Insurance

I'mdonewiththis forum

We went through Miller and got a nice policy from National General.  I was very happy with the service from Miller.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

9 minutes ago, KD7UCH said:

Is that Miller in Oregon?

Yes

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Although my F550 is not a HDT is might as well be as far as insurance goes. I just paid a 6 month policy with Nat Gen through Miller and it was $1025, that's for my truck, trailer and Jeep. It has been going up about 10 percent every 6 months. Vehicles are older and worth less but the premiums keep going up and up. Clean driving record, excellent credit but registered in New Mexico. I think they figure as time goes on you are more risky as a accident is overdue. 

2006 Elite Suite 36TK3
2001 F-550 Starhauler
www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
IN GOD WE TRUST

On 11/30/2017 at 1:02 PM, Mntom said:

Hey all, I am wondering what everyone is paying for insurance for their HDT. I did check on it once and was told "about $1000". I was wondering if you would tell me what insurance costs (ball park figure is fine). Oh, and also who your insured with.

Tom

Tom,

When we lived in MN last year we paid about $800 per year with State Farm. In South Carolina, we are at about $1200 per year with State Farm still and all of our vehicles went up on insurance so it does vary per state. But then there are other factors to consider when comparing states such as property taxes. Our budget for vehicle and house insurance, plates, property taxes, etc.. only varied by a couple of hundred dollars for the year when moving from MN to SC even though just the HDT insurance went up by $400 per year.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I just received my insurance renewal for our 2003 Volvo 610, registered as a Motorhome , and 2005 Holiday Rambler 5th wheel. The policies are written with American National in Texas. The 6 month premium is $532.00. I carry b$250,000.00/$500,000.00, $500.00 deductible.

ShortyO 

On 12/16/2017 at 2:55 PM, KD7UCH said:

Is that Miller in Oregon?

As Big5er already posted, yes it is Miller insurance out of Oregon.  They specialize in RV insurance and were very helpful.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Archived