CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

Well we made it PA, attended Stu's 40th HS reunion, rode the motorcycleS (yes, two - bought my own) to Roanoke for a lady motorcycle gathering last weekend and got back to hear that Stu's mom had passed yesterday. So we are moving the rig to our step-daughter's in MD and will ride the bikes to Florida to handle what needs to be done. We've rented a timeshare condo for a week. So, no New England this year for us....looks like summer/fall of 2011 before we get there!

Our sympathies Stu and prayers of comfort for the whole family. Be safe riding and, though it sounds strange, enjoy the family time being provided.

leland and cathy

Leland & Cathy

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and got back to hear that Stu's mom had passed yesterday. So we are moving the rig to our step-daughter's in MD and will ride the bikes to Florida to handle what needs to be done. We've rented a timeshare condo for a week. So, no New England this year for us....looks like summer/fall of 2011 before we get there!

We are so sorry to hear about Stu's mother; our deepest sympathies.

Howie and Norah

A few pitchers from the Margarator will help you forget the misery of being stuck in a motel. Sorry to hear about your roof troubles -- hope it's fix right this time and you are back on the road in no time.

We are in Elkhart for the next few weeks. Need to have the front end of the 5er looked at. We suspect a weld is broken as the fiberglass at the bedroom slide keeps cracking. It's time to have it checked and repaired, if necessary.

Also plan to do a little remodeling inside. Now that this is my last semester teaching I won't need that desk in the dining area much longer, so this is a good time and place to have a table and chairs put back in. We are thinking of adding a couch and taking out one of the euro chairs. Bob and Molly hurry I need help shopping.

The weather is beautiful here today -- sunny and low 70s.

Nick and Terry are here in the park, we saw their bus and new rig (a beauty) as we drove in. We'll go over and bother them soon. Of course I am nosy and want to get a close up look at their new MH and be envious.

Norah

A few pitchers from the Margarator will help you forget the misery of being stuck in a motel. Sorry to hear about your roof troubles -- hope it's fix right this time and you are back on the road in no time.

We are in Elkhart for the next few weeks. Need to have the front end of the 5er looked at. We suspect a weld is broken as the fiberglass at the bedroom slide keeps cracking. It's time to have it checked and repaired, if necessary.

Also plan to do a little remodeling inside. Now that this is my last semester teaching I won't need that desk in the dining area much longer, so this is a good time and place to have a table and chairs put back in. We are thinking of adding a couch and taking out one of the euro chairs. Bob and Molly hurry I need help shopping.

The weather is beautiful here today -- sunny and low 70s.

Nick and Terry are here in the park, we saw their bus and new rig (a beauty) as we drove in. We'll go over and bother them soon. Of course I am nosy and want to get a close up look at their new MH and be envious.

Norah

Howie,

What happened?!!! Did we over tighten some bolts when we put that thing back together in Quartzite last winter?

I haven't added a post reply for so long I probably have things mixed up. Please excuse me if I do.

Charlie

Our season is running down and we will be out of the campground next Wednesday. One last busy holiday weekend. It is getting a bit chilly at night with temps at 37-45 degrees. Days are lovely at 75-80 degrees. We'll stick around South Fork for a week or so and then attend the Escapees Colorado Chapter #2 Fall Rally right here at the South Fork Campground, Sept 15-18.

So glad we have this forum to be able to keep in touch with our classmates and see where everyone is traveling.

Remember, you are loved. Bobbie

Jim & Bobbie Chapman

http://chappytrails.blogspot.com

SKP#95234

We are headed to Tucson in the morning. We will be meeting his "newly found" Aunt that he has never met & her children. We will be there thru the Labor Day weekend so that will be good.

We have enjoyed El Paso. We've seen family. I've seen high school friends. We rode the aerial tramway to the top of the mountain to see 2 countries & 3 states (one is Chihuahua, Mex). We went to Hueco Tanks St Park to see Indian Pictographs, climbed up & down huge rocks, & had fun. We've been here a week & it is time to move on.... Westward Ho we go!

