Classes of 2008 and 2009

We're finally in an area with great internet. You forget how limited you are when the internet isn't perfect. However, even when all the vacationers went home, we still didn't have a good signal. We are now sitting in our son's driveway. Lots of stuff has been going on. We did discover something in his garage that we had forgotten about ... his ATV!! It's never been titled so we're going to struggle with that, look for a trailer and may think about taking it south with us. If we like it, we may get two. Of course, that would change everything with our winter plans but you all know how well we keep winter plans anyway. Portland has a big RV show this weekend so we're going to check it out as well as the local gun show. Anyway, that's about it. We're off to look at some quad trailers.

IYQ -- We hope you get rid of that pain soon. I hope they figure it out because pain is absolutely no fun for you.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest coldsmoke

Hitch itch ?? i thought was what you got in mexico ?

hahahah

hey we are parked in rexburg idaho, at the best kept secret in idaho, rainbow lake rv park, 20 a night for full hookups or 120 a week, we are here for 2 weeks i think. come on down .

and see the new MH

im ready to have heart failure again, but we did it,,,, got a newmar kountry star 37 ft diesel. cat 330 , praying for good fuel economy!!!!

mike and deb

Hey folks, Day two NO PAIN aint it grand. After sleeping from 16 to 18 hours a day for the past month because all I could do was lay on my back I didn't sleep a wink last night. My mind was running so fast it was busting the sound barrier. I finally got up again at 4:30AM and fixed breakfast then layed back down and finally got in about an hour of sleep. I don't care if I never sleep again I'm not going to get that pain back just to get some sleep. I did laundry today to catch up and even went down town to the commercial laundry to wash my big travel sac sleeping bag. So now I'm all cleaned up again. It sure feels great to be able to go about my business again without gritting my teeth just to walk. I haven't taken any pain meds since yesterday morning woo woo. I will take the nerve meds for a few more days though. The directions say to wean yourself off them slowly. I'm going to stay around here for a while to make sure all this is cleared up. PS it's raining.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

IYQ.....glad the steroid shot gave you some relief! Don't over-do it now. Good idea to stay in the area for awhile to see how you are feeling in a week or so. The shots work for some and others soon experience a return of the back pain. I received three injections and unfortunately, my pain soon returned and surgery was the only option. The good news is they worked for Marsha.

Good Luck

Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Hey folks, Day two NO PAIN aint it grand. After sleeping from 16 to 18 hours a day for the past month because all I could do was lay on my back I didn't sleep a wink last night. My mind was running so fast it was busting the sound barrier. I finally got up again at 4:30AM and fixed breakfast then layed back down and finally got in about an hour of sleep. I don't care if I never sleep again I'm not going to get that pain back just to get some sleep. I did laundry today to catch up and even went down town to the commercial laundry to wash my big travel sac sleeping bag. So now I'm all cleaned up again. It sure feels great to be able to go about my business again without gritting my teeth just to walk. I haven't taken any pain meds since yesterday morning woo woo. I will take the nerve meds for a few more days though. The directions say to wean yourself off them slowly. I'm going to stay around here for a while to make sure all this is cleared up. PS it's raining.

Yay! Ditto to what Paul said. Be really careful for a day or two! I hope it never comes back to ya! It has rained so much that our creek here in Fountain is out of it's banks. Is chilly and damp this morning. Think we got over 2 inches. It rained all night and is still drizzling this morning. Going to take some pics this morning and post on my blog. I just thank god it's not hot!!!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

9/15 to 9/21 We are still in Loveland, Co. We extended due to the snow in the Rockies last night and the rest of the weather is rainy and foggy. We came to see the Rockies and that was the reason for this stop. So we worked out some more PA pricing with the campground. Hey, that is one of the joys of being fulltimers! We can be flexible. So should be nice and warn and sunny by Tues, so we will go up then.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

9/15 to 9/21 We are still in Loveland, Co. We extended due to the snow in the Rockies last night and the rest of the weather is rainy and foggy. We came to see the Rockies and that was the reason for this stop. So we worked out some more PA pricing with the campground. Hey, that is one of the joys of being fulltimers! We can be flexible. So should be nice and warn and sunny by Tues, so we will go up then.

