You can get a 4K TV for free, with a very creative new catch

For those who want a 55 inch TV and don't mind it showing ads this is really an offer I have never seen before.

Excerpt:

"Imagine watching your TV and being plagued by ads... it doesn't sound too far removed from reality, right? Telly is taking the TV advertising experience to a whole new level, offering at least 500,000 4K, 55-inch televisions for free. But they all come with an integrated screen below the TV display that is just for ads. 

Telly, a startup company created by Pluto TV cofounder, Ilya Pozin, has been in production for about two years, with plans to ship millions of free TVs -- each with an attached nine-inch tall screen that will serve as real estate for advertising. 

The small displays affixed to the TVs will feature personalized ads that users can't bypass, as well as a sensor to determine how many people are watching TV at any given time. 

But it's not all as bad as it sounds; sure, your TV will show you ads and all, but it will be completely free. The television itself is a 55-inch display with a built-in five-driver soundbar, three HDMI inputs, an OTA tuner, and a free Chromecast with a Google TV adapter.

Though the televisions don't have a proprietary operating system that lets users watch their favorite streaming services, you can add a Fire TV, Roku, or an Apple TV device. 

In order to get on the list for a free TV, users only need to sign up for a Telly account at FreeTelly.com and download the Telly mobile app, which will then ask you questions about your household and shopping habits to offer you a customized ad experience.

Pozin told Variety that he expects the advertising and affiliate revenue from the free Tellys will support the company, and will be far more valuable than traditional TV commercials. "We're not running 15-second prerolls", he said. 

Instead, the ads will be omnipresent on the right side of the affixed display below the TV, there whether you're watching TV or not. The display will also show top news, weather and stock information, and sports scores, as well as give users the option to play video games, as each TV will include over 40 video games. 

The TVs will also feature a camera and Zoom integrations for videoconferencing, and even free motion-tracking fitness programs. 

Telly partnered with MNTN, a TV ad company, to sell ads for the Telly system. It's also planning on letting users shop and order takeout or food delivery through the TV, with the company taking a percentage from each transaction.

With a free TV that has the purpose of selling you ads, you have to wonder, who is the product in the equation? Either way, I did sign up for one, so I will volunteer as tribute."

Source:

https://www.zdnet.com/home-and-office/home-entertainment/you-can-get-a-4k-tv-for-free-with-a-very-creative-new-catch/

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Interesting! The only downside I see for an RV would be that it may not fit in the allotted space. We have a 55" TV but it is mounted on one of the up and down mounts that slide the TV into the cabinet. It fits perfectly with no space for anything at the bottom.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Yeah very new way to get a TV and at no charge. We are upgrading next year with a 75" and now have two 65" n the FR and LR. But I may get it for the FR. and upgrade the LR TV.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Folivier and Jaydrvr get one and let us know! 😉

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

"Being plagued with adds"; how is that different that paying over $100/month to watch Dish Network with adds?

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

12 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

"Being plagued with adds"; how is that different that paying over $100/month to watch Dish Network with adds?

Keep in mind you're not paying Dish, DTV, Spectrum, Comcast, etc. to show you ads, you're paying them to deliver content to your TV. The content providers are the source of the ads. I see nothing saying these "free" TV's include any programming other than the ads running constantly on bottom screen whether the TV is on or not. You'll still have to pay Dish, etc., or streamers to deliver the content of your choosing to the screen.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

2 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Keep in mind you're not paying Dish, DTV, Spectrum, Comcast, etc. to show you ads, you're paying them to deliver content to your TV. The content providers are the source of the ads. I see nothing saying these "free" TV's include any programming other than the ads running constantly on bottom screen whether the TV is on or not. You'll still have to pay Dish, etc., or streamers to deliver the content of your choosing to the screen.

You are right of course. In the beginning I was paying what is now Dish and the programming was add-free. It was on C-band back then.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961