Class A front entry vs mid-entry

breister

Another question regarding an RV we are looking to purchase. What are your thoughts on a front entry vs a mid-entry in a DP? We are looking at a used HR Imperial that has a mid-entry and it seems kind of nice in that you don't have to pass around the passenger seat every time you go in or out? But it seems that maybe it takes up some floor space that you would have if you had a front entry? Just curious what others think. thanks

We have mid-entry and like it. That saves steps if going in and out too while parked, but not a huge deal. Front entry allows unbroken space behind passenger seat, so allows different/longer configurations and slideouts (don't have solidest incorporating a door).

The advantage of the front entry is exactly what you have observed. We lived in a mid entry motorhome and there are several advantages, while the loss of the stairwell area is the only disadvantage that we found. On the other hand, with mid entry, people can pass in or out without traversing the entire living area. It also means that the door is closer to the kitchen, where most of what you bring in and out belongs as groceries in and trash out are the most frequently moved items.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We had no issues with a front entry and enjoyed the unbroken space. The front chair swivel around so it gives you a lot of living space. We've had 12 people sitting in ours with the addition of folding chairs. Groceries were no problem. We usually just went up the outside step and we could reach the front passenger chair. We set the bags there and when finished unloading we came in and walked them back to the kitchen. It worked for us!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We originally thought we wanted a mid-entry but couldn't find one that we wanted. Having had a front entry for 4+ years I no longer think we would have been able to do as much with the mid-entry as we have with what we have. Last year we removed the dining table and replaced it with a sewing/cutting table with lift capability. I not sure we could have done that and still had room for my Stressless recliner with the mid-entry.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

If you get a front entry rig think about what you'll do if you have a fire in the wheel by the door. Very unlikely ever to happen but if it does and you have no clue what to do it can be bad.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

We've had both. Regardless of any opinions the center door takes away more wall space. Therefore living area. The only negative I have re front is every time you enter the coach you are walking through the coach to get to the kitchen. That means, in the majority of coaches I have seen, mean walking over carpet. Also keep in mind that a center door will cut into the usable space under your awning.

regards

If you get a front entry rig think about what you'll do if you have a fire in the wheel by the door. Very unlikely ever to happen but if it does and you have no clue what to do it can be bad.

Most MH have a escape window in the bedroom. :rolleyes: In fact I could get out of another 3 slider windows(23"X32") behind the wheel by the door. :)

Mid door with a kitchen fire may be blocked. Can't use the front passenger door exit.

In my front door MH I don't have far to carry grocery's to the kitchen.

As in my 34' MH it is only 12' from the front steps to the kitchen area.

Besides it is good exercise to walk.

If I had a mid door I probably wouldn't had room for my entertainment center with a 46" LED straight across 6' from the couch. :D

If the prices keep dropping down. One of those new 48" curved screen 4K will fit good there also.

409708275.jpg

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived