seeing double. off topic

GlennWest

48 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Oh, I thought made that clear. Not happy with monovision. I had been nearsighted most of my life until laski. Unfortuatly in my 40's i started loosing my near sightness. Hated the thick glasses and bifocals after that. 

Yes, I'm sorry. You made that clear. I just meant to agree with you, since I don't know anyone happy with that procedure. Jay

I have the standard lens that Medicare pays for, as time progresses I get more near-sighted. Today I'm sitting approx. 3' from my computer screen, anything closer blurs. Trouble with that is print font is too small.  I have  monitor font set at 125% just to read. Reading glasses do not focus at the correct distance for my desk monitor, if I move the monitor closer I have no place to do paperwork.

Years ago I worked in maintenance at a factory, since I was wearing glasses to see at a distance back then, all I needed was my prescription safety glasses under the hood for chipping. I no longer require safety glasses, just reading. I do have a cheap set of plain glass with reading (bifocal) magnification I use around the garage/workshop.

Getting old is inconvenient.☹️

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Ray, 3' everything blurrs. And glasses don't correct? Actually that where I am now with glasses not using bicocals. Bicofocals gets me up close but with double vision.Actually double visision is at any distance but shows up worse close up. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I understand that monogamy vision is not allowed for a cdl. That was supposed to say mono but as this started about spelling or typing mistakes I decided to leave it. I have a form of dyslexia that make spelling, not reading, very hard for me and as the above example shows spell  check is not always your friend. I tend to leave n and m in between words from hitting the space button. So mistake on.

Glenn, isn't it hard to weld that way? (seeing double?) or are you just twice as good?  Heck, these days I have a hard time welding seeing only one puddle!!

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

On 12/29/2019 at 10:28 PM, GlennWest said:

Ray, 3' everything blurrs. And glasses don't correct? Actually that where I am now with glasses not using bicocals. Bicofocals gets me up close but with double vision.Actually double visision is at any distance but shows up worse close up. 

Sorry, I should have stated, my reading glasses are from the Dollar store, not prescription.

If I could have a "do-over' on the cataract surgery I would have requested my vision be made for close/medium instead of distance; as my vision is getting more distant than it was a year after surgery. This is with the standard Medicare replacement lens, perhaps a more high-end lens would be better. Also, technology has advanced rapidly since my 10 yr old surgery.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961