New three way fridge for outdoor kitchen

I want to replace my 110v fridge in my outdoor kitchen to a three way fridge. I’m starting to do more camping without hookups. I will have to T off and run a new propane line from my furnace, fridge or hot water tank. Has anyone done this before and what might I expect?

While I've not done that, it shouldn't be very difficult to do. If you look under the RV there should be an iron pipe that carries the propan from the location of the propane bottles and regulator back to very near the current propane appliances. I would tee into that with more iron pipe to get next to the location of the new refrigerator. I'd just supply it with propane in the same way as the trailer manufacturer did with what is there now. You do need to use propane rated pipe dope and such. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

How are you going to vent it? Every outdoor kitchen I've seen has a door over the front, and backs onto interior space.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

All of the 3 heating methods require a chimney to cool the heat transfer coils on an absorption refrigerator. This limits your choice to a strictly  DC residential-type fridge, as Glenn suggested.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

The kitchen is closed up tightly but I was going to vent it out the back of the trailer using an 8” hole to the outside. I can always buy a vent cover and cut the door as well to accommodate a vent large enough to vent out the heat. When I’m parked I usually leave the kitchen door open. 

An absorption refrigerator will not work without proper ventilation and it can be dangerous to try. If you were to get one of the new, 12V compressor refrigerators it would work without the extra ventilation. If you do decide to cut a new vent, be very sure what is in the wall where you plan to cut as you might affect the structural integrity of the RV. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

10 hours ago, Kirk W said:

An absorption refrigerator will not work without proper ventilation and it can be dangerous to try. If you were to get one of the new, 12V compressor refrigerators it would work without the extra ventilation. If you do decide to cut a new vent, be very sure what is in the wall where you plan to cut as you might affect the structural integrity of the RV. 

Yep, Lippert says they depend on the TT manufacturers chassis to augment their frames.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

11 hours ago, Curtis M said:

The kitchen is closed up tightly but I was going to vent it out the back of the trailer using an 8” hole to the outside. I can always buy a vent cover and cut the door as well to accommodate a vent large enough to vent out the heat. When I’m parked I usually leave the kitchen door open. 

Please read the 3-way fridge installation manual before proceeding:  https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/IM_N7V_N7X_N7LX_N8V_N8X_N8LX_639300F_20200401.pdf

When operating in the propane mode, chimney temperatures will easily reach 350°F, proper venting is essential.

Edited by Ray,IN