Carol

I think that's the norm here on the front range this week! Loveland has one of my favorite things in the world! A Runza Restaurant. If ya want a treat...try one. That's a Nebraska Exclusive and I don't know how they got one, but they're great! Enjoy the mountains, we're moving on to Santa Fe tomorrow, so won't get up there this time.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

You all want to read the blog I just posted.

Linda Sand

WOW! Linda... Big change in lifestyle coming up for you guys. Sounds like a good compromise for you two. Too bad you didn't keep that smaller RV.

Good Luck!

Paul (& Marsha)

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

You all want to read the blog I just posted.

Linda Sand

We wish you the best and as we all know, life is for compromise with the one you love. Life is too short to not be happy with what you're doing or where you are. Good luck with that cold climate, but a warm alternative is available to one or both of you at anytime. Plans can be changed at will...and I'm testament to all that "most timing" is also a great way to live. I'm just not quite at the place that I can give up my "Stuff" and go "Full" time. Rigs can be changed and modified to fit your lifestyle choices! I hope I speak for all of us when I say that we still want ya as part of the group!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Hey Dave and Linda, Now just who do you think we are going to complain to when the map don't want to work the way we want it to work. Just kidding you guys enjoy what ever you decided to do.

A few more of my friends pulled in today so I've been busy gadding. We were under a tornado warning this after noon plus a golf ball size hail warning. Thankfully neither event took place. Sometimes is great when things get boring. I went grocery shopping this morning and managed Wally World without any problems so I think with a little rest between every strenious thing I do, I'll get by just fine. I'm getting a sore neck because I'm either sitting or standing now instead of lying on my back and my neck ain't used to all the work of holding my head up.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hitch itch ?? i thought was what you got in mexico ?

hahahah

hey we are parked in rexburg idaho, at the best kept secret in idaho, rainbow lake rv park, 20 a night for full hookups or 120 a week, we are here for 2 weeks i think. come on down .

and see the new MH

im ready to have heart failure again, but we did it,,,, got a newmar kountry star 37 ft diesel. cat 330 , praying for good fuel economy!!!!

mike and deb

I knew something was up when you didn't chew me out for my comments sooner. We are in Cody but heading out tomorrow. Staying at the Wapita NF campground, electric for $10.00 a night with access pass. Shoshone River is 100 feet away. 30 miles to Cody, Wy. The Buffalo Bill Historical site is amazing, plan on spending at least 2 days to see all of it. I guess this means you are not going to Iowa.

Jerry and Janice

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Guest coldsmoke

I knew something was up when you didn't chew me out for my comments sooner. We are in Cody but heading out tomorrow. Staying at the Wapita NF campground, electric for $10.00 a night with access pass. Shoshone River is 100 feet away. 30 miles to Cody, Wy. The Buffalo Bill Historical site is amazing, plan on spending at least 2 days to see all of it. I guess this means you are not going to Iowa.

Jerry and Janice

NO DONT LEAVE !!!!!!!!!!!! i need driving lessons ,, these big diesel s are confusing, and of course the dealer i got it from doesnt know much about this one, other then they got my money.

but it is cool way more room.

still heading east then south then west , so we will catch up ..

mike and deb

Carol

boy, we just missed you. we were at River View RV Park outside Loveland for 4 nites. We went into RMNP yesterday and made it up to the rest stop at just over 2 miles above sea level, and then the road was closed due to the snow above 11,000 ft. We wanted to go to Grand Lake and visit the places we were married at. But it wasn't meant to be, next time. The rv park we were in had no wifi and no cell coverage so it made it hard to stay in touch. Hopefully the weather clears and you can see the entire park. it is a great place and w/ plenty of elk to watch.

