Backup camera problems

Broncohauler

My wife bought me a backup camera awhile back and I just installed it, and it's not working!!

Rear view safety 7''

model #XOOO199BQF

It's a very simple install , just plug everything in. Only 3 wires to hook up 

black -ground

red -Hot

Blue - trigger wire I have hooked to the red so it's always on. 

I'm showing NO SIGNAL on the screen??

any ideas? I've double check all connections with no luck. 

The camera is on the #3 hookup as told and I've double check that the monitor is also. 

Manual online shows the unit Blue wire is to be used for Reverse trigger. Also says the camera connection moves around. Could be marked Reverse, or use port 2, or 3. Sounds like they're sourcing electronics from multiple sources, and trying to package as a working system. I predict some frustration in your future.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Just now, Darryl&Rita said:

Manual online shows the unit Blue wire is to be used for Reverse trigger. Also says the camera connection moves around. Could be marked Reverse, or use port 2, or 3. Sounds like they're sourcing electronics from multiple sources, and trying to package as a working system. I predict some frustration in your future.

They say you can hook the blue trigger wire to red 12v for constantly on. 

I have for now both coming off the extra terminal on the key switch. 

(1997 peterbilt old school)

the camera cable is on port #3 marked backup, which is what they say to use for a 1- camera setup. 

I did try the other ports just for grins. 

Since it's a wireless camera, do what it takes to get the camera (transmitter) and reciever closer. I hate wireless cameras. HATE them.

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

17 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Since it's a wireless camera, do what it takes to get the camera (transmitter) and reciever closer. I hate wireless cameras. HATE them.

Not wireless, it does have a very long cable hookup on it. 

Thats what surprises me it's a very easy hookup other than the cable I ran. 

49 minutes ago, MrSeas said:

Yes that looks like it. Waittfor photo bucket to down load my photos, its struggling. Then I'll post some pictures. 

Theres only one cable to hook up and I have it on the #3 spot

I believe the cable shown is for a DVD player feed. 

Facepalm. I don't know where the wireless came from, I even looked at the wiring connections. Gahh! I'm going to blame Google, the first 2 hits were to wireless models of RearView Safety cameras.

Ok, basic troubleshooting time. Is the control box putting out 12v to the camera, when the power is applied? Is the camera wiring carrying the 12v to the camera? Pins 1 (12v) & 5 (Gnd).

Please e-mail us here.

In the video I watched, it said in a one-camera setup cut off the trigger as it is useless.  Try disconnecting 12V on the trigger wire.

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

Chet   Sounds like ET stuff. Over my head! How did Richmond go? Our BU camera is always on. That was how i wanted it wired and the dealer did it that way. I keep an eye on it when we are rolling. Will be at Holiday Travel Park Thurs to Mon then over to Williamsburgh for Memorial day weekend. Back home the 31st. Give me a call when you can.   Pat

The Old Sailor

Your unit probably will take multiple cameras. You may just need to press the button to cycle through the cameras. I think is says something like VH1/VH2 on the button. Mine will give that message if I'm trying to display the wrong camera.

Brad  

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

I talk to the tech line at RVS (rear view Safety) this week. They made the system, and this is who my wife bought it from.  

You call and get an answering service give them your info and they have to call you back. 

They walked me through a few different steps with no success.  They believe the camera is bad because it does not glow showing power when turned on  from the night vision LEDs,But could be the cable or main box.

Since I don't have the receipt to prove it's less than a year old (it was a gift)  But I do have the box and all the packing materials to show that it's a brand-new install they don't want to stand behind it, and want $88.00 plus shipping for Just the camera with no  guarantee that's the problem. 

Needless to say I'm not real happy I want to try customer support next week   

So use the manual, a meter, and some pieces of wire to troubleshoot the control box output and the wiring. Better than throwing money down a well.

Please e-mail us here.

7 hours ago, Broncohauler said:

Since I don't have the receipt to prove it's less than a year old (it was a gift)  But I do have the box and all the packing materials to show that it's a brand-new install they don't want to stand behind it, and want $88.00 plus shipping for Just the camera with no  guarantee that's the problem. 

How did she pay for it? Any way to track the purchase that way? 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived