Campspreading

Zulu

Today I experienced my first obvious example of "camp spreading" . . . where the people at a campsite keep expanding the space they occupy. On the first day it was just a travel trailer, mom pop and kid with a couple of lawn chairs. Later in the day more adults and kids, a dog or two, more cars, more lawn chairs, and a canopy tent. Next, games like bean bag toss were set up. On day two, the lawn chairs and games moved outward. By the end of the day the bean bag toss game was about 100 feet away from the camp site and they were playing catch across sites. It was fun to watch.

Anyone with similar stories?

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

We've sort of been those people. When we were fulltiming and camped near home we sometimes hosted family gatherings or gatherings of former coworkers but only for an evening and the only kid was a toddler who never left our circle. But other than having lots of cars to park we stayed within the bounds of our own lot. OK, once a coworker brought their rig and camped just down the road from us but we still kept the socializing within the bounds of our lot.

Years ago, however, when we were still tent campers Dave's family had an annual camping weekend with his parents, several adults kids & spouses, and our kids. The kids did tend to take over the road between our campsites with their games but they were good about moving over if a vehicle approached. We picked one of our sites each year to be the gathering space for everyone. Usually it was the one with the youngest kid until that kid got old enough to not have to be close enough for the kid to go to bed early. Since our daughter was the oldest of the grandkids we didn't host for years. It was a mixed blessing when our turn finally came. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 hours ago, Twotoes said:

When that happens I usually join their group and drink their beer. Lol lol lol 😆 

LMAO...there ya go. Problem solved.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

We were hosting at a State park when a group came for an anniversary celebration. They rented several sites together, including an extra one, for the food. Unfortunately, the designated food site was the easiest one to back into, and one of their group didn't appreciate the extra work of having to back into a harder site, but that was his problem. The group pretty much kept the road clear, and weren't loud.

At another State park we had a group of smokers for the weekend. They showed up with their rigs, then went home and brought back the smokers and food. On Saturday they fed the entire park! Again, the kids weren't a problem.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS