CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

Actually, 10 hours for your site is very, very good - especially for a KOA. You have a good KOA to be working for. Bill and Lesle also have a good KOA that they are working for in Colorado City. But there are some stinkers out there that expect 30-40 hours for a FHU - imagine! Yes, yes, let's figure out a way to meet next summer for a long visit!

Bobbie

Colorado Chappy: I was looking at your website and loved your photos. I was wondering what kind of camera you own?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, 10 hours for your site is very, very good - especially for a KOA. You have a good KOA to be working for. Bill and Lesle also have a good KOA that they are working for in Colorado City. But there are some stinkers out there that expect 30-40 hours for a FHU - imagine! Yes, yes, let's figure out a way to meet next summer for a long visit!

Bobbie

Colorado Chappy: I was looking at your website and loved your photos. I was wondering what kind of camera you own?

Thank you. Our camera is a Casio Exilim 10.1 mega pixels; it's about 18 months old and cost about $200. Molly and Bob had one and we liked it so much so we bought one. I like it because it fits in your shirt pocket or jeans pocket. I usually use the 1600 x 1200 resolution setting. Hope this provides you the information you wanted.

Bobbie

Jim & Bobbie Chapman

http://chappytrails.blogspot.com

SKP#95234

Joe, you're not near Tennessee or Atlanta are you?? smile.gif

You all have me labeled wrong, I only have the rain when I "have" to be somewhere, otherwise I avoid it at all costs. No rain in sight here in Laughlin. just 100 degree weather. (but I aint complaining)

Thanks Greg, I though you were at the NE football camp teaching them how to play. Our Verizon card is almost useless here, but we can get the parks wifi sometimes.

We are leaving here tomorrow AM, (if the wind isn't too bad) not sure where we will wind up tomorrow afternoon, but we will be sleeping in OUR bed.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Joe, you're not near Tennessee or Atlanta are you?? :D

No but we are...and worse yet, we're on the motorcycles! We've already spent an extra night in Albany and looks like we may have to delay once more. Trying to get to Atlanta to see my youngest and her family and then on to Cookeville, TN to get service work done on both bikes. Sigh....really ready for the rain to stop!!

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

We are in Barstow, CA for the night. We will go on to Las Vegas tomorrow & will be at the Nellis AFB FamCamp. Nellis is home to the Air Force Thunderbirds which "routinely" practice right over the rv park. Maybe will get some good pics!

It was 99.5 on our thermostat here, but if "felt" more like a 100! :-) :D

We are happy to be connected again.... cell service, internet, etc.

Hopefully everyone is staying safe & out of bad weather!

Patti & Hank Landry

Molly & Scooter- Boston Terriers

2009 Phaeton

toad: 07 Silver Toyota

landrypatti@yahoo.com

http://woodalls.mytripjournal.com/HankandPatti

Location: Paradise South, Mercedes, Tx for the winter of 2010

Hi Folks!

We FINALLY joined Escapees and I just found this thread. We met Bob and Molly at the GJR in Celina last year. I remembered Molly telling us about the SKP Class of '07 while we did laundry in town.

We're so excited about this group -- it'll be fun to meet up with you all along the way. We're in Ft. Wayne, IN this week, and then off to Celina for this year's GJR. Please introduce yourselves to us. We have no identifying markers yet. Do they send stuff once you've joined? Look for us to be parked in the vendor's circle. And then, of course, you'll spot us on stage a couple nights.

CU soon!

Melissa Beahm

"One More Time" Music (first time posting -- don't know if this will automatically come up or what...)

SKP104201

Melissa & Larry Beahm

"One More Time" Music

www.OMTmusic.com

Hi Melissa and welcome to the group! It will be great to see y'all again in Celina!!

Yes, there will be some of the Class there...you will find us parked around the "dump"! Please join us whenever you can!!

Several of us will be there tomorrow...so come on over!

HUGS!

Bob and MOlly

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Welcome Aboard Melissa, some of us are arriving as early as today for a pre-rally. You are welcome to come early and join us over by the dump station. We will have a fire to sit around at night. Maybe by Friday we will make up a big pot of Hobo Stew. See you there. John

John & Doni, SKP# 90950, Class of 2005

Sally....the attack cat, Taco...the dog.

2004 Chevy 4500 Kodiak Crewcab w/ Monroe Pickup Bed

2003 36' HR Presidential 5'er

2005 Pontiac Vibe GT, 1989 Suzuki Sidekick...Little Zuke

Current pics on FaceBook

You all have me labeled wrong, I only have the rain when I "have" to be somewhere, otherwise I avoid it at all costs. No rain in sight here in Laughlin. just 100 degree weather. (but I aint complaining)

Hank, Patti, Joe and Marcia: Sorry you are suffering so in the heat but when we woke this morning at 5 am the temperature outside was 26 degrees here in southern Colorado and inside the rig it was 39 degrees!!!! Denver area had snow all day yesterday!

