Classes of 2008 and 2009

Eric and Karla - congrats you guys. Glad to hear everybody is doing good. Lots of fun.

Lee - so good to hear you are feeling better and not in so much pain. Nice that you're not looking at that ceiling any longer.

Carol A - have a great time at your rodeo. But I know you will. Just try and stay out of trouble.

The weather has been beautiful for our first day at Zion. Tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous again and then a cold front is coming through. Can't believe I'm using that four letter word.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it must be Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. They might get some flying in tomorrow morning. But if the weather report is even close, its going to be windy and rain for the next few days. I would think it's not a good idea to launch a balloon unless you want to wind up in Nebraska.

Of course that mean Millie will get in some of those touch and goes Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

We received the call at 3;30 am last night that my daughter Kai was in labor and at the hospital. We packed up the car and drove over to the hospital in Chicago. Grant Matthew Drury was born at 7;30 am today. Weighing in at 9lbs 10 oz and with a total length of 22 in and a full head of hair all is well. Kai and Mike is doing well and we are all tired. We are babysitting their dog while they are still in the hospital.

eric and karla

CONGRATULATIONS Eric & Karla! :)

Sandie,

Zion terrified me when we drove through there a couple years ago. Do you have to drive down that steep mountain rd with the 5th & boat?

Diane

John & Diane with Phoebe & Hannah

Escapees Graduating Class of 2009

2013 GMC 2500HD 4x4 pulling a 2012 Mobile Scout 5th Wheel

Lifetime Members ~ SKP#103244

Congratulations! Eric & Karla, new grandbaby's are always fun! Enjoy! Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Sandie,

Zion terrified me when we drove through there a couple years ago. Do you have to drive down that steep mountain rd with the 5th & boat?

Diane

Diane - we're not taking the RV through the tunnel and over that direction. We're going to just take the truck and go see that area. I'm trying to keep us on pretty "calm" roads since we are so long. I'm trying to plan on how we're going to get through Phoenix to Apache Junction. May take the long way around.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Diane - we're not taking the RV through the tunnel and over that direction. We're going to just take the truck and go see that area. I'm trying to keep us on pretty "calm" roads since we are so long. I'm trying to plan on how we're going to get through Phoenix to Apache Junction. May take the long way around.

Oh Good! It's beautiful there but scary in a RV on those mountain roads.

Have Fun!

John & Diane with Phoebe & Hannah

Escapees Graduating Class of 2009

2013 GMC 2500HD 4x4 pulling a 2012 Mobile Scout 5th Wheel

Lifetime Members ~ SKP#103244

Guest coldsmoke

lavins where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuu ? we are going to upstate NY for a couple weeks then down the east coast to SC, if you are in area we will see you all

mike and deb

Congratulations Karla and Eric!! This little baby will sure bring lots of joy to your life!!

Sandie -- I17 to 101 Loop to 202. That pretty much will bypass Phoenix coming from the North. It'll also keep you on good roads. You could stay just north of Phoenix and make that trip on a Sunday morning.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Congratulations Karla and Eric!! This little baby will sure bring lots of joy to your life!!

Sandie -- I17 to 101 Loop to 202. That pretty much will bypass Phoenix coming from the North. It'll also keep you on good roads. You could stay just north of Phoenix and make that trip on a Sunday morning.

Thanks Jeri - I was thinking maybe Lake Pleasant.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

We've stayed at Lake Pleasant also. Nice place, fishing there too! Steve

Edited by Steved44

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Wow! That new baby outgrew newborn clothes before it was born! Glad to hear the mother is OK. Congratulations to the whole family.

Lee, So good to hear you are still pain free. Yup, I'd stop carving when visitors show up, too. You've carved enough fingers already. You should enter some of your carvings in craft contests; I'm sure you'd win some prizes. I had trouble not walking out of your trailer with all of them when you showed them to us.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I got up and ate breakfast, Then I took a nap. I went outside and took a walk, then I took a nap. I sat outside and carved a little while, then I took a nap. I went down town and ate a sandwich and got some groceries, then I took a nap. I went to happy hour, Then I took a nap, It's now raining, I think I'll take a nap.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

lavins where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuu ? we are going to upstate NY for a couple weeks then down the east coast to SC, if you are in area we will see you all

mike and deb

Sorry we missed you guys. As Paul said we are now in Campbellsville, Kentucky to work at Amazon.com. We will be here until after the christmas holiday. Be careful going to upstate NY this time of year. It could snow at anytime and a lot of the campgrounds close after Columbus Day.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

We are in Bridgeport, Tx tonight, headed to see grandbabies. Last night we spent in Amarillo, Tx and ate at The Big Texan Steakhouse, we had the 21 oz steak and split it and could not eat all the steak. How could someone eat the 72 oz steak? I got to thinking about who in our group could eat a 72 oz steak. If it was crabs, I would bet on Jeri and Joe to eat 72oz's B) . If it was eggs, I think Jim could come real close.:D I don't think anyone in our group could eat the 72 oz steak but Lee might after a long walk!!!:P

As we drove across New Mexico and the wind blew the whole way, I am pretty sure Millie passed me once or twice.

