Classes of 2008 and 2009

I went over to Pt Townsend today with friends. Went out to the Castle only to find that many changes have been made and new construction is changing the look of the place. Then a trip up to Hurricane Ridge only to be greeted by smoke from a Fire in the Olympics. Checked in with ALL my spies and can report that Bessie Bus was not at the Elks by 2:14 pm. So we went downtown and had pizza at Waterfront Pizza, then caught the ferry back to our side of the water.

Just found out that I need to make a trip to "EH" land next Wednesday. Goofy little thing with the border, I have to travel through "EH" land to get to Point Roberts, USA. :blink: So I'll get to move my peg for a few days next week, YEEEEHHHAAAAWWWW.

Joe

Note to self, Hide the Baaaad Whiskey before you go. :D

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More of the same, I did manage to get to Wally world today and get some bottled water and a few groceries. The meds may not take away the pain but they sure do make me sleep and I don't hurt when I'm sleeping. I've slept about 18 hours a day the past two days. At this rate I'll have everyone taking a Lee instead of a Steve.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We are in Missoula, Mt visiting Mike and Deb. They took us site seeing and then we went to eat at Cracker Barrel, haven't see one of the restaurants since Yuma. Tomorrow we are going to follow them to Leadore, Id for a few days. Nice to run into fellow Escapees and travel the US!!!!

Joe- Steve must be planning something special for you. He may of sneaked into your place while your were in Pt Townsend. Better check that baaaad whiskey supply!!:rolleyes:

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

9/9 til 9/12 We are in Tetonia, ID. We are on the west side of the Tetons. Thought we would explore this area since we have been on the east side a few times. Took a short drive up a canyon almost directly beneath the tallest point. Tomorrow we may drive a little north and visit Mesa Falls.

Just left West Yellowstone and a Nat. forest CG. It was full and Yellowstone was packed! A great day in the park but when leaving in the evening, it was bumper to bumper. Amazing! We thought it would be nice and quiet! Even had 2 people ask us what time we were leaving because they wanted our site. Madison CG in the park was booked til next week! Guess the nice weather brought out the older crowd.

Then we will probably move on down to Victor, ID, and take the scenic pass (not towing!)over to Jackson and do the tram ride to the top of the mtns. Of course, we also have to eat the delicious BBQ at Bubbas in Jackson!

Yep, I am also finding lots of huckleberry ice cream in these towns! Love that stuff!!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Carol - how dare you have BBQ without us!!! Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Sure will be glad when we get back out on the road.

I hope some of you get to meet up with Pa and D Carson. Definitely a good person. Spent such a short time together at Escapade and am so looking forward to seeing them again in AZ.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I went over to Pt Townsend today with friends. Went out to the Castle only to find that many changes have been made and new construction is changing the look of the place. Then a trip up to Hurricane Ridge only to be greeted by smoke from a Fire in the Olympics. Checked in with ALL my spies and can report that Bessie Bus was not at the Elks by 2:14 pm. So we went downtown and had pizza at Waterfront Pizza, then caught the ferry back to our side of the water.

Just found out that I need to make a trip to "EH" land next Wednesday. Goofy little thing with the border, I have to travel through "EH" land to get to Point Roberts, USA. :blink: So I'll get to move my peg for a few days next week, YEEEEHHHAAAAWWWW.

Joe

Note to self, Hide the Baaaad Whiskey before you go. :D

EH land welcomes you. Too bad we weren't around them parts to welcome you personally.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

All repairs are done but we are still in the RV dealerships parking lot. We could not get in to the campground early so they were nice enough to let us stay here. At least we have 30 amp electric. If you ever get stuck for repairs in Mass, contact them here at Diamond RV. Everyone here has been super nice and our repair tech took time to explain everything he did.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Sleepy Lee I hope you get that problem quickly straightened out. Constant pain can really drag you down. But cheer up. If the Docs can't fix it. I'll bring Millie. She is an expert at lick therapy. :P

I have figured out how to change New Mexico weather. All you gotta do is put your generator in the shop. When you bring it home the temps will drop 10* and you won't need the a/c any more.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

I'm back and I'm so embarASSED! Somehow my automatic sign in was off. I just signed in to pay my membership fees and here I am.

For those of you who don't Facebook, it is 106* F in Merritt and there is no end of it in sight. We stay inside in the air conditioning most of the time. This is not typical.

So we figure we will be on this side of the line until about October 10th and heading South with a couple of stopovers on the way to Rovers' Roost in Casa Grande.

Soon!

Don't blame ya on that A/C. in those temps. That's been our norm all summer. Am really relieved to be out of it now. We will leave Kansas in the rear view mirror this morning and sleep tonight in Colorful Colorado! Have a great weekend. By October 10 we will be back in Yuma!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

EH land welcomes you. Too bad we weren't around them parts to welcome you personally.

Thanks Toni, would be good to see you guys again but this trip is not going to be for pleasure. We have a job to do in Point Roberts.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Don't blame ya on that A/C. in those temps. That's been our norm all summer. Am really relieved to be out of it now. We will leave Kansas in the rear view mirror this morning and sleep tonight in Colorful Colorado! Have a great weekend. By October 10 we will be back in Yuma!

We won't be far behind you. Expect to be there by the end of the month. Remember now, I said EXPECT.

It will be really good to see you guys.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Sandie, the BBQ was still really good. This was our third visit over the years. I'll save you a bite! Yes, we have really been having a good time siince we left you guys. We have seen some area we have not been to before and the scenery has just been great. Think we will head on down to the Rockies and Fort Colloins since we did what we wanted to in the Tetons today. The place was packed! We even took the tram to the top and I was sooooo..... nervous! But I did it, although I could not climb the last steps to the 360 degree view because there was no railing and the area on top was small and no railing. My fear of heights and yellow streak kicked in!! But after I got my pictures I was more than rready to go back down!!!

I know you had a good time at the Escapade and I know how much you wanted to be out on the road. Hope your stay back at Billings will be a very short one and you can head out again really soon!! Just be careful and safe!

Carol

The Simpsons

DITTO AGAIN. There just isn't much to say when you ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz all day. My biggest problem is I can't sit. So I get so tired I sleep all day. I can stand up and read the post but I have to sit to type. Millie's lick therapy would probaly do better than anything the doctors have done so far.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well, another great day in the PNW. We spent most of the day at the Wooden Boat Show that has been going on all weekend here in Port Townsend. Hundreds of old wooden boats and all the cool "stuff" that comes with them. They had a parade yesterday where all the boats came out of the wharf area and sailed or motored past the harbor. We were standing right where they all had to sail right past us on the way out of the dock and were able to get nice pictures and a good look at them all. Earlier you could wander around the docks and go aboard most of them, and that was a treat. Saw some really nice woodworking. There is a wooden boat restoring business/school right on the waterfront, and we were able to look at boats in all stages of repair. I had to be careful out there too as there were a number of "Joe Spiker spies" roaming around out there and I had to duck them all. :lol:

IYQ, why don't you try hanging yourself up by your feet and see if that will straighten you out. Just a rope, pulley and an old pair of boots should do it. Holding yourself up with the rope would give you a good "upper body" workout too. Be careful that you don't fall asleep in that position and let go of the rope. Then your head will hurt too. :rolleyes:

Kay & Dan, glad to see you guys get out of the HOT LOCKER finally. We've sure been enjoying the cool weather in this area. Nice to have wheels. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We have arrived in Ennis, Mt after spending several days with Mike and Deb (Coldsmoke). So happy to get to spend time with them after reading of all their bad luck in the past years. Mike took us trout fishing and we caught more than we could eat. I will have to say that Mike has hitch itch after being stuck for so long, we spend 4 days together and moved 4 times. We got to park on the river two nights with campfires often. Thanks for showing us the area. Hope to get together again soon.

Sure are a lot of great folks in our Escapee group!!!! Hope to get to know all of you better.

Jerry and Janice

Edited by Jerry and Janice

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

IYQ, why don't you try hanging yourself up by your feet and see if that will straighten you out. Just a rope, pulley and an old pair of boots should do it. Holding yourself up with the rope would give you a good "upper body" workout too. Be careful that you don't fall asleep in that position and let go of the rope. Then your head will hurt too. :rolleyes:

Steve I thought about that but then I'd probably have a dislocated shoulder from pulling on the rope. I ain't worried too much about the head though. It's pretty hard. :blink:

Well tomorrow morning I see the Doc, Mayby I'll know something to report.

