Restoration work begins ...

Morelli

6 minutes ago, ARGO said:

If you want to upgrade the exterior a little, those taillights are Ford Econoline/Explorer & nice units available. One thing I added you might think about is a MUCH bigger 3rd brake light.

I have a Kountry Aire also.  Do you mean for the existing rear lights, as direct replacements?

Marcel

Yep, perfect fit. Understand, the custom units like I bought for my (2003) KA require the newer style bulb sockets, and newer style bulbs. (And BTW, Ford black is ground and Newmar white is ground, don't ask.....). I also installed a 2014 Ford PU cab-back light w/all LEDS in place of the miserable Newmar  high stop light. Requires a bigger cutout, but a careful man with a Dremel can fix that. It "just" covers the existing light/bezel combo nicely. Pics available

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

On 2/8/2018 at 7:50 AM, ARGO said:

If you want to upgrade the exterior a little, those taillights are Ford Econoline/Explorer & nice units available. One thing I added you might think about is a MUCH bigger 3rd brake light.

I have a Kountry Aire also.  Do you mean for the existing rear lights, as direct replacements?

Have you found better replacements for the marker lights?  My lenses are dried out and falling apart,  Grote originals but wonder about what might replace them with lower cost.

Marcel

38 minutes ago, rpsinc said:

Have you found better replacements for the marker lights?  My lenses are dried out and falling apart,  Grote originals but wonder about what might replace them with lower cost.

You might try :

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20180214080243&SearchText=marker+lights+for+trucks

Goes around , comes around .

If your roof is the same as mine, and I have a KA, its fiberglass, so using a membrane would be going backwards.  A liquid EPDM coating is best.  I will be using it but I have found a place to tint it so I will be covering the roof and the front cap with the tinted coating the color of the foundation color of my trailer.

Marcel

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if the KA lights are the same as the American Star? I don't believe the AS has an extra brake light, that would be a good idea, but in the meantime, I have always planned on replacing the rear lights with nice bright LEDs, just not so sure I wanted to just install new bulbs, in a sun faded but whole tail light assembly, or just replace the whole thing - new lens new illumination.

Guess I need to find some AS owners that had the same ideas and completed them.

Mike & Ann with Bourbon

2008 RAM 2500 HD / 2003 Newmar American Star SERENITY

bourbon named smaller.jpg

Archived