Volvo D13 fault code confusion

Sculptor

2013 VNL730 D13.  Hi folks, I recently had a check engine light come on intermittently, now it stays on.  I searched and found a link posted by NIGEL in 2020 https://truckfaults.com/search-fault-codes EDIT: THIS LINK DOESN’T HAVE MY CODES other than the FMI 12 column which does not specify which sensor.  See below.

As I’m searching google, I found many many links.  My confusion comes from the different formats of the fault codes.  Several pages (or pdf files) only listed a letter and number like so:

P0509.  

My display only has three groups of letters and numbers:

SA   0    SPN   3226    FMI   12.  This is my actual code.  

It seems to be my NOX sensor again.  They were both replaced about 4-5 years or 30k miles ago. 
while trying to confirm this, I ran across the other documents with codes in another format.

Is there a standard go-to reference for fault codes? Maybe in the H. H. Resource Guide? (tried there)

What if I just clean the sensor?

Are NOX sensors generic?  Can I buy at any dealer?  When I bought them before I believe they were Volvo specific.

Will the engine de-rate eventually?

Can someone please confirm my diagnosis of a NOX sensor?

EDIT: The link which got me the correct code was this one:  https://class8truckparts.com/media/file/volvo-truck-diagnostic-codes.pdf

The document title includes the words “2010 Emissions”.  So if the early 2013 trucks have 6 pins, and the later trucks have 16 pins, then it follows that the 2010 booklet would relate to my 6 pin data port equipment.

Edited by Sculptor

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

I got an answer on FB.  2013 is a split year, some trucks had a 9 pin port, some had 16 pin.  So each type also had a distinct code format.

Also pretty much confirmed the NOX sensor diagnosis.  Now I have to make sure it’s one or the other sensor, either before or after.

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

5 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

Sorry typed before I read....... bad habit!!!!

I guess I should have said did you get it fixed?

Later,

Cory O

Not fixed, but a fair shot at a diagnosis.  It’s the outlet sensor.  The service department spent a few minutes with me by phone.  He said it sounds like I have the correct diagnosis without hooking up to read it himself.  He said make double sure it’s not shorted or pinched.  Just take a good look at it, before buying another one.  They can’t get the sensors now but if they could the price is in the neighborhood of $750 per sensor.

We had a little hailstorm today, golfball sized hail.  We went away and left the awning out.  On the plus side we can see the stars better now. The arms must have really took a beating, but we could just get it rolled back up.  It’s out of whack enough that the arms need a bit of help now.  Our neighbors didn’t do as well.  A hole through a skylight a cracked windshield and dimpled car sheet metal.  I haven’t looked at the Volvo yet.

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

• 2 months later...

So back in April I bought a sensor off Amazon put it in.  Then I had to pay to have the code taken off. So now the new sensor has gone bad apparently. Should I just break down and buy one from the dealer if I can find one?

Also what are you guys using to reset your codes?

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3