10 Year Rule

Velos

In our park you can't use the amenities (pool, guilting center, woodshop, pottery kiln, pickle ball courts, batting cage, etc) unless you have your badge with you and your guest need to have guest badges.  There is no way they can keep track of residents by sight when there are 1800 sites.  B)

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

40 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

In our park you can't use the amenities (pool, guilting center, woodshop, pottery kiln, pickle ball courts, batting cage, etc) unless you have your badge with you and your guest need to have guest badges.  There is no way they can keep track of residents by sight when there are 1800 sites.  B)

I never liked wearing a name badge in my work a day world because the pin holes ruined my clothes.  Now they have magnetic backs and snap on backs that slip on the pin so you can clip the name tag onto your collar or pocket so I look at it differently. Also having attended several RV Rallies over the years, many have crafting classes that created conversation starting lanyards to put your name tag on.  The older (and wiser) we get the harder it is to remember names, I appreciate having name badges in our socially active RV park so everyone has the opportunity to have a friendly first impression and especially second and third until you can remember their name:)😁

On the dark side there are those that try to get something for nothing, and sneak into events or activities in larger RV parks without paying. Yep, saw it this summer at a RV park with a honor golf course after 1:30 in the afternoon and people waited till the pro-shop closed and played in an unmarked golf cart.   Having a name badge (or numbered golf cart) helps employees prevent potential confrontations with unconfirmed visitors.

Another reason for badges especially in a 55+ community with transient visitors is to identify individuals in an emergency situation where one may not be able to speak for themselves. IMHO if it comes to enlisting the "badge police" communication of the reason for name badges unfortunately wasn't communicated effectively in the first place.

Our only problem is that the badges for those who rent annually are not overly large, so you almost have to put your nose on the badge to read the name.  The color is the key and the larger "transient" badges are much easier to read.   I know, those of us who return each year are suppose to remember each other's names - - but some of us are really terrible at names of people we only see maybe once a month at some function.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

9 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

In our park you can't use the amenities (pool, guilting center, woodshop, pottery kiln, pickle ball courts, batting cage, etc) unless you have your badge with you and your guest need to have guest badges.

Can't see anything wrong with that. Most RV rallies and many other parks and events do that as well. That isn't like fining someone. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'd be in a world of trouble if our park "fined" people for not wearing their badges!     I'm always having to go back to get mine, and then I can't remember where I put it the last time I needed it.  Usually it is pinned to my pool cover as that is the one place that I do use on a regular basis.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Badge  no badge it is a non issue for us. The only thing I worry about is if the  Yellowstone super volcano will erupt  and end the world bef ore we get there.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Archived