brake over angle or is it break over angle?

house

I am getting ready to stretch my frame, I am planning stretching my truck and I am concerned about the brake over angle in the rear with the bumper pull hitch, I am staying tandem and  I am planning on installing my TSLB2 air ride hitch as close to my rear air bags as possible, which overlaps the frame 10 inches.  This will put my GN ball about 40ish inches behind the rear axle centerline of my truck, which from reading on here and my experience is not too bad.  My plan is to tack 48" behind the existing frame rail which leaves me just a hair less than 2 feet behind the ball. I figure this will give me more capacity when hauling hay bobtailing, also it will be un noticed when trailering.  my only concern is will this much overhang be a PITA? I would like to have My Receiver hitch 18-20 above the ground, will i i have to go higher?  Will i scrape every driveway this way? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Nick

That would be departure angle. Break over angle is the clearance between the axles as you crest a ridge.

That said, my rear bumper hitch is about that far behind the truck. I don’t remember the exact measurements off the top of my head. It has not been a problem.

My bumper pull hitch is 20ish inches high, same height as my Dodge one ton hitch , I have only scraped once on a very steep driveway, while bobtail. 

To do it over again, I would put the hitch 2-4 inches higher, and use a drop hitch if necessary.

XzXhPidl.jpg

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Archived