Classes of 2008 and 2009

We closed the Warren Bridge Campground on Oct. 1 at 9 am. We will be back to open it in May 2012 if the Lord is willing. We are in Toledo, Ohio with our youngest daughter and two grandkids. Our son and his family live here, also. We will be here until Nov.

We stoped in Iowa to have the trailer looked at and had some repairs. They said we needed the slide seals replaced. Anyone ever heard that before? The tlr. is a 2005. $$$$$ for that to be done.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats on the new grandson - so wonderful -enjoy every minute.

We are now in Kansas City - saw the Hallmark crown center today - worth the stop!! As is the Truman home and library in Independence Mo.

Spending some time with Dave and Nancy - we are heading to Branson area next - then they head west and we head east for the winter - well maybe a month or two in Texas first.

Miss our "diaper tart" granddaughter but feels wonderful to be on the road again.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

We are just north of Chicago and the weather has been beautiful. Justin's Navy bootcamp is now behind him. The passing review ceremony (bootcamp graduation) was pretty spectacular. At least we thought it was. Tomorrow he leaves for Pensacola and we head back to Seattle just to drive south about 120 miles where the motorhome is parked. I just looked at that weather and it's certainly not as nice as it is here. Over the next 10 days or so we're going to get some things done we need to finish and then start looking for a little break in that weather to head south.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I went out to dinner with about 15 friends from the RV Ranch tonight. We had a ball comparing our summer travels and talking about past things we've done at the ranch here and the Slabs at Saltan Sea. I was a little more sore this morning than I have been but it wore off about noon. It turned very chlly here today. It only got up to the high 60's all day and a sharp breeze makes it feel twice as cold. The weather man says we'll go down to the high 30's tonight. I'll bet my blue flame heater will be running most of the night. Tomorrow a bunch of us are going to the St Clare Winery to their Octoberfest. They have wine tasting and a bunch of silly contest like grape stomping etc. It sould be fun or after tasting about 50 different wines we won't care if it's fun or not.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Put the weather dog (Millie) out this morning and she came back wet! It was just a mist. But later it turned into a gentle rain that is the type farmers pray for. No wind just 5 hours of rain. It's the best thing that has happened up here all year. Too bad it's going to take so much more to break the worst drought in New Mexico history.

Lee, you might want to check that weather forecast for the Slabs one more time. I just took a look at Quartzsite and in 10 days they are saying it will be back in the mid 90s.

I too am suffering from hitch itch. I just had a call from friends tonight asking me to come on down. I need to find enough busy work to hold me here at least a couple of weeks.

Then we're outa here.

Oh Oh... I almost forgot.....BOOMER!!!

Edited by Sailbad

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

10/10 we extended one more day to get thru Columbus day and are still here at the Sante Fe,NM, fairgrounds.

Had some snow in the upper elevations and woke up to beautiful scenery in the surrounding mountains. This is unusual for this time of year but it was a treat for us.

Carol

Edited by Carol A

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Still sitting at the old homestead. Weather is turning, had rain the last couple of mornings. Right now it is just like a nice summer day but gonna really cool off tonight. Have started packing things into the Doghouse, might actually be moving my pin by the end of the month.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Are you sure your pin can leave the state?:D Been stuck there a long time. We should be in Beaumont, Tx tomorrow for several weeks. Let us know when you come this way.

Jerry

Still sitting at the old homestead. Weather is turning, had rain the last couple of mornings. Right now it is just like a nice summer day but gonna really cool off tonight. Have started packing things into the Doghouse, might actually be moving my pin by the end of the month.

Joe

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Are you sure your pin can leave the state?:D Been stuck there a long time. We should be in Beaumont, Tx tomorrow for several weeks. Let us know when you come this way.

Jerry

Well I'm not real sure if it can leave the state or not.:-) But I do know that the map doesn't work on this Tablet. :-) Hmmmm Beaumont, TX......should only take 3 or 4 days to get that far.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

But I do know that the map doesn't work on this Tablet. :-)

What tablet are you using? I am able to update on my iPhone. Not very easy with the small screen. The easiest way is to enter the coordinates using the GPS button.

Dave Sand

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

A bunch of us LOWs went to the Wine festival at St Clair Winery today. They had wine tasting and grape stomping contest and some pretty good music. I somehow left there with a sac full of cranberry juice. I swear I don't know how that happened. Maybe I tasted too many types of wine. They had a Blue Teal, White Merlot that was really good. It sorta looked like the bottle that was in the bag that followed me home. And a delicious Pinot Noir followed the White Merlot home too. It was a lot of fun but I sure got tired with all the standing talking to my friends. All the tables were too close to the band so you couldn't hear your self think. (Maybe that's because I never think) Oh well, I did have a good time.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Lee, you might want to check that weather forecast for the Slabs one more time. I just took a look at Quartzsite and in 10 days they are saying it will be back in the mid 90s.

I too am suffering from hitch itch. I just had a call from friends tonight asking me to come on down. I need to find enough busy work to hold me here at least a couple of weeks.

Then we're outa here.

