Smart Car 120,000 miles $2400? Update #2

Lance A Lott

Looking at  two different Smart Cars one has 120k and the other 104k. They are the same price one is 2 hours further away. Is there anything I should ask and look for? Is that milage ok? I probably won't put 25k on it in the rest of my life. One is a convertible the other is not. I have to admit to never even sitting in one.  Thanks

I am going to look at one of the cars tomorrow. I will keep my finger crossed!

Well I bought the car. Seller came down to $2000. 120,000 miles only thing I found wrong so far is the ABS light came on.

Considering that you can find low mileage units for well under $7k, I'd keep shopping.  I found several with under 20k miles under that $7k mark.

I only looked at 2010-2014 units, on autotrader.com.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

451 models use a Mitsubishi engine, according to Wikipedia. I didn't read far enough to find later models.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

Thank you for the input. I realy don't need a car, I was going to use the spider my father has left in the barn. But my wife in not sure about that idea. I am willing to spend 2500 or so but not more than that. I just didn't won't to bother if they never go over 130k or something like that. 

I don't mind runing the hdt to get milk but Nadine won't, and I suppose it will be harder to use at some tourist attractions. But I usually drive the ton flatbed anyway so not that much different.  My work car is a 77 passenger bus so I am used to finding parking places, but they are usually a walk from what ever you won't to see.

So, is the "spider" a Spyder, or a Fiat?  One works well for your wife in bad weather, the other, not so much.

Consider spending a bit more and having a nicer smart as an "errand" vehicle.  Ours gets a fair amount of use.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

3 hours ago, rickeieio said:

So, is the "spider" a Spyder, or a Fiat?  One works well for your wife in bad weather, the other, not so much.

Consider spending a bit more and having a nicer smart as an "errand" vehicle.  Ours gets a fair amount of use.

I can't spell and the computer can't tell which witch is which, and without Nadine neither can I.  Spyder I think. The three wheeled bike,with the wide front end. 

I have way to many vehicles already and don't need another for day to day use, however in a couple of years the plan is to take the horses and head on the road for a month or so each summer keeping a eye out for a place to,settle. Something smaller than the Volvo would be handy. I am trying to prepare in advance. The car I am most interested in was owned by a man who past and supposedly is in excellent shape. If I keep the car for the rest of my life I probably won't put 25k on it. If I find that I prefer the Spder $2400 is a lot less of a mistake than $7000. If we love it And use it a lot we could get a different one.

. When you travel with horses there's  limited time for running around and only one can go most of the time. But who ever is left in camp need a way out other than a horse.

Archived