The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Well, "Q" is definitely a different place to be for sure. I'm not sure if you meant it was your last time there as you had no plans on going back or if you've only been one time. Being in a cool state this time of year is definitely something most of us plan on. It gets mighty warm and uncomfortable in those southern states and especially if your house is made of tin!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I meant that it was the first and only time in Q. We actually enjoyed our time there. Not sure if we will spend as much time as we did last winter but will certainly spend a couple weeks at least.

We have never been in the east before and it has been something we have talked about for years so I guess we will just belly up and deal with it this year so we can see the sights. And it has not been that bad so far. But next year we plan to spend summer in the cooler states.

Well, "Q" is definitely a different place to be for sure. I'm not sure if you meant it was your last time there as you had no plans on going back or if you've only been one time. Being in a cool state this time of year is definitely something most of us plan on. It gets mighty warm and uncomfortable in those southern states and especially if your house is made of tin!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Not much to our update. We're basically holed up in the apartment for the summer only going out into the heat for groceries and medical appointments with a few gatherings with friends. Come cold weather, though, I will be headed south and west. I plan to be mostly in the Q and Parker areas all winter.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well it's about freezing in Oklahoma today. I mean compared to last year! The high temp today was 73, and we were all looking for coats. Hmmmmm

Then we had a "record fire" next door. Well he had a fire pit and I had a couple of years of "records" to get rid of, so you could call it that. I just said to him, "I need to burn records and drink whiskey, can I come to your house and do it. He said, "I've been waiting for an invitation like that for a long time, come on over". Nuff said, "get er done"!

Now, it doesn't rain in Oklahoma in July, does it? YES! tonight it does, and now I'm standing at the "record fire" pouring fuel on it in the rain trying to keep it going long enough to burn up all the important stuff. Oh yeah, where'd the whiskey go! Ok, I'm ready for a quiet campfire in "Q", sign me up!! Sigh! :wacko:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Not much going on today. It drizzled most of the day. My cowgirl friend had to go to Texas for a doctors appointment

She'll be back Wednesday or Thursday. I did a little carving but just couldn't get my heart into it. This evening I think I'll go over to the State Park and spot bears on the other side of the lake with my camera. It's about a half mile closer over there.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I started another carving today and only worked on it about 15 minutes at a time. I'm trying to keep from getting my wrist sore. This evening I went into Eagle Nest to have dinner. Their special was BBQ pork ribs. They were so tough I couldn't tare the meat off the bone and when I did get a piece torn loose, I couldn't chew it. I ended up swallowing a few pieces whole then gave up and ate a piece of carrot cake. The owner passed by the table and said boy aren't those rib delicious? I told her no, they're like rubber. She didn't say a word. She just walked back to the register. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait till I get back to N Carolina before I order ribs again.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

There has been some discussion of where we would all meet up in January. I said that Doug and I did not want to go to Quartzsite anymore. We are quite fed up with Quartzsite - crowds, dust, lack of shopping etc. but primarily memories of our dog Parker. But hey, if the group wants to meet up in Quartzsite, there are lots of other parts of the BLM that we haven't been to. As for Pilot Knob (Sidewinder Rd.), we do like that better and yes, we have been there several times too but we haven't been to the far end since 2011.

Of course, we will go where everyone else wants to go. Those are just my thoughts.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I will be going to Q during the show to meet up with other groups that will be there. If you all come there I will camp with you, too. If you go somewhere else at that time, I will miss you. If you meet up somewhere else at a different time I will likely come join you. I plan to spend most of the winter migrating between Emerald Cove near Parker, AZ, and Q but you know how those plans go. Mostly I want to escape from Minnesota winter but not move long distances once I get to Arizona since Dave pays rent on this apartment year around so I like to keep my winter lodging budget low.

Linda Sand

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Toni is pilots knob in Ca.? I checked with Ca. DOT and CHP and I am not allowed to be in Californi

Tongue-in-cheek, Glynn?!? Rif and others can attest...

1 - many over-long rigs, including doubles/triples (ie, 5'ers with boat-trailer behind) travel into-and-thru Calif;

2- Q (and Pilot Knob) is well into AZ, by over 10 mi.

We plan to visit for the 2nd week of RV (Big Tent Show), park near the water/dump,,, same as classes of 2007/2009 did in 2011.

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Tongue-in-cheek, Glynn?!? Rif and others can attest...

1 - many over-long rigs, including doubles/triples (ie, 5'ers with boat-trailer behind) travel into-and-thru Calif;

2- Q (and Pilot Knob) is well into AZ, by over 10 mi.

We plan to visit for the 2nd week of RV (Big Tent Show), park near the water/dump,,, same as classes of 2007/2009 did in 2011.

-Don

Sorry Don. No Pilot Knob is just barely over the California border. Just barely.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

-Don

We too plan on visiting Q during the RV Show (sometime). But we will find the gang for the reunion!

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

The new parts arrived late yesterday afternoon so this morning we installed them before it got real hot. The humidity is high too - like a sauna. Replace the heater core and over flow reservoir ( had a bad sensor ). Ready to go now and will hit the road again tomorrow - going toward Cleveland.

Safe travels everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Yesterday I went to Angle fire to get groceries and wanted to visit the hardware but it closes at 5 so I missed that. Today I decided to go over there to eat lunch and get the stuff I wanted from the hardware. I got the polyurathane and Gel Stain but it wasn't in the color I really wanted. But I forgot to get the Pre Stain conditioner so that gives me an excuse to have lunch over there again tomorrow. (Some guys will do anything to keep from fixing a meal.) I've been going bear spotting for a few minutes just about every night. They seem to come out and down near the waters edge about 7 PM each night. I sure wish I could find a road to get closer to them for pictures. I'm thinking about renting a boat to patrol the water edge out about 100 yards. That would be fine for pictures and should not scare the bears away. That will be a good activity to persue when my Cowgirl friend gets back from Texas. I think she would really like to see the bears from the safety of the boat. Maybe I can drop a hint for her to prepare a picnic dinner for that activity. I'll furnish the cranberry juice. ( I hope the boat knows the way back home.) It was sunny and the temperature in the mid to high 70's most of the afternoon. The temperature did reach 82 one time but only for a few minutes until a cloud covered the sun for a while. They have been forecasting Rain Storms every afternoon but I guess someone else is getting the rain, The other day we had a flood alert but we only got a few sprinkles here. The forecast was for as much a 3 inches of rain per hour. The National weather service sure comes up with some strange stories.

Edited by IYQ

I've been going bear spotting for a few minutes just about every night. They seem to come out and down near the waters edge about 7 PM each night. I sure wish I could find a road to get closer to them for pictures. I'm thinking about renting a boat to patrol the water edge out about 100 yards. That would be fine for pictures and should not scare the bears away.

I think bears swim. Pretty quickly if my impressions are right.

Linda

The new parts arrived late yesterday afternoon so this morning we installed them before it got real hot. The humidity is high too - like a sauna. Replace the heater core and over flow reservoir ( had a bad sensor ). Ready to go now and will hit the road again tomorrow - going toward Cleveland.

Safe travels everyone.

Jeff

Jeff, we just left the Cleveland area. Visiting the Falls at Niagra now. Don't miss the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...you won't be disappointed!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I think bears swim. Pretty quickly if my impressions are right.

Linda

Linda, bears are good swimmers...seen many out fishing. With a good set of oars you should be able to outrun them. Just don't be the slowest rower as they say!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Yes bears do swim but the object with the boat is to stay about 100 yards away so that I don't scar them away. And, with an outboard motor and a one hundred yard lead, I think I can out run them. Even after I fill up on cranberry juice.

Edited by IYQ

Yes bears do swim but the object with the boat is to stay about 100 yards away so that I don't scar them away. And, with an outboard motor and a one hundred yard lead, I think I can out run them. Even after I fill up on cranberry juice.

Smart plan Lee...even bears like cranberry juice! :D

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Yipee! No more Deer Damage on our rig. KZ did a wonderful job - took all week but paint match was amazing and they added a rock guard coat to the lower front area - should help stop chips. We will now head up to Michigan and then just do not know!!!

Well - Estes Park Co in early Sept for the Celtic Festival and then the balloon Festival in early Oct.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Hey, great news Julie, those dang Oklahoma deer can be even worse than a cranberry juice drinking bear! :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hey, great news Julie, those dang Oklahoma deer can be even worse than a cranberry juice drinking bear! :lol:

Steve, that bear is going to have to out swim that outboard motor before he drinks any of my Cranberry Juice. Even then if he gains on me too much I'll hit him over the head with the EMPTY bottle.

I got my mail forwarded today and boy did I get a bundle this month. The good news is that there were 5 checks in the priority envelope. The bad news is the nearest Well Fargo Bank is about 60 miles away in Raton, NM. The fuel to get there to deposit the checks will eat up one of the checks. So you know what I've been doing all day and will be doing most of the night. Book Work.

Jeff, we just left the Cleveland area. Visiting the Falls at Niagra now. Don't miss the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...you won't be disappointed!

We are at the Cuyahoga County fairgrounds planning to do the Rock & Roll hall of Fame. Here at the fairgrounds this weekend is an Irish festival and a flea market. http://www.cuyfair.com/calendar.php We went out to dinner tonight and security gave us a hard time getting back to the rv . They didn't want us driving through the people. Turned the corner and no crowd, so we went on to the rv. We'll have to get this figured out for the weekend. Hot and humid still.

Lee keep the motor running. I'm talking about the boat. lol Your motor seems to be running fine and your eyes on the bear. Don't get distracted by your company.

Safe travels,

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Steve, that bear is going to have to out swim that outboard motor before he drinks any of my Cranberry Juice. Even then if he gains on me too much I'll hit him over the head with the EMPTY bottle.

I got my mail forwarded today and boy did I get a bundle this month. The good news is that there were 5 checks in the priority envelope. The bad news is the nearest Well Fargo Bank is about 60 miles away in Raton, NM. The fuel to get there to deposit the checks will eat up one of the checks. So you know what I've been doing all day and will be doing most of the night. Book Work.

I discovered Mobile Banking.....download the app for Wells Fargo and all you need to do is take a picture of the front then the back of the check and send. I love it. Limit of $1,000 a day deposit so if any of them are over that amount you have to go to the bank anyway. But Mobile banking is great!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com