Sandie & Jim

Classes of 2008 and 2009

13 hours ago, Wanderin said:

Linda -  I don't think there is any need to apologize to anyone!  And, I'm not sure who (or if) anyone was offended.  I think we all understand wanting our "own" time as much also having time to socialize a little or a lot.  

We enjoyed both of you.  I think we all need to recharge our batteries every once in a while!!  I sure know I do!

Take care of yourselves!!

I whole heartedly agree with Jeri. I remember meeting you and Dave even before the graduation in Q. We were in Needles and had lunch at Denny's. I also remember the second year we were there with the new members of 2009. Everyone had already moved on and we were the only two rigs left and with a little wood left we had one last campfire. These are the memories I cherish.

The other Linda

5 hours ago, Lavinmh said:

I whole heartedly agree with Jeri. I remember meeting you and Dave even before the graduation in Q. We were in Needles and had lunch at Denny's. I also remember the second year we were there with the new members of 2009. Everyone had already moved on and we were the only two rigs left and with a little wood left we had one last campfire. These are the memories I cherish.

The other Linda

Thanks. I remember that Denny's and their steep driveway. Good thing you guys drove since our View would never have negotiated that driveway. But, the thing for which I am most grateful to you is introducing us to Emerald Cove. I'm pretty sure I've spent more time there than you have. :)

Linda S.

Linda - I can't believe anyone was offended by your need to charge your batteries at home. The older I get, the more I need that also. I was usually the first one to leave the campfires and go home because that was all I could handle. We enjoyed the time you spent with us and hope you realize that we consider you and Dave our friends.

5 hours ago, Sandie & Jim said:

Linda - I can't believe anyone was offended by your need to charge your batteries at home. The older I get, the more I need that also. I was usually the first one to leave the campfires and go home because that was all I could handle. We enjoyed the time you spent with us and hope you realize that we consider you and Dave our friends.

I think no one would have been offended if we understood what was happening. But, we didn't back then. So, some people in the Class of "08 just saw me ignoring them and not participating in group activities and were hurt by that. For that, I am sorry. Plus, I am hoping my recent explanation will help others deal with introversion in the future.

Yes, we consider you two our friends as well as all the other class members we've met. I'm just sorry an update to my computer has insisted that I can no longer comment on your blog. Be sure I am still reading each post, though.

Linda

Responding for Doug and I, we had no issue with you wanting "alone" time.  At times, in fact, we thought that you were lonely and wanted company.  We made arrangements to cook for you at Craggy Rock in Lake Havasu.  I sewed curtains for your little rig.  

The lifestyle that we all have chosen allows for many scenarios;   anywhere from huge crowds like at Quartzsite, medium get togethers with 4 or 5 rigs to alone time.  We often follow the Quartzsite experience with being out somewhere alone.

As most of you know, our youngest son has autism and stresses at lot at social events.   He knows to take them in small doses.

We all understand.

3 hours ago, palamine said:

Responding for Doug and I, we had no issue with you wanting "alone" time.  At times, in fact, we thought that you were lonely and wanted company.  We made arrangements to cook for you at Craggy Rock in Lake Havasu.  I sewed curtains for your little rig.  

The lifestyle that we all have chosen allows for many scenarios;   anywhere from huge crowds like at Quartzsite, medium get togethers with 4 or 5 rigs to alone time.  We often follow the Quartzsite experience with being out somewhere alone.

As most of you know, our youngest son has autism and stresses at lot at social events.   He knows to take them in small doses.

We all understand.

I have fond memories of those meals you cooked for me. Thanks.

The buyer of that rig when I sold it thanked me for the curtains you sewed.

You are a good friend.

Linda