Classes of 2008 and 2009

Well, today was a good touring day for us! We started out by taking a walking tour of the Meteor Crater west of Winslow AZ. It was a very interesting tour. DH was into the facts of this more, but the tour guide was funny and the walk felt good. It was a beautiful day to be in God's Church! After the tour we watched the film and walked through the museum there. We are staying at the little RV Park right off I 40 at the Meteor Crater Exit, so we stopped and picked up the brat dog and continued back east through Holbrook to the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest....made a driving loop, getting out and drinking in all of the beauty in that place! We ate a lunch I packed today, and spent lots of time outside. I'm bushed tonight, but that's a good thing! Yesterday we spent time "Standing on the Corner" in Winslow AZ. and picking up a few things in the gift shop there on the square. There was a Native American Music festival going on this weekend in Winslow, so it was a very fun atmosphere. It's great to be experiencing a little of this great Fall weather, and we are headed to Yuma in a few more days, where it's stil up there in the 100s, so loving the low 80s now! Hope you all are getting out to enjoy the early fall season. We will move west again on Tuesday.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeri: There is a BLM in the middle of the Imperial Dunes just west of Brawley, CA on Hwy 78 that is for 4 wheels and other off road vehicles. It's packed with rigs every weekend. There is another off road BLM on the south edge of Borrego Springs that is very popular and Borrego Springs is a beautiful Park and town. Thats just west of the Saltan Sea. I think the highway is S22 out of Saltan City, CA. However the Off road BLM is south of Borrego Springs on S3. In Borrego Springs there is an area that a man has made a lot of very large animals like elephants and Horses out of metal. They are very good looking. He allows you to boondock on his land right there with the metal animals for 3 days.

Sunday has been pretty dead around here. It was a little to hot to be outside for very long so most of the people stayed inside under the AC. I know they were under it cause they all had DOG HAIR on them. Now I know how Millie is able to fly. Her hair is lighter than air.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Jeri: There is a BLM in the middle of the Imperial Dunes just west of Brawley, CA on Hwy 78 that is for 4 wheels and other off road vehicles. It's packed with rigs every weekend. There is another off road BLM on the south edge of Borrego Springs that is very popular and Borrego Springs is a beautiful Park and town. Thats just west of the Saltan Sea. I think the highway is S22 out of Saltan City, CA. However the Off road BLM is south of Borrego Springs on S3. In Borrego Springs there is an area that a man has made a lot of very large animals like elephants and Horses out of metal. They are very good looking. He allows you to boondock on his land right there with the metal animals for 3 days.

Sunday has been pretty dead around here. It was a little to hot to be outside for very long so most of the people stayed inside under the AC. I know they were under it cause they all had DOG HAIR on them. Now I know how Millie is able to fly. Her hair is lighter than air.

WOW ... I think the land with the metal animals would really be fun. I'm going to have to check it out. We figured we'd probably spend some time in that area maybe in February. Terry's folks are in Phoenix so we will probably spend a couple months around the Gold Canyon area -- December and January. Besides we can bug the Dixons and the Lairds. Thanks for the tips. I'm going to look them up. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

WOW ... I think the land with the metal animals would really be fun. I'm going to have to check it out. We figured we'd probably spend some time in that area maybe in February. Terry's folks are in Phoenix so we will probably spend a couple months around the Gold Canyon area -- December and January. Besides we can bug the Dixons and the Lairds. Thanks for the tips. I'm going to look them up. :rolleyes:

There is also a State park Campground at Borrego Springs it very pretty there I thing the fee was $25 a night for hookups

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We loved Bryce Canyon, Capital Reef and Red Canyon. Spent almost a month there with Mike and Julie, and Dave and Nancy. When you are driving to Bryce from Red Canyon, there is a road on the right a mile or so before the entrance that goes to Tropic Reservoir. Gravel road but beautiful ride and several boondock areas next to small lakes. We are in Monument, Co., come on over :D

After closing our campground we parked on the Home Depot parking lot in Durango for a nite, and got a new Alure wood floor installed in the trailer. Then we went to Devils Canyon, a USFS campground for three days to rest up. Then we drove to Price Ut. Elks for one nite. Then to Provo to visit friends for a couple of days. We have now been at Captal Reef for three days. [We met and parked next to Rick and Karen Bennet from the class of 2010] We are leaving this AM for Red Canyon next to Brice for a few days. Hope everyone is well.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Janice has a few pictures of the animals on her blog for 2-14-2010. Don't forget you can ride in the sand dunes at Imperial dunes. You can ride over 20 miles in one direction if you want.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

