Stacker Bed

wtgeodog

I had a SolidWorks file somewhere with a similar idea involving motorbikes. I was leaning towards the upper deck going back a it lowered, rather than a true 4-poster style. The headache rack to anchor to wasn't a whole bunch heavier than a commercially available unit.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I had this idea but ended up being to tall, or taller than I was comfortable with but I was not designing for a smart, mine was with a vw jetta. I think it could work I just have not sent the time to figure it out. This would be a very cool thing to be able to haul both. Wouldn't make a difference to the truck that's for sure

You pretty much need tandems, and a frame drop like "Rumrunner" did during his build. Beau-coup work, big $$$ involved. Will also end up with a looong wheelbase, unless a short cab Argosy is used.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

We load a RZR sideways and carry a Subaru length wise. The front of the Forester is over the RZR. The car is slanted down in the rear to keep the height at 13'. We also remove the roll bar on the RZR. A RZR over the roof of a car even without the roll bar would be over 13.5' on most cars. Tandem axles.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Archived