• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there’s some confusion on this thread due to the June 4 posting by Ladyhags. I have notifications enabled but did not see her post and its replies until Tuesday 9/12. 

This thread is regarding a best offer, NOT $6400. That should have been a separate thread by Ladyhags to avoid mixing these two unrelated contracts. A $2000 bid was accepted but did not go through so John’s membership is still available.

42 minutes ago, Jack & Donna said:

Looks like there’s some confusion on this thread due to the June 4 posting by Ladyhags.

We missed her effort to hijack your thread. It has been corrected as I split her posts into another thread. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

From original post for easy reference: “… John has a Platinum membership with Alliance benefits. It works in 68 TT parks. It’s 21 nights, park to park with a 210 day reservation window. TT said current dues are $1200 per year for unlimited camping or $569 for 50 nights per year. RPI and/or Trails Collection can be added.” 

Hello Travis,

My own TT membership is a little different but here’s how it works: up to 21 nights in one TT park then you can immediately move into another TT park. (Some lower level membership levels require 7 days out of the system which isn’t ideal for full-timing.) There is no nightly camping fee but some parks charge $3 extra (sometimes $5) per night for 50 amp. Not every site in every park has full hookups with water and sewer but most do. Not every site is big rig friendly but our previous motorhome was 43 feet and that worked. 

Not sure if John’s contract has any high use (peak season) restrictions for popular parks. I recommend you read the contract before purchase. 

John’s 210 day reservation window is a big plus. (I can’t remember if mine is 90 or 120 but some parks do fill up in their busy season so 210 days would be fantastic.) 

As a full-timer, I have gone up and down the West coast mostly from one TT park to another. This year I used several of their East coast parks. I used their Texas parks for wintering last year. Thousand Trails has saved me thousands of dollars vs independent campgrounds (I joined in 2009). However, TT does not own parks in every state. Be sure to check their map to see if they have resorts in places you want to visit. 

The TT website says “200+ locations” but not all are free to TT members. Some are Encore resorts and some of those are 55+ age qualified. The $1200 or $569 annual dues cover 68 TT parks but additional parks are available through RPI and Trails Collection (Encore). I will look up their current dues. 

This TT map is a bit confusing: https://newbook.thousandtrails.com

Thousand Trails does not have age restrictions on your RV. 

Optional RPI add-on: That’s Resort Parks International. I believe I have their “Preferred” level. My annual dues are $165 plus $10 nightly fee. “Discounts at hundreds of other RV parks” plus condo and cabin discounts. RPI map and campground list at https://www.resortparks.com/learnmore.php

Optional Trails Collection: including Encore RV Resorts and many more top campgrounds across the country” … “100+ additional destinations nationwide for only $370 per year” https://www.thousandtrails.com/membership-info#purchase

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 5:05 PM, Jack & Donna said:

Our friend John stopped full-time RVing and has his TT membership for sale:

I called Thousand Trails and spoke with Angela in the transfer department. She said John has a Platinum membership with Alliance benefits. It works in 68 TT parks. It’s 21 nights, park to park with a 210 day reservation window. TT said current dues are $1200 per year for unlimited camping or $569 for 50 nights per year. RPI and/or Trails Collection can be added. 

John has not yet determined an asking price but is open to offers at this time. His TT member number is available thru private message. 

UPDATE 9/15/23: $1725 or best offer
Contract number 296206610

would like to purchase what is next step 

Hello Jholden,

You can contact John’s daughter directly at marianoden@ymail.com

My apology for this delayed reply. Not sure if a technical problem or pilot error but I just found the email notification today.

Edited by Jack & Donna
Noticed post date of question was two days ago.

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW,  Kevin Deith of Discount Camping Club buys memberships and resells them.3214431916

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What happened with all of the people that said they wanted this? It's still available. This is the worst sale I've ever seen. I understand why it's being sold the way it is but with the people that wanted it and it didn't sale makes me feel like something is wrong or fishy.

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

I have not heard from John’s daughter Missy as to what delays/problems have occurred. John asked her to handle the sale for him, probably so she could accept a money transfer via PayPal or such. 

Since Missy is not a RVer, I imagine a potential buyer should call Thousand Trails directly to inquire about any contract particulars. (Membership #296206610, 1-800-388-7788.) An offer could be made to Missy at marianoden@ymail.com