Brake controller operating manual question

rpsinc

Looking for a manual for my Brake Smart controller.  New to me NH has disc brakes and I need to reduce brake application.  Not sure what the M or E functions do as well as the arrows.  Have looked through the resource guide as well as called the # shown there, all without success.

Marcel

• 4 months later...

As it turns out, during my travels to the National Rally, my brake controller allowed me to reduce my brake application- all the way to nothing.  

So now I am in search for a viable replacement.  Direclink is high on the list, as is BluDot(only issue here is if I go back to pulling my Teton, the BluDot will require a bunch of work.

I have been advised about Hayes 100400B which seems like a good candidate.

Any others?  

And any experience with controllers in HDTs would be helpful.  Not so fond of coming down 6% grades without trailer brakes, thanks for the Volvo and its ability to exhaust brake and cruise control.

Marcel

Wish you would have said something at the rally. 

Maybe you did and I didn't hear about it. 

The "New to me " truck in the photo has an unneeded controller mounted on the dash and is still hooked up as far as I know. I have thought about removing it, but just haven't gotten around to it. Not sure what it will take to remove, I guess is keeping me from starting the project. 

I'm in Norman, OK for a bit. Hopefully today was the last 90 degree day here for a while. I've got things to do when it cools off, for sure. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

On 10/21/2023 at 4:44 PM, lappir said:

Wish you would have said something at the rally.

I literally was across from you asking about it with Jack and Neal.  I made it home without incident and now considering replacement options.  DirecLink seems to be one to get for my use, present and future.

Marcel

15 hours ago, Nigel said:

I think the manual you are looking for is here.  I can’t find anything better.  Hope this helps. 
Nigel 

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38630&d=1445832001

Thanks Nigel but have to be a member to access and I dont want to do that.  If you have access, any possibility you could just get to it as a PDF?

Marcel

I’m not a member either but had no trouble accessing from my iPad.  I just found where someone had posted the manual in a forum.  If I had the BrakeSmart I would copy and print the operating instructions.  I understand it was the best controller on the market when it was made.

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

I’m not a member either but had no trouble accessing from my iPad.  I just found where someone had posted the manual in a forum.  If I had the BrakeSmart I would copy and print the operating instructions.  I understand it was the best controller on the market when it was made.

I had it in both my trucks and they worked well enough that I didnt need a manual because they did the job they needed to do but now this one isnt.

Marcel