We loved Bryce Canyon, Capital Reef and Red Canyon. Spent almost a month there with Mike and Julie, and Dave and Nancy. When you are driving to Bryce from Red Canyon, there is a road on the right a mile or so before the entrance that goes to Tropic Reservoir. Gravel road but beautiful ride and several boondock areas next to small lakes. We are in Monument, Co., come on over :D

We'll be headed that way in about a week so thanks for the info. I'm hoping we can spend a couple of weeks in that area. We head out in the morning. I almost hate to say that for fear that something else will go wrong.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I'm going to Las Cruces in the morning with a friend to help him get a few things he needs for working on his trailer and new solar system. I hope my rear end is up to the bouncing of his truck. Tonight I sat outside and watched the Iridium flare. FYI it's the Iridium satellite coming out of the earths shadow then right back into it again. It can be very bright for just a few seconds. If any of you are interested in that sort of stuff log into www.heavens-above.com and punch in your coordinates. It will tell you just about everything that is going on up there, where to look and at what time. Stuff like these solar flares and the space station and a bunch of other stuff. And, now it's time to nurse my sore neck. HA! :D

Houston, we have left the drive way. Tonight we're in Butte, MT. Hoping to see my great niece while we're here and do some sightseeing. Must haves are a pasty covered with gravy and a pork chop sandwich. Butte is well known for both of them along with drinking and the big pit. Feels so wonderful to be back on the road again.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Houston, we have left the drive way. Tonight we're in Butte, MT. Hoping to see my great niece while we're here and do some sightseeing. Must haves are a pasty covered with gravy and a pork chop sandwich. Butte is well known for both of them along with drinking and the big pit. Feels so wonderful to be back on the road again.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

I went to Las Cruses, NM today with a friend. I bought a secretarial chair for my trailer. I don't know why I didn't think of that long ago. It is very comfortable with memory foam padding and more nobs and adjustments than a space ship. I think maybe these dinette seat were part of the problem with the sciatic or what ever it was.

Jeri: Before you guys go zooming off on those 4 wheelers you better get a hand held GPS like the ones they use for geocaching. You can cover a lot of miles in no time at all with those things and in places like the dunes there are tracks all over the place and everything looks alike. You can get lost in a hurry. There are no named roads so the compass setting on a hand held GPS will point to the place you started from if you make sure you enter that spot before you leave. They also leave a bread crum trail on the map page if you want to follow your tracks back. We don't want to loose you guys after all who could we blame everything on if you were not with us.

Edited by IYQ

Sandie.....glad to hear "you're off!".....you were soooo excited you posted TWICE....lol.

That GPS sounds like a good idea in the desert, Jeri.....have fun!

IYQ....that chair may have been your problem! Simply twisting wrong can set that back off!

Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

I went to Las Cruses, NM today with a friend. I bought a secretarial chair for my trailer. I don't know why I didn't think of that long ago. It is very comfortable with memory foam padding and more nobs and adjustments than a space ship. I think maybe these dinette seat were part of the problem with the sciatic or what ever it was.

Jeri: Before you guys go zooming off on those 4 wheelers you better get a hand held GPS like the ones they use for geocaching. You can cover a lot of miles in no time at all with those things and in places like the dunes there are tracks all over the place and everything looks alike. You can get lost in a hurry. There are no named roads so the compass setting on a hand held GPS will point to the place you started from if you make sure you enter that spot before you leave. They also leave a bread crum trail on the map page if you want to follow your tracks back. We don't want to loose you guys after all who could we blame everything on if you were not with us.

HAHA ... Actually, our son suggested a gps. We'll have to look into that. Right now I'm looking into getting a video camera mounted on the handlebars. It's priorities, you know.

I'm sitting at the airport waiting for a flight to Phoenix. I don't mind getting up in the morning but I sure hate getting dressed and out the door early.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I didn't think about the getting lost thing. You guys definitely need the GPS. Good luck down in Phoenix. It is 10:30 here and I've had my shower but I'm not dressed yet. Love it.

Excited doesn't even begin to describe how happy I am to be on the road. But it's been so long since I've posted I had to post twice to make up for it.

Glad you got a new chair, Lee. Jim definitely feels better when he's sitting in his recliner with the sleep lever on it. lol

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Jim & Sandie, way to go! Woo Hoo! Glad that Chevy had enough power to unstick that 5th wheel from the driveway! :lol: We went as far as we could go West, so now we'll have to try South for a while. We won't be leaving Seattle for a couple of weeks. Carol is leaving tomorrow for Wisconsin for a class reunion, (not the class of 08), so we will hang around here for a while. We have to make one more trip to the Olympic Peninsula to the dentist she used over there to get a crown replaced, and then we will start heading down the coast. The Elks have a prime rib night Friday, so I don't want to miss that. MMMMMmmmmm Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

US too! It may be only 200 miles but we are at least on the right path SOUTH! Back in our old stomping grounds for a couple or three weeks to try to earn some $'s to fill up the empty coffers.