Travel safe & have fun! ;-)

Patti & Hank Landry

Molly & Scooter- Boston Terriers

2009 Phaeton

toad: 07 Silver Toyota

landrypatti@yahoo.com

http://woodalls.mytripjournal.com/HankandPatti

Location: Paradise South, Mercedes, Tx for the winter of 2010

Howie,

What happened?!!! Did we over tighten some bolts when we put that thing back together in Quartzite last winter?

I haven't added a post reply for so long I probably have things mixed up. Please excuse me if I do.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

We aren't sure yet. The repair shop will take a look on Tuesday, but the fiberglass just keeps cracking. The last shop that tried to fix it for us when it broke within minutes of hitching up to the truck felt that it has to be a broken weld. Unfortunately we didn't have time to have them take it apart and look for the real problem then, so we are doing it next week. We'll report back on what the problem is when we find out.

Is anyone else having problems with HWH jacks? We have run into a pile of issues. One stopped going up and then stopped going up or down. I tried to fix it and made it so two of them wouldn't go up or down. B) This cost $300 to replace a solenoid. I have one jack leaking like an open hose and have had a cyliner on order for 6 weeks direct from HWH. No dealers anywhere we have found carry any cyliners in stock. I am wondering if anyone has an idea on this.

Today we head out of Woodinville/Seattle to Port Angeles. Next week we have to be back in Pendleton so our stay out on the Olympic will be shorter than intended.

Leland & Cathy

Best thing to do is take it to Moscow Iowa and let HWH fix it. I'm pretty sure they fix leaks at no charge.

They re-wired ours because Coachmen wired it wrong, replaces switches, re-built a jack, and other things, 5-6 hours in the shop and my bill wasn't much over what you say he solenoid is.

They even took us to lunch, but I hear the restaurant closed so no more free lunches.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

We are now in Tucson after driving through some high winds & pretty heavy rain about an hour east of Tucson. After getting settled in more rain came through, but they need it here. We are safe & comfy so let it rain! :-) Our little rv site has several different cacti in our "yard", so that is pretty neat. A landscaped "yard" for our rv in Arizona... Who would have ever guessed that!

Good luck & fast repair progress wishes go out to Joe & Marcia, and also to Howie & Norah, and also to Leland & Cathy!!! Oh yes, and to any of the rest of you who are having those challenges. :-)

Travel safe!

Patti & Hank Landry

Molly & Scooter- Boston Terriers

2009 Phaeton

toad: 07 Silver Toyota

landrypatti@yahoo.com

http://woodalls.mytripjournal.com/HankandPatti

Location: Paradise South, Mercedes, Tx for the winter of 2010

Stu - our condolences to you both. It's never easy...

Leland & Cathy - sorry we didn't get to meet you and good luck with the jacks. Joe's right - HWH does a great job fixing their stuff. Sorry to hear about the restaurant closing though. It was so "Iowa"!!

Had a great afternoon/evening with John & Susan today before we leave Everett tomorrow morning. It's been a wonderful summer here weather-wise, John's glad to be done working and I'm ready to be done being bored! Besides, it's time to hit the road again. We're looking forward to spending time with our other grandson in Colorado, visiting some of my family in Kansas and then it's on to Texas for our first official workamping job :P

Travel safe, everyone!

John & Lora

http://southfromalaska2.blogspot.com/

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

J&L sounds like you are headed east, and we are headed west, so our paths may cross, we will keep up with where you are.

Becareful with the workcamping JOB, it almost sounds like one of those dirty four letter words.

Chasing the 70's

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in need of sugar, water and ICE, we got the lemons today!!!!!!!!!!

They called this morning and broke the bad news, the rig will remain in the shop until at least Tuesday. :angry:

But I don't mind sitting around a few more days, as long as it is DONE RIGHT this time.

The motel we were in is already booked for this weekend, so we had to move, which I was really ready to move anyway, (I just wanted to move in the rig)

So we moved to the Comfort Inn in Kearney MO. we don't have to hide Leo now. ;)

Joe,

Where are you at in KC? We have been at Kenworth's right next to Flying J getting our cracked exhaust manifold replaced. They got done about 8 tonight. We will be moving up to our son's farm tomorrow just east of Kearney. That's just north of KC.

Marianne: we are in Kearney, Comfort Inn, room 303.

We have a new deck of Skip-Bo cards so we can play "hoof and Mouth" and there is still a lot to see in this area. Independence MO is have a big Labor day event this weekend so we will keep busy, and as long as we are STUCK with each other what else matters?