Jerry

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

We are in Bridgeport, Tx tonight, headed to see grandbabies. Last night we spent in Amarillo, Tx and ate at The Big Texan Steakhouse, we had the 21 oz steak and split it and could not eat all the steak. How could someone eat the 72 oz steak? I got to thinking about who in our group could eat a 72 oz steak. If it was crabs, I would bet on Jeri and Joe to eat 72oz's B) . If it was eggs, I think Jim could come real close.:D I don't think anyone in our group could eat the 72 oz steak but Lee might after a long walk!!!:P

As we drove across New Mexico and the wind blew the whole way, I am pretty sure Millie passed me once or twice.

Jerry

The Big Texan is a fun place to eat! We try to always stop there on our way to AZ. since we miss a good steak very much while we're here. Now we will head back to Nebraska in a couple weeks, and I told DH today I wanted to stop there and eat on the way home! Did ya see somebody sit up there on that stage and

eat the 72 oz.? We watched a guy the last time we were there. He did it, but what a waste because they just go throw it up..... I wouldn't ever do it. I do believe they have the best Carrot Cake I've ever had! Enjoy those Grand Babies. Soon we will be headed to see ours!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

After that 72oz steak what can I have for dessert. No I don't think I could handle that anymore, even after a long walk. I've been eating rabbit food just about all summer and kinda like it that way. I bought an Eight ounce steak about a week ago and didn't even enjoy the last few bites of it.

I'll be going over to Las Cruces in a few days to buy a bike. Maybe I can get a little more exercise with that because it is not weight bearing and would be a little easier on my back and hip. Oh well, If I gain all the weight back that I've lost eating rabbit food, I can always be an anchor for Millie so she don't end up being a Texan in some of those central NM winds.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Jerry

Millie the Mooch was trying to get your attention......She wanted the BONE! :lol:

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Guest coldsmoke

Sorry we missed you guys. As Paul said we are now in Campbellsville, Kentucky to work at Amazon.com. We will be here until after the christmas holiday. Be careful going to upstate NY this time of year. It could snow at anytime and a lot of the campgrounds close after Columbus Day.

maybe we can catch up with you guys there if we head down that way to SC

mike and deb

I'll be going over to Las Cruces in a few days to buy a bike. Maybe I can get a little more exercise with that because it is not weight bearing and would be a little easier on my back and hip. Oh well, If I gain all the weight back that I've lost eating rabbit food, I can always be an anchor for Millie so she don't end up being a Texan in some of those central NM winds.

Lee....good luck on the bike. I find it MUCH BETTER exercise for my replaced hip and glued back... :=) It seems to loosen things up rather than the tightness I sometimes get from tooo many morning walks.

Paul

Edited by Paul Weaver

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Jim and Sandie, I know you are in Utah. Got snow? Watch out for that nasty weather and be safe.

Nasty weather expected here in Sante Fe today as well with high winds and rain.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Weather is lousy. No snow but rain, and wind, and rain, and wind and more rain. And cold. We did see snow on the mountaintops surrounding us this morning. Those of you who are still north, keep an eye on this weather. It's supposed to be nicer again this week-end but not sure how long that will last. Millie has wings and our girls are growing web feet.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Well Carol we had the high winds also today. Millie couldn't practice today. She doesn't have a dust mask. We're supposed to have one more coming through tonight or tomorrow. Then it will clear up for a week or so.

I can't believe how soon November is creeping up. I'm actually going to have to do my fall cleaning and think about winterizing the Casita before long. I'm starting to watch the weather in Quartzsite. It should break around the end of the month. Then it will be time to wander down the hill and join my friends in the LTVA.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

We had winds today but I've seen worse. Peaks only hit 32 mph. A dust storm went across just north of us but we were lucky cause it missed us. I carved a switch plate this morning for a friend. He cut too big of a hole and needed something to mount a switch and to cover the hole. He's tickled pink.

Dave C. I saw a weather report for the Slabs this morning and the 10 day forcast was for high seventy's to Mid 80 through most of the period. The Slabs is usually a little warmer than Q. We have been having very moderate days and nights lately but they are forcasting a cold blast to hit tomorrow with nights down into the low 40's and high 30's and days only in the mid 70's. I'm getting hitch itch and want to get rolling toward the Slabs.