Mail Forwarding

Gumby3175

11 minutes ago, Gumby3175 said:

I've signed up for the Escapees mail forwarding service, but am unsure where I should have them forward it to for pick up.

Have a service that sends you a photo of the envelope, then you ask them to open it and send a pic of that if needed.  Don't bother with the  actual paper.  That's a hassle and you really don't need it.

Edited by hemsteadc

If you're in an RV park for any length of time, ask if they will accept mail (not all will).  

You can also have it sent to General Delivery. However, not all post offices accept GD mail, so check beforehand (this is especially true in larger towns and cities that have more than one post office -- usually only the main post office accepts GD mail).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Some places are better than others when it comes to general delivery. Quartzite is not wonderful but Parker, AZ, is. If you give us some idea of where you will likely be we might be able to give you more specific answers.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Thanks Linda. The only plan so far is to head south (I'm in Richmond VA) and turn right at Florida. I'll probably spend a lot of time in southern Arizona, so I'll have lots of options in the Tucson/Phoenix area. I don't think I'll have any issues as long as there's a general delivery PO.

In 16 years of full-timing we never had an issue of getting our mail via General Delivery.  However, pick a nearby 'small' town to receive it; not a large town or not like Quartzsite during Jan/Feb when millions of people are there.  We always went online to the post office web site to see if they accept General Delivery.  Never found one that didn't.  Calling would be good.  You certainly don't have to visit it in person.

Allow time for your mail to arrive if you're in a traveling mode.  Have it always sent Priority Mail.  Pick a place you'll be at least 5 days ahead of where you are now.  Best is to request your mail when you're sitting for a while so you have plenty of time to receive it.   Even traveling to Alaska we received our mail within 5 days.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

59 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

We always went online to the post office web site to see if they accept General Delivery.  Never found one that didn't.  Calling would be good.

We used them a lot too and agree that small towns with only 1 post office are best. In larger cities it is very common for all General Delivery to go to the main post office. Also communities that don't have a lot of RV traffic seemed to work best for us when possible. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI