Well that didn't work.

runaway parents

So bye now  everybody out there  knows about my air compressor issues. We were feeling pretty good thinking we got the oil leak stopped. Everything went good took it for a test drive    Oil leak is still there. It seems now, that I've got the oil cleaned up,  The leak Is coming from the sump plugs on the air compressor. I knew I should have tossed that piece of junk and Put in a new air compressor. At least this time around I know how to pull an air compressor. It won't be my 1st time.

Edited by runaway parents

Just by chance could those plugs be fixed. Are they threaded. Or not. If your take it off you could look at that option. I have no idea what engine this is on. Or what compressor you are working on.

Several years ago I put a GM transfer case and a GM truck transmission in my 1990 Jeep. I had to separate them before installing them. The transfer case in a pickup truck is tilted to low to fit in a Jeep. So I drilled new bolt holes in the adapter between them. To index it properly. Bolted every thing together and it worked.

Loaded the Jeep up in its position for travels. Next day there was a puddle on oil under the Jeep.

In all that excitement I did not put a $9.95 gasket between the adapter and the transfer case.    That was a lot of work to put a new gasket in it, trying to save $9.95.

2 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

Just by chance could those plugs be fixed. Are they threaded. Or not. If your take it off you could look at that option. I have no idea what engine this is on. Or what compressor you are working on.

Several years ago I put a GM transfer case and a GM truck transmission in my 1990 Jeep. I had to separate them before installing them. The transfer case in a pickup truck is tilted to low to fit in a Jeep. So I drilled new bolt holes in the adapter between them. To index it properly. Bolted every thing together and it worked.

Loaded the Jeep up in its position for travels. Next day there was a puddle on oil under the Jeep.

In all that excitement I did not put a $9.95 gasket between the adapter and the transfer case.    That was a lot of work to put a new gasket in it, trying to save $9.95.

Working on a 08 D13 volvo they look like soft plugs they're pretty rusted it out.  The compressor is made by wabco.