We are in Nebraska tonight on our way to MI.

eric

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Guest coldsmoke

OK, today was just frigging weird and drawn out. how do you go from a 31 ft MH to a 37ft MH, and run out of storage room ???

after the 1st rain storm in Idaho apparently in 334445 years, we got a soaker while we were transferring every thing from one MH to the other one. and after we were finished , guess what .. yup the sun came out.

so we decided because it was new to us we would go to a diesel shop and have them go thru it. oil, fuel filter all the good stuff, it had a bad wiper, i toldthem replace it,, HOLY CRAP $98.00 per wiper.. old one is still on.

go0d thing is mechanic told us it is in fantastic condition, just like new, (19500 miles heck it is new)we hope.

all else is good, think in a week or so we will head for the dakotas, just cause.

mike and deb and smokey

Nothing new to report tonight. I'm still doing pretty good on the pain business. Today I had to take a few more rests than before but I'm still Mogatin'. One of the ladies here is putting on a BBQ for the group and wanted me to attend but I declined. It might be a little too much lugging a chair, my dishes and my dish to share over to the other side of the CG where her rig is. Plus, I've lost 30 lbs by eating all my veggies raw and I don't want to put it all back on in one night of BBQ. :P

all else is good, think in a week or so we will head for the dakotas, just cause.

mike and deb and smokey

We stayed in Cody 2 extra days, now going to leave Sunday morning and go to Thermpolis, WY for 1-2 days then head to Colorado unless they are snowed in. We drove from Cody to Red Lodge then to Chief Joseph hwy and got snowed on several times. Catch up to us and I will tell you all I know about diesels.

Jerry

We stayed in Cody 2 extra days, now going to leave Sunday morning and go to Thermpolis, WY for 1-2 days then head to Colorado unless they are snowed in. We drove from Cody to Red Lodge then to Chief Joseph hwy and got snowed on several times. Catch up to us and I will tell you all I know about diesels.

Jerry

If you had just let us know - we could have driven up to Red Lodge and had lunch or a snack with you guys. You will love Thermopolis. At least I do.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

A nice day in Deming, Nothing to report except a nice long walk this morning and another this evening with adequate resting after each. I went out this evening for dinner but wasn't too pleased with that, I had intended to get a Green Chile Borito Grande and at the last minute changed my mind and ordered fish and chips. They were terrible. The fish wasn't Cod as advertised and I think it died about 2 years ago. It was some type of frozen fish with a mussy texture and tasted terrible. Next time no changing of minds, let it stay dirty.

If you had just let us know - we could have driven up to Red Lodge and had lunch or a snack with you guys. You will love Thermopolis. At least I do.

Many years ago (197?) there was a restaurant in Red Lodge called the Coal Company. It was the best restaurant I've ever eaten at including several 5 star joints. And going to Red Lodge from Yellowstone over Bear Tooth pass was a sight you'll never forget. And, in the spring when the road would get open to traffic from the winter snow, the town of Red Lodge would set up a bar in the snow bank at the edge of the road and give everyone a drink of their choice who managed to come over Bear Tooth Pass.

I never paid any attention to where Red Lodge was in relation to Billings when we left that day. Sorry about missing you and Jim. I thought you were going to leave Billings before now. Jim has to have caught all the fish by now.:D

Jerry

hello all - Start our last week of full time grand baby sitting - it has been great but we both have hitch itch.

So a week from Tues when the other Grandma arrives from Florida we will start the "list" of RV Maint. items and hit the road by Oct 1

I notice on the map that some of you may be heading east on 80 - the park we are in near Omaha is reasonable (7.50 for elec with the senior pass) so stop by. Love to see any and all.

Our jello plan is to head south to Kansas City for BBQ - then likely Texas.

Dave and Linda - we wish you all the best and I am sure our paths will cross again some day.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Guest coldsmoke

Jerry

can not do.. we are headed for the dakotas, mt rush and deadwood and that general area.. you catch up with us.. you know you want to ,, plus colorado is weird..!!