Your right, The guy that showed me the report the other day must have saved a printout from last winter. I just checked the weather channel 10 day report and next week will be in the hundreds. Infact the lowest high was 90 and that's tomorrow. We had 36 last night and a little frost on the windshield. It only got to 72 today.

Your right, The guy that showed me the report the other day must have saved a printout from last winter. I just checked the weather channel 10 day report and next week will be in the hundreds. Infact the lowest high was 90 and that's tomorrow. We had 36 last night and a little frost on the windshield. It only got to 72 today.

We are thinking of checking out "the slabs" on the way down. Sounds like a very interesting place. I know that you like it Lee. Friendly folks there?

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

What tablet are you using? I am able to update on my iPhone. Not very easy with the small screen. The easiest way is to enter the coordinates using the GPS button.

Dave Sand

Hi Dave,

I'm using the Toshiba Thrive. When I go to the site, before I get a chance to hit "Log on", a yahoo popup comes on with no way to shut it off. At that point I'm unable to do anything with the map.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

10/10 we extended one more day to get thru Columbus day and are still here at the Sante Fe,NM, fairgrounds.

Had some snow in the upper elevations and woke up to beautiful scenery in the surrounding mountains. This is unusual for this time of year but it was a treat for us.

Carol

Carol;

Wish we had known you were in Santa Fe. We were in town all day yesterday. Drove right by the fairgrounds. WE are at Cochiti Lake campground and went to Santa Fe for the day. This is a pretty CG [Coe] and only 10.00 a day with old folks card, E/W .

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Hi Dave,

I'm using the Toshiba Thrive. When I go to the site, before I get a chance to hit "Log on", a yahoo popup comes on with no way to shut it off. At that point I'm unable to do anything with the map.

Joe

Try using http://www.sandsys.org/maps. This will take you directly to the map page.

Dave Sand

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

Put the weather dog (Millie) out this morning and she came back wet! It was just a mist. But later it turned into a gentle rain that is the type farmers pray for. No wind just 5 hours of rain. It's the best thing that has happened up here all year. Too bad it's going to take so much more to break the worst drought in New Mexico history.

Then we're outa here.

Oh Oh... I almost forgot.....BOOMER!!!

SOONER!!! Texas won't forget that one for a while!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well, got a few little things done yesterday. Carol has a bad cold, so she's laying low for a while. She had to go all the way to Green Bay, WI to bring it back... What I really wanted was a t-shirt, oh well. :rolleyes: I had been noticing that my water pressure was low. I talked to a couple of the guys parked next to me and they said, "did you notice the red water"? They were working on the pipes down the street from us so I guess they stirred things up a bit. My water was not red, but I thought maybe my filter picked it up. I replaced it and yep, that was it. I'd had it in there a year, so it was ready for replacement anyway. I also adjusted a couple of blinds, replaced a cabinet latch, serviced the batteries, and checked out my battery combiner switch that I suspected was not working right. I checked the voltage on the house batteries, and they were at 12.7V and the chassis batteries were at 12.2V. When I pushed the aux start switch (which is supposed to combine the two), the solenoid clicked, but the voltage on the chassis side did not change, so i think it's bad. The same thing happens when I'm driving down the road, the alternator from the bus engine is not charging the house batteries. Hmmmmm The solenoid is getting the signal to change, it clicked like it did, but no results. I think I'll look around for one of those today. It's raining, so might as well do something constructive. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well I'm not real sure if it can leave the state or not.:-) But I do know that the map doesn't work on this Tablet. :-) Hmmmm Beaumont, TX......should only take 3 or 4 days to get that far.

Joe

hope ya'll have fun in the Beaumont Tx area. We spent several weeks this summer in that area. Driving down to Crystal Beach and around Houston. I like Beaumont! We stayed at two different parks right off the Interstate on the West side of town. Very nice area.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

SOONER!!! Texas won't forget that one for a while!

I should say not!!!! Great to watch in my eyes! OK looks like a Championship team again this year. Our Huskers pulled their heads out in the last quarter...better late than never, but still a pretty flat team this season so far! Not the Championship material that we are used to!!!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

hope ya'll have fun in the Beaumont Tx area. We spent several weeks this summer in that area. Driving down to Crystal Beach and around Houston. I like Beaumont! We stayed at two different parks right off the Interstate on the West side of town. Very nice area.

Crossed wires Kay? It's Janice and Jerry that are in Beaumont. Their daughter lives there.

And we (the four of us) were in Beaumont in mid-November at a park right off the Interstate. We didn't see you.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Here's a question for all of you ..... have you ever spent the night when traveling through at a rest area along the freeway? If we're just traveling through and want to keep going without the hassle of finding a park, we've usually looked for a truck stop or Wal-mart. I used to think it was because rest areas weren't as safe. We're thinking why not? Anyone have input or done this?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Guest coldsmoke

Here's a question for all of you ..... have you ever spent the night when traveling through at a rest area along the freeway? If we're just traveling through and want to keep going without the hassle of finding a park, we've usually looked for a truck stop or Wal-mart. I used to think it was because rest areas weren't as safe. We're thinking why not? Anyone have input or done this?

we do it all the time.. best advice is never put out your slides.. some truckers dont care, and they may try to remove them for you. may be noisy but we try to get into a back row or end of row.

mike and deb