It seems like we finally got summer up here in the Northwest. Weather has just been fantastic for a couple of weeks now. Actually it was a bit to nice over the weekend as a couple of my Spies totally missed Steve and Carol sneaking around Pt. Townsend. Said something about scantily clad people distracting them. :o

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We finally closed the campground. After four months of setting in one place we are going to relive the hitch itch. We go to Durango to the Home Depot parking lot, and tommorow we get a new wood floor in the trailer. Then we plan to spend three or four weeks in Utah seeing the sites. Then to Texas homebase till after Christmas, with a couple of short trips between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then to Az for the winter. Hope to see ya'll on the road.

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Freddy and Delcie - we're going to be wandering around Utah for a few weeks also - that is if we ever get out of this drive-way. Hopefully leave here next week. Keep posting where you are and maybe we can meet up down there.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Well, another great day in the PNW. We spent most of the day at the Wooden Boat Show that has been going on all weekend here in Port Townsend. Hundreds of old wooden boats and all the cool "stuff" that comes with them. They had a parade yesterday where all the boats came out of the wharf area and sailed or motored past the harbor. We were standing right where they all had to sail right past us on the way out of the dock and were able to get nice pictures and a good look at them all. Earlier you could wander around the docks and go aboard most of them, and that was a treat. Saw some really nice woodworking. There is a wooden boat restoring business/school right on the waterfront, and we were able to look at boats in all stages of repair. I had to be careful out there too as there were a number of "Joe Spiker spies" roaming around out there and I had to duck them all. :lol:

Kay & Dan, glad to see you guys get out of the HOT LOCKER finally. We've sure been enjoying the cool weather in this area. Nice to have wheels. Steve

Yep....we're sitting in Colorful Colorado Springs! It's beautiful weather here. Finally got some relief. Cloud cover today and sprinkling on and off. We will head off from here the end of the week and the next stop will be Santa Fe. Glad you're having fun up there.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

We finally closed the campground. After four months of setting in one place we are going to relive the hitch itch. We go to Durango to the Home Depot parking lot, and tommorow we get a new wood floor in the trailer. Then we plan to spend three or four weeks in Utah seeing the sites. Then to Texas homebase till after Christmas, with a couple of short trips between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then to Az for the winter. Hope to see ya'll on the road.

Freddy and Delcie

Wow, I thought our stint in this park was long but not as long as yours.

We will definitely see you this winter. Somewhere, sometime. Friends forever.

Hugs,

Toni

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

9/13 til 9/16 in Loveland, Co, near Estes park and the Rocky Mountains. Want to go up into the park but the weather doesn't look good. We are only here for three days. Would hang aroung but campgrounds here are expensive! May have to adjust our plans. Hate to have to do that since we are right here.

Left the west side of the Tetons day before yesterday and stopped overnight at a PA park in Lander, WY. Boy, we have been down some really lonely deserted roads and drove for miles and miles with out seeing a soul!! The drastic changing landscape was spectacular and it was so quiet. Now here we are in Loveland and this place is crazy with bumper to bumper traffic from Ft. Collins to the CG, even on a weekday and in the middle of the afternoon. This and the other CGs are almost 100% full. Kind of miss those quiet roads! But 90% of the time when we did see another human, it was an RVer!

Sandie, enjoy Utah! Zion is one of our top favorite parks. You can leave that driveway before you know it!!

Carol

Edited by Carol A

The Simpsons

For some strange reason I had a bad pain day yesterday but woke up this morning without any pain. I ate breakfast and was able to sit and enjoy it and a second cup of coffee. I went to the doctor. The MRI of my hip showed a bit of arthritis and a bursa that was slightly swollen but she said not enough to cause the pain to radiate down my leg. She recommended a shot of steroids in the hip saying it may or may not do any good but as long as I've not taking very much of the stuff in my life it would be worth the effort to try and get rid of what little pain the bursa and arthritis may be causing and made arrangement to have an MRI of my spine which would show any pressure being put on my sciatic (spelling) nerve. And although they do not work on backs in there clinic it would let them know what kind of doctor or clinic they should refer me to. So that's where I stand. I'll know wednesday the 21st what those spinal MRI pictures show. Let hope I wake up in the morning still pain free.