Classes of 2008 and 2009

Hey just read this, congratulations on the daughters wedding! Lucky you guys.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Eric & Karla......I just thought to myself that I should just quit reading the Escapee Forum and here was your comment. Guess I'll skim over it for another couple weeks...LOL

Yep, going to get one of the girls married this summer. She is very happy! Nice guy to boot! Now to get daughter #2 hooked up...Ha Ha!

You guys have a good summer up North!

BE SAFE......Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Hi Eric & Karla......I just thought to myself that I should just quit reading the Escapee Forum and here was your comment. Guess I'll skim over it for another couple weeks...LOL

Yep, going to get one of the girls married this summer. She is very happy! Nice guy to boot! Now to get daughter #2 hooked up...Ha Ha!

You guys have a good summer up North!

BE SAFE......Paul

g.

Paul please don't quit the forum,I wish more of our class would post on this thred as we are about to loose our identity. Good luck with the wedding.

LIFE IS GOOD!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

We certainly don't want to lose our identity so here we are. We're on our second day of Wal-mart hopping in San Antonio. I'm sure glad spring break will be over after this weekend. It's been a tough week trying to find a place to stay. Now if we had used our foresight, we might not have had a problem. Today we move out of Wal-mart and into a park. We have a broke water valve and that's tough to have when you're dry camping. Hopefully we'll be able to get water loaded on board again and get that fixed. Granddaughter is flying down for her spring break on the 25th. Then, it's off to east Texas where we put her back on a plane a couple weeks later.. Then to Dallas, maybe to Tucson again and maybe to San Diego ... maybe. That's our very tentative plan at this point --- very tentative plan.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We've spent most of time lately working on the travel trailer. Buying a used model means some work needs to be done. Tonight our park had it's going away party. I can't believe the number of folks who are headed north at the end of the month. I think they're nuts. Then Jim went to the races with a bunch of guys from the park. I'm finally getting caught up on reading blogs and the forum.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

Our refrigerator died yesterday and nobody has one in stock. CW has the best price so they ordered one for us. Won't be here till Monday. Luckily there is a full size frig/freezer in the shop here at the park so I loaded most of the contents of ours into that one. Kept some of the most used food in a cooler here. Went to buy ice at one of those ice houses close to here. Put in my money and the ice came sliding out and dumped all over the ground. The machine was out of bags. Oh what fun. At least we won't loose any food or have to go on an eating binge. Oh what fun living in an motorhome.

How's your day?

Our refrigerator died yesterday and nobody has one in stock. CW has the best price so they ordered one for us. Won't be here till Monday. Luckily there is a full size frig/freezer in the shop here at the park so I loaded most of the contents of ours into that one. Kept some of the most used food in a cooler here. Went to buy ice at one of those ice houses close to here. Put in my money and the ice came sliding out and dumped all over the ground. The machine was out of bags. Oh what fun. At least we won't loose any food or have to go on an eating binge. Oh what fun living in an motorhome.

How's your day?

Seems like life is always throwing curveballs. If it isn't one thing its 10 others. It's all about handling it. Sometime it's not much fun. Friends were volunteering near Savannah, Ga. at Christmas and their frig went out. They ended up at Alliance coach in Wildwood, Fl. They up graded to a residential frig. Think they were without a frig for almost 2 weeks.

Hang in there.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Eric:

Ours went out a couple a of years ago and we put a rebuilt Amish cooling unit in and it is still working good. The unit was $530.00 and we got $100 back for returning the old core. The total cost labor all was around $800.00. The tech that put it in wouldn't warrant his labor because of the rebuilt unit but it worked for us.

LIFE IS STILL GOOD!!!

Freddy

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Still on the road with the World of Outlaws. Two more weeks, then they head for the Midwest, us to Washington. Meet up with the car again in Minnesota for a while. Will do the beets in Sidney, MT again. Had a blast doing it last year.

John & Cheryl Hintsala

2001 Blue Bird Wanderlodge LXi

2009 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

1999 Harley Ultra Classic

Still on the road with the World of Outlaws. Two more weeks, then they head for the Midwest, us to Washington. Meet up with the car again in Minnesota for a while. Will do the beets in Sidney, MT again. Had a blast doing it last year.

Glad you had such a good time with the beet harvest. Growing up in Sidney that was just a part of life. Lots of my classmates folks worked there. We've thought about doing it but not sure we're physically ready for it.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Marsha would love for our fridge to die so I would be forced to install a residential unit. That's the path we were forced down our first year in our motor home.

We crossed into Ohio today. Spending the night with friends in Cincinnati. Yeah, yeah, I here you.....IT'S TOOOO EARLY TO BE IN OHIO!! Marsha has lots of plans for my time this summer and we have a daughter getting married so I thought I better get here and get busy. I'm sure we'll have some cold weather for the next couple weeks but I am sure praying for NO SNOW!!

Good travels & be safe.... :P Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2010 Ford F350 DRW
SKP# 102686

Thanks all for the input, We have a Dometic so no re-built Amish for us, but we did look into a factory rebuilt and it isn't much cheaper than new. And we did think about a residential frig, but w/ no inverter and some space limitations, it really isn't right. So a new one just like the old is on order. And yes Kora is ready to help with any and all food consumption (just to be helpful I'm sure).

We are lucky that all the food we just bought is safe and cold in the frig in the shop here at the park. It could be so much worse. Life does go on.

We are here for a few more weeks and then it is North for us. Boy I hope it starts warming up soon. A few weeks in MI and then on to IL. for another summer.

Well, our stay in Tucson is up so we are heading to Mesa on Tuesday, April 1. We will be there for a month to visit friends, go to the big flea market, go to Tom's BBQ-ummmm! May drive part of the Apache Trail again. Then again we may leave after 2 weeks. Weird! The CG we will stay in is charging the same rate for a two week stay as they are for the full month of April. So if we decide to move on, we haven't lost anything! Hope to see some of you as we head to the Northwest this summer...

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Well, our stay in Tucson is up so we are heading to Mesa on Tuesday, April 1. We will be there for a month to visit friends, go to the big flea market, go to Tom's BBQ-ummmm! May drive part of the Apache Trail again. Then again we may leave after 2 weeks. Weird! The CG we will stay in is charging the same rate for a two week stay as they are for the full month of April. So if we decide to move on, we haven't lost anything! Hope to see some of you as we head to the Northwest this summer...

Carol

See you hopefully before too long.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Cheryl

Look for us in Sidney, MT. We have got the call saying we were hired for the beet harvest. It will be our first. In my past life I drove dump truck for the beet harvest one year. (1980) It was from Cloves, NM to Herford, TX.

We are looking forward to the harvest and now to meeting the two of you.

Glyn

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Eric,

Try this link for repair to your refrigerator. www.rvrefrigeratorrepair.com in Falkville,Ala. About 10 tears ago my Ref went out and I had them to fix it. Still working good about 3 years later when I sold the RV. In north Ala straight up from Birmingham, Ala.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Again thanks everybody for the input and suggestions. I picked up our new refrig at CW Tues morning and by 4:30 it was up and running. I had help from the trailer repair guy from across the street. I had the old one disconnected, doors off and ready for removal by the time he showed up. The hardest part of the install was reversing the door swing. It comes only as a right hand swing and of course I needed it to be a left swing. It is working as it should and we again are happy campers. One more issue on the coach is a leaky tire that I will get fixed on our way out of here.

Our winter home is slowly emptying out and we are saying our goodbys to all here in the park. We have one more Happy Hour/Dance in the club house this Saturday Night. And then it's MI here we come.

Eric, glad to hear everything went well with the Fridge install. Ohio weather has been great since last Saturday (snow on March 29). Temps in the 60's but cooling to 40's this coming week. Snow in the UP but that won't affect you!

Have a safe trip!............Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2010 Ford F350 DRW
SKP# 102686

• 2 weeks later...

We made it safely to our MI home. And the weather isn't so bad. Cloudy and 60 at 9:30am. And with a high today of 75. Feeling pretty good about it all. (Now Tues might be a little different) I have never disliked cold and snow as much as I dislike clouds and gloom.

All Is Good!

I'm with you on the gray and gloom. Things are so much nicer when the sun shines. I always said it's the never ending gray days that make Ohio winters unbearable. It can be 50* in the South but if the sun is shining you feel pretty good!

We've only had one BAD day since we arrived (April 1). That was 2" of snow. The rest have been pretty nice.

Glad you made it back to MI without much trouble. Enjoy your summer!

Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2010 Ford F350 DRW
SKP# 102686