NIRVC offers parking for displaced full-timers

Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

3 minutes ago, sandsys said:

What is NIRVC? I don't follow IRV2 so was reluctant to let them download to my computer as your link required.

Linda

It's just a PDF file to save to your desktop... safe. It's a letter from "National Indoor RV Center." Apparently, they have a property they previously operated out of in Phoenix that has 30 RV sites they no longer use (moved to a different location) that they're making available to displaced full-timers.

Rob

Edited by Second Chance

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Here's the letter for those who don't want to open the link:

I have spent the past two weeks here in Arizona at our Phoenix facility and we’re hearing several times a day from customers how their reservations have been cancelled at the RV parks or resorts they were scheduled to stay in.

In the wake of all the “Stay at Home Orders” we would like to do what we can to help our fellow coach owners who have been displaced. As many of you know we recently moved our Phoenix operations to our new location in Surprise, Arizona. At our old location, we have 30 fenced-in, secure camping sites, each with 50 amp service.

While we wish we had more to offer, we would like to make these 30 sites available to those coach owners who have been displaced. In addition to having individual electric, these 30 sites have access to fresh water and dump stations on site. This means that you will need to move your coach in order to fill it with fresh water and dump your tanks every few days depending on how long you shower. However, the water and dump stations are on site and inside the security gate.

The last thing we will ever do is to try and profit from someone’s misfortune or this crisis. These 30 sites, along with the electricity used by those staying in them, will be free of charge. Please note they will be issued on a first come, first served basis. "Mi casa, su casa!" If you're already a member of the National Indoor RV Center family (or need to become one) who has been displaced, please call Dusty at (520) 253-3500 and she will coordinate with you to determine availability and provide you with a security code to gain access. If you are concerned about congregating, there is plenty of space at that location and we will leave the social distancing up to you.

As a full timer I’ll admit it makes me a little jealous because knowing coach owners like I know them, I suspect it’s going to be like a 30 coach rally every day and every night. I’m sorry I’ll be missing out on all the fun!

Keep your chin up and give us a call if you’re in need of a place to stay.

All the best,

Brett Davis

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

On 3/27/2020 at 10:00 PM, 2gypsies said:

As a full timer I’ll admit it makes me a little jealous because knowing coach owners like I know them, I suspect it’s going to be like a 30 coach rally every day and every night. I’m sorry I’ll be missing out on all the fun!

I hope he's dead wrong on the rally atmosphere. 

23 hours ago, Blues said:

I hope he's dead wrong on the rally atmosphere. 

Party like there's no tomorrow, and there may not be many. Just heard on the news today a group of college kids in TX tested positive. Now authorities are searching for others who were in the group and who have been in close contact with others.

A niece is a LPN, and manager for Alzheimer patients unit. She is hospitalized with the virus, not doing well. It doesn't matter how educated, tough, healthy, or age one is; this is deadly serious. Facts and percentages mean little when it hits your family.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961