Classes of 2008 and 2009

It has been good seeing how folks are doing.  I'm still up here in the PNW getting ready for another round of summer work.  Been doing some traveling, but mainly up here in Oregon and Washington.. I do plan to be in Yuma for a bit this winter, but most likely only a month or so in the November/December time frame.  Have some much needed Dental work to get done.  So for the time being, it's just playing in the shop and enjoying our beautiful weather.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. Jim is grilling chicken wings for me. I can hardly wait.

We've had lots of wind and ominous looking clouds but no rain. Sure hope everybody is safe. Been some nasty storms out across the country.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

41 minutes ago, Sandie & Jim said:

We've had lots of wind and ominous looking clouds but no rain. Sure hope everybody is safe. Been some nasty storms out across the country.

One nice thing about living is such a solidly built structure is I can sit in our living room and enjoy looking through our huge windows watching the weather whatever it is doing. Storms are lovely if you don't have to worry about your house nor go out in them.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

10 hours ago, sandsys said:

One nice thing about living is such a solidly built structure is I can sit in our living room and enjoy looking through our huge windows watching the weather whatever it is doing. Storms are lovely if you don't have to worry about your house nor go out in them.

Linda

Me too!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, Onthego said:

Does the Class Map still work or has everyone forgotten about moving your pin?

The last time Dave checked, the map still works. But, those of us who no longer move our bodies feel no need to move our pins. It seems to me a lot of our classmates are sedentary at least part of the year now so there is a lot less moving of pins. Maybe enough that when we do move we don't remember we should also move our pins? If so, WAKE UP EVERYONE! :)

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On 5/12/2019 at 9:41 PM, sandsys said:

The last time Dave checked, the map still works. But, those of us who no longer move our bodies feel no need to move our pins. It seems to me a lot of our classmates are sedentary at least part of the year now so there is a lot less moving of pins. Maybe enough that when we do move we don't remember we should also move our pins? If so, WAKE UP EVERYONE! :)

Linda

Thanks Linda. I thought it might still be running. We have a month long trip starting in a few days so I'll move my pin then. 

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff   

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

The Hyder's are in Beaumont, Tx. Our daughter fell off a ladder and broke her hip, knee, wrist and nose.  After 4 surgeries. she is now healing with her mother here to help.  We were at the south rim of the Grand Canyon when we got the call and rushed to TX.  She is doing amazingly well considering the damage she did.  Probably be here for several  more weeks.  We will travel some more this summer and winter in Yuma.  Hope to see everyone in the fall and winter. 

Jerry and Janice

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Huh, strange coincidence.  Our son, Jason, the electrician, also fell from his ladder (it broke) and he broke his pelvis and four ribs.  That was 2 1/2 months ago.  He was in hospital for a week and then in bed at home until 2 weeks ago when his doctor told him he was well enough to get up.  Today he is in Disneyworld.  He isn't great and is using a scooter to get around.  Sure hope he doesn't wreck himself.

Make sure Stacey listens to her doctor and does what he says.  Well wishes coming her way.

We are still waiting for the illusive neurology appointment.  We did go to the GP last week and we trust that he is on the case.  I have good days and bad days.  I watch a lot of tv but I make dinner everyday.  Granted I start preparing about 3 and sometimes Doug has to finish up.  He is great.  He looks after me so well.  I hate losing my independence but I am getting used to be spoiled.

We will be travelling again sometime in the fall/winter.  We miss you all.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

4 hours ago, palamine said:

He is great.  He looks after me so well.  I hate losing my independence but I am getting used to be spoiled.

I relate. Sometimes I think Dave takes care of me too well. It's too easy to let him do things I could do myself.

Linda

Speedy recovery for all. I think a lot of us have things we are dealing with and we aren't getting any younger.

We arrived near Colorado Springs yesterday for a 3 nights before moving to Loveland. There is a chance for a little SNOW tomorrow morning. Yuck! 

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff     😊

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Yes, this May in Colorado has looked more like the end of winter than the beginning of summer. I'm up at 8500 ft and so far in May we've had 3 snow storms that covered the ground in white. I'm usually out on the ATV exploring high country trails well before mid May, but this year the NFS hasn't yet opened any of their locked winter gates to access the high country trails.

Jim

5 hours ago, JRP said:

Yes, this May in Colorado has looked more like the end of winter than the beginning of summer. I'm up at 8500 ft and so far in May we've had 3 snow storms that covered the ground in white. I'm usually out on the ATV exploring high country trails well before mid May, but this year the NFS hasn't yet opened any of their locked winter gates to access the high country trails.

We drove up to the top of Grand Mesa about a month ago and the snow was more than 10 feet deep.  Grand Mesa is 10,000 feet high and the snow is expected to hang around into July in a lot of the Colorado high country.

Edited by Randyretired

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

• 5 weeks later...

I just want to let you all know that I am tired of hospitals and doctor's offices. Jim has been in the hospital four times this year which means a zillion follow up doctor appointments. But I brought him home this morning from this last procedure to rotor rooter his left leg artery which was almost totally shut down from plaque. The procedure was scheduled for Tuesday morning but they couldn't do it because his kidney function was lousy. So they kept him overnight to flush out his kidneys and then did the job Wednesday afternoon, He was supposed to come home last night but his blood wouldn't thicken up so they could remove the tube and he wouldn't bleed to death. So he spent another night in their company and I brought him home this morning.

So far summer hasn't been too bad here in AZ. We had a couple of 112 days but most of the time its 104 or 105. You actually do get used to it. However they are saying we will have some days over 120 and I'm not too sure how we'll do then.

For those of you who have explored the Superstition Mountains and Wilderness, there is a huge fire burning just north of Superior. It is over 50,000 acres and about 41 percent contained. However the winds are supposed to pick up tomorrow which is not good. The road from Apache Junction up to Canyon Lake and Tortilla Flat all the way to Roosevelt Lake is closed. Today everybody at Roosevelt Lake were under a mandatory evacuation. They figure they will lose about 75% of the Wilderness area. From our place we can see the smoke just pouring over the top of Superstition Mountains.

Hope everybody is having a great summer. Check in once in awhile.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

• 1 month later...

It's been a little over ten years since a bunch of RVers actually met in the Quartzsite desert.  Remember that time?   Then, we met again and again and again.  Between our gatherings who knew where any of us would be?  We were here and there and just about everywhere.  No one knew if they'd run into another until Dave Sand stepped up and created a map for us.  We all had our passwords and were so good at pinpointing our location just in case another one in the group got close.  None of us wanted to miss getting together for a lunch or dinner with a new found RV friend.  What fun we had and what great times!  Thank you Dave for that wonderful map you created that kept us all close.

Dave created that map and then I embedded it in an easy to remember (I hoped) domain name.  It was RVClass2008.com.  Well, this has been in use for those ten years but it's about to come down.  Folks are slowing down (obviously) and the use of the map has dwindled. Thus, I've decided not to renew the website for another year ....  Not sure when it'll disappear off that site but since I removed my credit card, it'll be soon.

Hopefully, you'll continue to travel and with Facebook around, we can all keep up a little there if not here!

'Tis life on the road.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

It was good times but nothing lasts forever. I hope those of you still on the road are still enjoying your travels. And I hope to see you here every now and then. Maybe we should start a thread on memories. Like the shotgun. :)

Linda

4 hours ago, sandsys said:

It was good times but nothing lasts forever. I hope those of you still on the road are still enjoying your travels. And I hope to see you here every now and then. Maybe we should start a thread on memories. Like the shotgun. :)

Linda

And the ice cream machine. Be sure to thank Dave for designing our map.  So many good times.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

6 hours ago, sandsys said:

Linda

We definitely have good memories with great people.  Such a fun time.  I'd do it again.  So glad to have met the people we did and we're all so lucky to have been able to have a life on the road.  Take care of yourselves!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• 2 weeks later...

Darn, now we are in Page Arizona traveling for the summer, and without the map I'll be lost!:o  You're right we are all slowing down from that historical meeting in Q way back then.  What a ride it has been.  We now have a winter place in Yuma and just got a summer place in Chimmicum,  Washington.  We are not there this summer as we have been traveling in the Colorado Northern Arizona area.  We will be back in Yuma the first of Sept. Thanks again Jeri and Dave for keeping the site active so many years.  Part of the adventure.  Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"