2016 Volvo 730 for sale

If this is not allowed please remove. This is a local truck from an owner operator family that came on some hard times. He was hanging onto this one but has made the decision to get out completely. He dropped the price substantially now. I went and looked and drive the truck but am not affiliated. If I was at a different time and building another truck I would have picked this up. He had service records and has logged most of the miles himself. Could make someone a nice truck. Just sharing if someone is looking. I do have a cell # for him if interested would share over PM. https://www.facebook.com/share/px3r68fT6jzZwqvp/?mibextid=79PoIi

If you're watching the market, it's an ok deal.  The miles are pretty high.  You can get a 500-600k version for ten grand more.  If you're planning on putting a bunch of time and money into it to convert it, I'd spend the extra and get the lower miles.  With that being said, it would depend on what's been done in the way of maintenance.

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

23 hours ago, spindrift said:

Appears to be a smokin' deal.  Wonder why it hasn't sold.

We are a small farming community and Volvo is not a real popular truck locally. If you don’t have a long hood you don’t have a truck. Don’t know much about it other than what I shared. I did drive it and it was super quiet and smooth but I drive a 2000 Kenworth. Probably not a great comparison. My wife liked it a lot. 

14 hours ago, tyates007 said:

We are a small farming community and Volvo is not a real popular truck locally. If you don’t have a long hood you don’t have a truck. Don’t know much about it other than what I shared. I did drive it and it was super quiet and smooth but I drive a 2000 Kenworth. Probably not a great comparison. My wife liked it a lot. 

I know what you mean.  My wife road in a Volvo recently (similar vintage to the one being discussed here) and was amazed how much quieter the cab was than our 2000 model year T2000.  The newer trucks have definitely made improvements over the older trucks in that area (as well as others).

Edited by Chad Heiser

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

12 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I know what you mean.  My wife road in a Volvo recently (similar vintage to the one being discussed here) and was amazed how much quieter the cab was than our 2000 model year T2000.  The newer trucks have definitely made improvements over the older trucks in that area (as well as others).

Honestly if I was ready to move to a toyhauler and shorten my truck I would have bought it. But, I still have the girls at home, which I love and we need the long deck to haul the 4 seat SXS. Our current setup works really well for us. I just couldn’t talk myself into replacing the old truck to basically do the same build again. He had replaced the front axle recently as it had the air ride front end. It was pretty quiet and smooth. I have never driven an ishift either. Have driven some of the older automated pacer transmissions and the Volvo was pretty smooth there as well. I am sure Jen and Jodi where very aligned in their thoughts 😉

On 2/10/2024 at 8:53 AM, tyates007 said:

Honestly if I was ready to move to a toyhauler and shorten my truck I would have bought it. But, I still have the girls at home, which I love and we need the long deck to haul the 4 seat SXS. Our current setup works really well for us. I just couldn’t talk myself into replacing the old truck to basically do the same build again. He had replaced the front axle recently as it had the air ride front end. It was pretty quiet and smooth. I have never driven an ishift either. Have driven some of the older automated pacer transmissions and the Volvo was pretty smooth there as well. I am sure Jen and Jodi where very aligned in their thoughts 😉

Sounds like we both need to add some Dynamat or something similar to our cabs to keep our wives happy. 😃 

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

8 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Sounds like we both need to add some Dynamat or something similar to our cabs to keep our wives happy. 😃 

I've got a thousand dollars worth of Dynamat and Dynapad sitting in the cab of the truck waiting from some motivation and warm weather.  I'm going to do a DB test before and after and see if it makes much difference.  Doing the doors and floor.  Also going to add a muffler to my weed burner exhaust in an effort to quiet things down a bit.

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

If you just have a straight pipe on the exhaust, adding a muffler will certainly help. Not sure what motor you have, but when I got my latest truck last summer it had no muffler and was quite loud, especially using the Jake. I found a Junked truck with a good stack and had it put on. Much more quiet. We considered just putting a muffler and keeping the weed burner, but it would have cost twice as much and may not have lasted as long as I hope this one does. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

12 hours ago, aknavy said:

I've got a thousand dollars worth of Dynamat and Dynapad sitting in the cab of the truck waiting from some motivation and warm weather.  I'm going to do a DB test before and after and see if it makes much difference.  Doing the doors and floor.  Also going to add a muffler to my weed burner exhaust in an effort to quiet things down a bit.

Prepare to totally underwhelmed by the metered difference, but blown away by the perceived difference. The product works, but it's hard to measure.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

13 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Prepare to totally underwhelmed by the metered difference, but blown away by the perceived difference. The product works, but it's hard to measure.

Good to know ahead of time.  The wife wants it quieter for her work calls.  I'm ok with it, but it'll be nice to have a quieter truck.

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

On 2/14/2024 at 6:16 AM, aknavy said:

I’ll be very curious what your results are.

event.png