Chasing the 70's

J&L: We wanted to get 3 more states added to our map, (we have 42 now) we need WI,MN,ND, and CO, UT, NV. We were planning on trying to get CO< UT< NV before turning south, but with the delays with the rig we are thinking more about just heading SW and trying for the other 6 states next year.

Chasing the 70's

By all means Joe and Marcia, take in the Truman Library and house while you are in Independence. It is great. The Truman house is very humbling.

Helen

2010 Big Sky 340

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie

Member of the Fulltime Graduating Class of '05

SKP # 87524

Wow...I miss a few days and all this tuff happens.

Donna & Stu your are in our prayers....it's never easy losing a parent no matter how old we are.

Repairs repairs...sounds like lots of stuff going on!! We had an unusual thing with the drivers window on the truck about 6 weeks ago. It just cracked from the top down then made a couple curly Q's. Had the insurance fix it... who knew your door window could cost $500+....? Then on Monday Ron was in the truck and heard a sound like ice breaking..same window this time from the very bottom half way up the window... same glass company replaced it for free thank you very much! They say the new dodge truck windows are a problem because on the lamenated glass that they are now using to reduce sound inside. I just hope it doesn't happen again

Leland: we are interested in how your leveler repair workout. In hopes of making setup easier for us we had been talking about putting the levelers on the 5th wheel that HWH makes but now I'm not so sure. Have heard others having problems.

Joe lets hope that they get your roof right this time..

We are done at the refuge and are now driveway dwelling at my nephews farm. We are going to put in a water and electric hook-up in since the pad is already there. So Ron is out measuring and estimating what its going to cost. Sure will be nice if we have to come back here in the winter for some reason. Right now we are just enjoying the day...the weather is wonderful. Cool at night low 50 to mid 40's. Gosh I love fall!!!

Everyone be safe.. Bob & Molly..Norah & Howie and all the others coming to GJR can't wait to see you in a few week.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Nana:

The problems we had with our jacks wasn't bad considering they were 9 years old. If you do decide on HWH jacks I would go to Moscow Iowa and let they install them, (they know what they are doing) and they stand behind their product!

Chasing the 70's

Hey Linda....I ran electric to our Ohio pad last year. Tell Ron it was cheaper to run aluminum than copper. I ran 200 amp cable to the barn and installed a breakerbox. I put in two 50 amp plugs if someone wants to visit. Now we have power in the barn too. See you soon, John

John & Doni, SKP# 90950, Class of 2005

Sally....the attack cat, Taco...the dog.

2004 Chevy 4500 Kodiak Crewcab w/ Monroe Pickup Bed

2003 36' HR Presidential 5'er

2005 Pontiac Vibe GT, 1989 Suzuki Sidekick...Little Zuke

Current pics on FaceBook

Thanks John..I'll tell him.

Today Ron is replacing the roof ladder. Of course the new one isn't as long as ours, the brackets on the old one are shot so we have to use the new ones that came with the ladder and the new ones aren't the same size so we can't just put them in the old holes.

So now we have to repair the fiber glass where the old ones were.......this is beginning to sound like the projects when we restored the old house. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

this is beginning to sound like the projects when we restored the old house. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Linda:

Doesn't it feel like when all these projects need to be done, that it would just be better and easier to buy a new rig? B) We have a leak in our fresh water tank and are having that replaced next week......and, yes, we are kind of looking for a newer rig......we want a third full slide to give us a feel of a separate living room area. I know I will have to lose the rear kitchen that I really love, but the extra room will be nice.

Bobbbie

Jim & Bobbie Chapman

http://chappytrails.blogspot.com

SKP#95234

Well heck Bobbie.....we've got just what you want....and you still get to keep your rear kitchen. Besides you will have a brand new ladder on the back to boot!!!! B)

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

.we want a third full slide to give us a feel of a separate living room area.

Or you could step up to 3 slides and a medium duty truck. We are remodeling the inside -- putting the dining table/chairs and couch back in and taking out the second desk, before we sell the truck and 5er and move to a MH. And we have the perfect set up for boondocking; lots of solar, generator power and holding tanks.

Archived