the hospice center pays the bills. TV is cable and there is wi-fi. I have my tablet but not my computer. I actually didn't plan on staying this long. That's kind of my update. Evidently, Terry's been pretty sick. I wish there weren't so many hours in between and I could go back and forth quickly but it doesn't work that way. I'm still crossing my fingers we get to "Q". I'm still crossing my fingers. :)

We are crossing fingers, toes, legs and any other body part we can cross!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

HAPPY NEW YEAR It's 12 o'clock somewhere. So now it's bed time. Nighty night.

Hang in there Jeri we're all behind you.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We sure hope everything gets better for you Jeri, we need you in Q to pick on!! We are definitely in you're camp and would truck some chicken soup down to Terry if we were closer. Give you're brother a hug from us!

Now our microwave flamed out the other day. Died in a sparking fury!! I know it's supposed to cook food, but not with lightening bolts!! :o Now all it does is light up and turn the food around on the carousel, no more heating. It's a sharp R-1874, 2004 vintage and has been a good unit until the end. Now the upgraded one is the Sharp R-1800 LSRT, but no-one stocks them. We were planning on leaving here on the 4th, but now it looks like we will be stuck until we get the new unit shipped in. Oh well, being retired does have some advantages!

Lee, I hope you got "ET" out of the laundry mat and got your own things done. I saw some of those guys down by "area 51", and they are a pesky group..... :unsure:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well I stayed up just so I could holler HAPPY NEW YEAR with a bunch of very friendly folks around a campfire. I'm betting the roads around here look like World War 3 happened at midnight. Lots of fireworks. Be safe everyone.

Jeri, hang in there, we're all behind you.

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jeri, we are all with you in spirit if not body. Take care of yourself during this stressful time.

Toni, so you are coming to Minnesota this year?!

Linda

Not this year.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Our New Year dinner this afternoon was pulled pork, fried cabbage, mashed taters, brown gravy and penny carrots. I couldn't have ordered a better one. Yummy. After putting that feast away I had to come back to my rig and take a Steve. This evening I went over to the nightly campfire and gabbed with some of my friends. This morning our newly elected President was out on the desert walking his dog. He came upon what he thought was a pile of discarded clothing. As he got closer he saw that it was a young lady lying there. He ask if she was OK but no response. He shook her and got her conscious and part carried her and got her back to one of the gals rigs who is a nurse. She warmed her up and got a little bland food in her and got her rational. He loaded her in his car and took her to where the group she was with were camped. She said she didn't want to go there but wanted to go to the hot springs. So that is where he left her. Not bad for his first day as President. A lot of young people come to the slabs on New Years and get all doped up. The Sheriff doesn't do a thing about it. That woman could have died from exposure had she not been found and brought back to consciousness.

Daughter is in labour with grandchild #9 and the phone is on the fritz!

Baby born this morning in Montreal. Baby and Mom are doing great. Her name is Edie!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png