Insane to buy a new rv?

Deezl Smoke

I wouldn't buy a new one right now anyway. I will keep my 08 Cardinal. It's rough around the edges but its solid.  

As for guarantee I think Tommy Boy said it best right here. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

In my opinion it's not a good time to purchase much of anything new. There are just too few actual reputable people in business. Those that are and are showing a good profit are being searched out, offered tons of money to buy them out. The buyer uses that "Good Faith" and starts being more concerned about profit and the "Bottom" line. It's in my opinion what Amazon has done right under our eyes and continues to do so. Walmart did it first. Bring back the days of Sears or Montgomery Wards Catalogs where yes, they were a large retailer, but they sold quality products and stood behind them to the best of my knowledge. 

Maybe back in the early days of Sears there were folks like me that distrusted them and maybe they came around after a while. I still get very angry when I hear or see someone suggest using "Amazon" for all that they use. Support your local business and if something breaks take it right back to "your neighbor" who may have sold it to you. 

The real insanity we are not allowed to post about. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

20 hours ago, lappir said:

Maybe back in the early days of Sears there were folks like me that distrusted them and maybe they came around after a while. I still get very angry when I hear or see someone suggest using "Amazon" for all that they use. Support your local business and if something breaks take it right back to "your neighbor" who may have sold it to you. 

The real insanity we are not allowed to post about. 

Rod

I have a love hate with amazon. I prefer to buy local but Some things are a no brainer. I ran out of 3/8 cotter pins. I went to Napa. $2.99 each. Amazon I got a dozen for $1.98 with free shipping. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

1 hour ago, jenandjon said:

I have a love hate with amazon. I prefer to buy local but Some things are a no brainer. I ran out of 3/8 cotter pins. I went to Napa. $2.99 each. Amazon I got a dozen for $1.98 with free shipping. 

People walk into my shop and ask why I have what looks like a mini hardware store.  It's because I have a fastener supplier near me that can usually sell me a box of 50 units for the same price as going to the hardware store and getting the 5 that I really need.  Amazon can't touch their prices, and I'm dealing with local people.

Back to the new rv....when we were looking to upgrade our toy hauler, I asked on this forum what to look for.  The consensus among the old timers was that even though Newmar and Carriage had both stopped production of fifth wheels, they were the best buy for quality/$$.  We got our Newmar in 2015 and have been happy with it.  No warranty, but we rarely need to fix anything.  It doesn't smell new, but does a the faint odor of bacon.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net