Beautiful sunny day to greet us. Park is being chewed up by drainage work but it's the only place cheap enough for us.

Steve and Carol - stretch you stay in Seattle just a bit and we will catch up to you.

Whoppie - On the Road Again!!

post-11179-0-69031000-1317251399_thumb.jpg

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

HAHA ... Actually, our son suggested a gps. We'll have to look into that. Right now I'm looking into getting a video camera mounted on the handlebars. It's priorities, you know.

That way we can see where you are lost even though no one can identify where you are. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It's a good thing we like this park since we are stuck here waiting for Oct 7th when Dave gets a new crown on the tooth he broke. Then it looks like we'll head down to Livingston on our way to PPL. Maybe. Probably. Possibly. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Here's my update on Terry's dad -- He's still in the hospital and probably will stay there until they transfer him to a rehab center in the next day or two. He will probably be there about 3 weeks but not sure after that where he will go. They are thinking it probably won't be to his own home. Only time will tell. Not sure how long Terry will stay in Phoenix. I'll probably head back to Portland tomorrow or the next day. We did get a chance to check out the park in Gold Canyon today but I'll tell you about that later. I'm tired!!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We're now in Rapid City - our old stomping grounds, getting drivers licenses converted, doing paperwork, replacing the AC compressor on the rig (the old one froze up), etc., etc. Not a bit of sightseeing yet, either. Sometime soon, like maybe Saturday, we head to Omaha, to meet up with Mike and Julie, and then south... IYQ - we're staying at Americas Mailbox campground, but no rain, so no mud! I think I can see your tire tracks from when you were here, though.

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/

Jeri,

sorry to hear about Terry's dad, keep us posted on how he is doing!

It's amazing how we can go about our travels, footloose and fancy free and all of a sudden "real life" rears its head, whether it be in the form of a health issue, a wedding, a death, problems with the rig, etc. I for one have had a hard time remembering that our lives ARE real life and I have to work at not feeling like these things are "interruptions".

We are happy to have the "distraction" of our daughter's wedding behind us, although I must say, we had a great time- tons of fun for 4 days, seeing family and friends etc.

We will stay here for another 2 weeks, finishing up some doctor's appointments, helping the newlyweds get settled in their apartment and moving our daughter's stuff out of our trailer so we can get it back to "normal".

Once we leave here we head to Indiana to DRV to get some issues fixed on the trailer. then after that, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, who knows and who cares???

looking forward to meandering meaninglessly for a while! we might head to Branson if we can convince Mike and Julie to keep that on their list of places to go, then maybe on to TX. I still need to get my TX driver's license.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

We are in Kanab Ut. This morning we are going to Zion for a day trip. Tommorow we plan to go to Sunset Crater S. of Flagstaff to meet up with friends. Will probly head slowly for Texas after that. Hope everyone is having fun. Jim and Sandy, Utah is beautiful, sure ya'll will enjoy it. Everyone stay safe.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy & Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

9-29 to 10-2 we are in Las Vegas, New Mexico, at the Storrie Lake State Park. Hard to believe that we drove thru this CG way back in 2000 on a month long trip before our RVing days! We stayed at a lodge up in the mountains instead. It is just as windy now as it was 11 years ago! Back then, we also experienced a plane crash fire just one mountain over and left the lodge just before the fire reached the main road and it was closed. I have some good pictures of the fire after it came down the mountain to prove our adventure! It was very scary!!

Oh, boy, back in civilization and have Wi-Fi! After leaving Woodland Park, CO, (the Aspen trees' colors up there now are beautiful!) we bought the NM state park pass in Raton, NM. Stayed one night in a very remote park in Raton and 2 nights at the next one in Cimmeron in the canyon and no internet or cell services at either parks. If you spend at least 23 nights (pass was $225) at any NM state park, it pays for itself and you only pay $4 for elec and $4 for sewage. It is good for 1 year from date of purhase so we are using part now and will use part when we head east a bit after spending the winter in AZ. Onlt drawback was that we barely fit into sites being 37' long. One site was the handicap site and the other was next to some big boulders. We pulled out this morning and manuvered out by the 'hair of our chinny chin chin'!!

I can't believe we are so far south already! Kind of hate leaving MT, WY, and CO! We had great times!

You guys still up north, watch out for snow, some is expected at higher elevations, even here in NM.

Jime and Sandie, so glad you are on the road!!!!!

Carol

Edited by Carol A

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com