We have another 10 days in this weather, as we are going to help fellow SKPs Rich and Terri close down their campground in South Fork and then we are meeting Bill and Lesle and driving to Albuquerque for the balloon fiesta.

Unfortunately, the furnace/heat duct for the bedroom registers has fallen out and Jim has tried duct tape and Gorilla Glue tape, but neither kept the silver foiled duct held up. Need to try something else. Any suggestions?

Bobbie

Jim & Bobbie Chapman

http://chappytrails.blogspot.com

SKP#95234

Bobbie, I would MUCH rather be sitting in the 100+ than the 60- there. and you used that DIRTY FOUR LETTER WORD!

They make an aluminum tape used by sheet metal workers, that should hold the duct.

Chasing the 70's

Welcome to the class Melissa. Please don't judge all the class by the ones you will meet in Celina. The rest of us can be just as fun ,friendly and entertaining. (as Iam sure they will be).

Bobbie,have Jim check a heating & A/C Place I think there is a aluminum type tape that they use. That was what I used when we had a stick and brick to replace some ducting for a hot water heater vent.

Looks like we left southern Colorado just in time. It was windy here at Abiquiu Lake N. M. when we arrived yesterday.This morning Temp was 40 with blue and sunny skies. This a very picturesque C.O.E. park Georgia O'Keefe Studio is in Abiquiu just down the road will stop in there before we leave.

Everyone stay safe out there.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

We left Laughlin, (I still have a few bucks left) and made the long drive (57 miles) to Campbell Cove RV Resort in Lake Havasu AZ.

Our site puts us looking out over the lake, really nice, except for the gas station between us and the lake, still a nice view.

We plan on spending a couple days here before heading towards Tucson.

Chasing the 70's

Thanks for the warm welcome. We'd love to be with you in Celina today, but we have commitments (gigs, not psychiatric placements) here in Ft. Wayne through Sunday afternoon. On Monday, we have an appointment in Kalida (about 1/2 hour from Celina) to get some warrenty work done. If they need the rig all day, we'll come on over and "set a spell".

You guys choose to be by the dump? :blink:

See ya soon.

Melissa & Larry Beahm

"One More Time" Music

www.OMTmusic.com

Welcome Melissa,

Believe me...its all John's fault.....he organizes this crowd each year. But heck he's class of 05 so we humor him :)

Come visit us so we can all meet you!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

You guys choose to be by the dump? :blink

Oh Melissa....we're just that kind of folks!! :)

It's actually very ingenious....you see, with our macerators and hoses, we can reach the dump station without having to move our rigs!! At any rate, it's a nice spot and we kind of like it here!! :)

Let's see, ....it's GREAT to see everyone here in Celina....John and Doni, Dee and Dan, Linda and Ron....... Norah and Howie...of course we had the convoy going with them and what a hoot....we kind of "swapped" vehicles today so they could test drive to see if a MH is to their liking.....I'll let Norah tell you guys about that one... and Keith and Donna Green and Paul and Denise Ziajha.....and Bob and Barb Williams who were our very first SKP neighbors on our first SKP HOP event in Darlington, SC. It's good to be here with these great Classmates and SKP friends!!!

Donna made a yummy Lasagna for everyone tonite with Pecan Pie for dessert....UmUm Good! Then John and Dan got the campfire going and the tall tales began....we did not see Bad Nick tonight at the fire, but I'm sure that he is lurking close by!!

It's pleasantly warm here, so we are grateful for that! Can't wait to see the rest of you guys....and we'll sure miss those of you who aren't here.

FYI, there will be a showing of the Miss Cactus Queen 2007 contest (on DVD) around the campfire one night this week. If you missed the premier event, be sure to catch this viewing.....oh, it's going to be ugly!!!!:)

HUGS to everyone!!

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Jim has tried duct tape and Gorilla Glue tape, but neither kept the silver foiled duct held up. Need to try something else. Any suggestions?

Once broken, the only fix is to buy a new rig. ;-) And I know just where you can find the perfect boondockers rig -- loves cold and high altitudes too.

FYI, there will be a showing of the Miss Cactus Queen 2007 contest (on DVD) around the campfire one night this week. If you missed the premier event, be sure to catch this viewing.....oh, it's going to be ugly!!!!:lol:

HUGS to everyone!!

Perhaps you could get the alumni in attendance to do another performance. :rolleyes:

I just KNOW Bob and Howie would love to do that. :unsure:

Wish we could be there to play with y'all.

Hugs

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

Once broken, the only fix is to buy a new rig. ;-) And I know just where you can find the perfect boondockers rig -- loves cold and high altitudes too

Sounds like someone really liked riding around in style, did Norah get Howie a cold drink while riding down the road? or did Howie get Norah one?

Chasing the 70's

Archived