Classes of 2008 and 2009

We are heading back to our rig. Been visiting kids.... and will this weekend.... but we are itching to get back to the rig. It's hard to believe that one can miss a camper... but for us .... the camper is home and we miss it such as it is.

Like someone else said.... Life is good!! I pray my kids will be able to retire and some day be able to travel and see this great country as we have. God has made some magnificent wonders to see.... and allowed us to see some of them.

Last year I was told I have cancer.... believe me, every day is something that is wonderful. Cancer is a life changing happening.

Life is certainly worth the living! Live it!!!

Full timing since June 1, 2009 - Class of 2009 and loving it!
2008 Ford F350 King Ranch, 6.4L CC DRW 4x4 - 2013 39ft Keystone Alpine 3555 RL 5ver

Currently part of Sojourners

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Linda - you definitely need to stay safe. And driving in wind is something we don't do.

Xnman - Cancer definitely does give you an appreciate of this world and everything in it. Good times with the kids but I agree - the camper is home and I love it.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Today we left IBSP and our volunteer job and drove to our friends driveway in MI. We will be here till the end of Oct. Karla and I have Dr and dentist appointments and Kora has her appointments as well. We will be visiting w/ friends and family that are in the area. It was a great summer w/ the job and being with the kids and grandkids. Sad to be leaving. We are however looking forward to our travels out west this winter.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Today we left IBSP and our volunteer job and drove to our friends driveway in MI. We will be here till the end of Oct. Karla and I have Dr and dentist appointments and Kora has her appointments as well. We will be visiting w/ friends and family that are in the area. It was a great summer w/ the job and being with the kids and grandkids. Sad to be leaving. We are however looking forward to our travels out west this winter.

You guys are coming out west!? Awesome! Gonna be at Q?

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Here is our story: Wickenburg AZ, weekend of Nov 14 for the Bluegrass Festival there. Then a bunch of PA parks for 1 week stays in and around Sun City and Mesa till Dec 15-Jan 21, when we will be at a RV Park in Las Vegas, spending some time w/ Karla's daughter and new husband. Then we took advantage of the 1 year free membership at the Colorado River Adventure Parks, so we will be around Parker AZ for a month or so (thanks Linda). And at some point we will be heading to the Northern CA to visit w/ brother and sister there.

I will be keeping up with everybody thru this forum and we will make a meet up work, maybe just not Q when everybody is there, but somewhere/sometime. We were thinking of a week or so at Senator Wash/Imperial Dam area, we here there is some nice winter time kayaking going on.

keeping in touch

You will really enjoy the CRA resort in Parker. We stay there a lot. Probably will be there right after Q for a least 2 weeks. We will then go over to Acton CA at a Thousand Trail park then back to Parker maybe. A lot depends on when we have to be back in VA to start our Corps of engineer job.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

What's the story of the 1-year free membership at the Colorado River Adventure Parks? Sounds like a good place to land after Q. Is it still available?

Thanks.................Paul

Paul, I sent you a PM

I'm now in Durham, NC, at a program where I have to be up about 7 am every day. Since I normally sleep 3 am to noon, my body is acting as if I have have jet lag. Not fun, but getting better as the days pass. I'm hoping to be able to get well enough to join you all in Q and Parker this winter but I'm making no promises yet. Or ever, probably--that jello thing you know.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well I caught up to Steve today. This getting old happened a lot sooner than expected, anyhow i'm just glad to be here. Hope everyone is having fun!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Gosh, I can't believe it is time already to be heading to Tucson for the winter again! We sure made a grand loop this summer! We are stopping in Mesa Nov. 1 for some repairs. $$$Ouch! Then on to Tucson. Today we head to Kanab, UT, to see some places we haven't seen before. We kept barely missing meeting with fellow SKPs!

When are some of the rest of you going to be in southern AZ? Where will you be staying?

Linda, hope you are getting better.

Sandie, we will have to make some kind of plans to get together. What is your estimated date to be back in AZ?

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Happy Birthday Freddy, sure glad you caught me. This 70 stuff is fun! Lets see, no can't see, lets p--, no can't p--, wild sex, naw, hmmm can't remember any more! Oh yeah that too! Have a great one Freddy!! :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Sandie, we enjoyed seeing you guys. Would be nice to get this topic going again to see where everyone is. We are "camping" in RV Renovator's lot here in Mesa going on 3 weeks while getting repairs done. Hope to be in Tucson for the winter after this week. Anyone else already at their winter destination?

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

I'm on the road again. It got cold enough in Durham, NC, to have to run my furnace a lot and my solar panels couldn't keep up with the demand of the furnace fan with all the overcast and mostly cloudy skies. So I'm headed south. Whatever that means. Probably will go to Rainbow Plantation and sit there until I figure it out.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

The beet harvest is over and the new Techma Silence Plus toilet and the Michelins for the coach are in. So the two week stay at the beach is over. Sure

glad to get out of the rain and head for the sun of Yuma once again. Plan on going to "Q" for a week, so if anyone is near the Bluebird circle, will stop by again this year to say "hi".

John & Cheryl Hintsala

2001 Blue Bird Wanderlodge LXi

2009 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

1999 Harley Ultra Classic

Linda - just relax and enjoy your stay at Rainbow. You have lots of time to decide what you want to do.

Cheryl - What week will you guys be in Q? Its been forever since we've seen you guys and would love to catch up again.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Well .... here we are ... still in Florida. Been here the whole year of 2014 and will stay thru the winter. But one fantastic note.... I had another pet scan and psa .... and I have been found Cancer free!!! I have to be tested for quite a while ... but the radiaion treatments and all that I went through worked!!! It was a life changing moment when the doctor said..."You've got cancer and will die if you go on that trip." We had planned a trip from Florida to California to Seatle Wa and then a cruise and then tour Vancouver Canada. But it didn't happen because of what the doctor said.

So we stayed in Florida.... went through the treatments... I changed my diet and some other things... and what a relief to hear the doctor say..."I would say you are cancer free." I thank God for giving me and my wife this blessing. And I thank all for their prayers.

God is good and the life God gives us is good. I love it!!

Full timing since June 1, 2009 - Class of 2009 and loving it!
2008 Ford F350 King Ranch, 6.4L CC DRW 4x4 - 2013 39ft Keystone Alpine 3555 RL 5ver

Currently part of Sojourners

Well .... here we are ... still in Florida. Been here the whole year of 2014 and will stay thru the winter. But one fantastic note.... I had another pet scan and psa .... and I have been found Cancer free!!! I have to be tested for quite a while ... but the radiaion treatments and all that I went through worked!!! It was a life changing moment when the doctor said..."You've got cancer and will die if you go on that trip." We had planned a trip from Florida to California to Seatle Wa and then a cruise and then tour Vancouver Canada. But it didn't happen because of what the doctor said.

So we stayed in Florida.... went through the treatments... I changed my diet and some other things... and what a relief to hear the doctor say..."I would say you are cancer free." I thank God for giving me and my wife this blessing. And I thank all for their prayers.

God is good and the life God gives us is good. I love it!!

I'm celebrating your good news by raising a glass of diet soda since I no longer drink wine.

Linda Sand