Posting

whj469

There is a software glitch that has caused quite a few members to post the same thing more than once. It is supposed to stop that, but doesn't work real well..............

What I have found to be a 'work around' is to attempt to post. When the message "saving" displays for a few seconds hit 'F5' key. Then you need to scroll down to the bottom and you will see your post plus the same reply below that with the message you are getting. Just use the back button to go back to the forum and all is well!

VisitedStatesMap.gif

3 hours ago, Mntom said:

There is a software glitch that has caused quite a few members to post the same thing more than once. It is supposed to stop that, but doesn't work real well..............

What I have found to be a 'work around' is to attempt to post. When the message "saving" displays for a few seconds hit 'F5' key. Then you need to scroll down to the bottom and you will see your post plus the same reply below that with the message you are getting. Just use the back button to go back to the forum and all is well!

OR , simply wait for the system while it is saving . It'll switch and then post your reply . 

But , most folks don't have enough patience for that kind of thing in this instant gratification world . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

8 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

OR , simply wait for the system while it is saving . It'll switch and then post your reply . 

But , most folks don't have enough patience for that kind of thing in this instant gratification world . ;)

I have waited as long as two minutes and still nothing happened so I don't consider that 'instant gratification'.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

22 hours ago, Mntom said:

What I have found to be a 'work around' is to attempt to post. When the message "saving" displays for a few seconds hit 'F5' key.

That not only works but it is easy. And it works at many other sites when they happen to run slow as well. The problems seem to be a host issue and Escapees do not host the forums in-house. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived