Avoiding certain content

• 1 month later...

Or you can just hover your cursor over their name in a forum here and a page opens that has

"Message    Find Content     Ignore"

buttons on the bottom, click ignore and follow the prompts. In this example I hovered my cursor over your name just now in this thread, and that screen pops up, then I just clicked on "Ignore" and you are there.

y63QMqFl.jpg

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

2 hours ago, RV_ said:

Or you can just hover your cursor over their name in a forum here and a page opens that has

"Message    Find Content     Ignore"

buttons on the bottom, click ignore and follow the prompts. In this example I hovered my cursor over your name just now in this thread, and that screen pops up, then I just clicked on "Ignore" and you are there.

y63QMqFl.jpg

I'm sure that works on a desktop computer. I rarely use a desktop/notebook computer as I'm generally always on the go and use my phone for virtually everything. These tips may help others, but thanks. Jay

17 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

I'm sure that works on a desktop computer. I rarely use a desktop/notebook computer as I'm generally always on the go and use my phone for virtually everything. These tips may help others, but thanks. Jay

But it does work on your phone too if you are using the phone for work and want it to act like a laptop or desktop with a bigger/normal keyboard with touch-pad and mouse for more than thumb typing. This website can be switched to desktop mode easily by just clicking on the three dots at the top right, then clicking on desktop mode.

I rarely use a phone for Internet as we have LTE Surface Tablets when we are on the go like yard sales and traveling and they have their own Keyboard/Covers. We have our phones and they are unlimited as well. However I do not like typing on the phone as opposed to a 10" Surface Go 2 M3 or our  Surface Pro 7+ LTE 13" tablet. On the Forester our phones work well with Android auto touchscreen on the head unit screen of the Forester for Navigation, Music, and Internet. I bring along my Swiss Army tablet case that holds it all but is much smaller than a laptop case.

So if I am going to use my phone for Internet on a trip I take along a USB C male to the female USB A adapter, and a Micro USB female to USB C Male adapter. Then I can change the phone to desktop mode and type like at home with:

My Logitech K400 wireless USB A Dongle Keyboard which has built in touch-pad, my Targus Bluetooth keyboard and a Microsoft Arc BT wireless mouse. Or I can use a wired or dongle mouse with it since it leaves the USB C on the phone free. My Zagg Micro USB keyboard and use the Phone touchscreen, and a tiny set of adapters that adapt almost all to USB C except a micro USB female to USB C male. I have that adapter on my ZAGG cable all the time.

I think a post on another thread in Internet on the road with pics might help folks who aren't into phone Keyboards.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I have an add-on keyboard for my tablet, but rarely use it. If I were to add peripherals to my phone, I may as well dig out a laptop. Space is at a premium and so is time. Often I can complete a task on my phone in less time than it would take to pull out and boot up a computer. It helps that I've sideload an ancient version of Swype that works fluidly for me and I'm probably faster on it than on a keyboard. If I'm home and need something more involved, I'll go to my office and use my desktop, but I'm rarely home this time of year. Whatever works for each user. Jay

• 1 month later...

BTW Jay your topic got me to thinking and two people here love to be king of the hill, (and I am not talking about Kirk since I just criticized a post of his.) So I actually blocked my first two people here. I have advised others to do so for folks they complain about.

I want to thank you because these forums have become fun again for me as I blocked two rude people and may a third. This is not a complaint - merely feedback that after a month with just two people blocked my experience here without their posts has been a lot more fun and so much less stressful.

I had never blocked anyone before.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998