In search of campgrounds that will accept a pick-up truck, NOT an RV

MikaSkye

New to the Escapee RV club, but currently own an old pick-up and cargo trailer as my 'rig'. 

As one would imagine, I can not use the RV parks with my current set-up; I am self efficient but not 'self contained', as required. I usually camp on BLM land in northern NV, but now that I have the cargo trailer I was hoping to pull into a campground on my trip from Reno to Phoenix, stopping over-night in Pahrump, NV. This is proving to be a slight challenge. Other than public land, has anyone discovered campgrounds or similar in the Pahrump area that do not require a self contained rig? I am not familiar with that area at all, and this will be the first time camping with the cargo trailer. I think I read that there is a level gravel lot somewhere...?

Thank you in advance. :) 

Got the the website Campground Reviews, Pahrump and look at the listed RV parks to see if they accept tents. Most parks do say on their website if they require selfcontained only. If you click on "show all amenities" on the listing for each park it does say if the park accepts tents but not if they accept selfcontained only. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

State and national parks are usually not picky about what you camp with. I've seen a number of cargo trailers on sites over the years, some just hauling tent gear, while others are homemade camper conversions.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Kirk, look for CG's with tent-camping sites. It a tent is required, look in Goodwill stores fro an old used one. Nothing says you must sleep in a tent vs "your rig"..

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 months later...