Class A cover or not

Metal that you park under is the only one I would do.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

3 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

That^ . And , don't park under trees . Then all that's needed is a wash , once in a while to clear the dust . ;)

And, if there's a Blue Beacon near you, you have the wash covered as well.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

6 hours ago, sandsys said:

And, if there's a Blue Beacon near you, you have the wash covered as well.

Linda

Be sure to ask them not to use the Citrus Acid. It ruins a clear coat very quickly. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

10 hours ago, lappir said:

Be sure to ask them not to use the Citrus Acid. It ruins a clear coat very quickly. 

Rod

Just tell them no brightener. They may want to argue with you because it means less elbow grease for them, but it's hard on your polished aluminum, etc. Watch to make sure they got the button on the controller. Jay

8 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

Just tell them no brightener. They may want to argue with you because it means less elbow grease for them, but it's hard on your polished aluminum, etc. Watch to make sure they got the button on the controller. Jay

I don't remember Blue Beacon using any elbow grease. They sprayed on soapy water then clear water and were done unless you paid for something extra. I never let them wax my rigs because I never felt they were quite clean enough for that but they did a better job than I could do on my own.

The first Class C we rented required us to clean it before returning it. We took it to a truck wash. The rental place wanted to know how we got it so clean.

Linda

Edited by sandsys

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

26 minutes ago, sandsys said:

I don't remember Blue Beacon using any elbow grease. They sprayed on soapy water then clear water and were done unless you paid for something extra. I never let them wax my rigs because I never felt they were quite clean enough for that but they did a better job than I could do on my own.

The first Class C we rented required us to clean it before returning it. We took it to a truck wash. The rental place wanted to know how we got it so clean.

Linda

I've been using Blue Beacon for my truck and trailer for decades. If your Class B was relatively clean, they wouldn't need more than pressurized water. However, when you run lots of miles in a variety of environments, it gets really dirty. If they're not sure, they'll ask if it's okay to use a brush, but more often they'll just go ahead with the brushes. I have new paint and I'm not crazy about the brushes, but I do like for my truck to be clean - without the brightener. Jay

3 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

If your Class B was relatively clean

We had them do our Class C, Class A, and Class B. None were ever extremely dirty since we rarely parked under trees and we had it washed at least twice a year. The Class B only cost $20 so why not?

Linda

My younger brother drove OTR for many years. When I got my truck he said not to use Blue Beacon and I didn't for a long time, then one year I left the upper Midwest in a snow and ice event and traveled through a lot of slushy roads. I tried to stop at a couple of my prior wash locations, but the timing wasn't right. There was a Blue Beacon very near my destination and I stopped. Told them no "Acid" but apparently the message didn't get through to the ones actually doing the wash. It sure looked nice for a couple of days, but before I left the next spring. I had nothing but a chalk color and it would easily transfer to anything that touched it. 

Same thing happened again at a wash location near where my home was built. I'd used it multiple times with no issues. Of course I always said no acid, except for the last time. I've done lots of things to correct and a young man spent hours on the trailer last year at the HDT Rally. I'll probably have them do it again this year. 

It didn't fix it all, but at least I can walk by without getting it on my clothing or hands. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

We had them do our Class C, Class A, and Class B. None were ever extremely dirty since we rarely parked under trees and we had it washed at least twice a year. The Class B only cost $20 so why not?

Linda

Yes, of course. With that kind of light use and build-up, a little soap and water works magic. And $20??!? Wow! I'm jealous! Of course, they have a lot more work to do on mine, so it's only fair. Jay

57 minutes ago, lappir said:

My younger brother drove OTR for many years. When I got my truck he said not to use Blue Beacon and I didn't for a long time, then one year I left the upper Midwest in a snow and ice event and traveled through a lot of slushy roads. I tried to stop at a couple of my prior wash locations, but the timing wasn't right. There was a Blue Beacon very near my destination and I stopped. Told them no "Acid" but apparently the message didn't get through to the ones actually doing the wash. It sure looked nice for a couple of days, but before I left the next spring. I had nothing but a chalk color and it would easily transfer to anything that touched it. 

Same thing happened again at a wash location near where my home was built. I'd used it multiple times with no issues. Of course I always said no acid, except for the last time. I've done lots of things to correct and a young man spent hours on the trailer last year at the HDT Rally. I'll probably have them do it again this year. 

It didn't fix it all, but at least I can walk by without getting it on my clothing or hands. 

Rod

It's helpful to follow the team leader over to the control panel and watch him actually push the button to turn off the acid. If they don't do it, you kinda have to be proactive and insist before they get it on your truck. Jay