Full-timing in a Class C?

kb0zke

Anyone doing this? That's one possibility that is on the table for us. We're currently in a 1993 40' Foretravel, so the space from the front seats to the rear wall is actually more like 34 feet. Now that we have our lot at The Ranch and we're not doing Laborers or HFH we don't need to carry as much stuff. Other than a possible trip to Alaska in a couple of years, we generally aren't too far from groceries, so we don't really need to carry a lot. I know many people full time with smaller coaches than what we have and I think we could, too. I've talked to people who full-timed in a 26' and 27' Class C.

We happen to have several Class C rigs in the park right now, and I'm surprised (not really) at the diversity of those rigs. Some have little rear overhang and look nicely balanced. Others look like they could easily top over backwards of a heavy person tried to climb the ladder. We'd prefer not to have any slides, but they aren't a complete deal breaker. The three brands that have been suggested to me (Born Free, Lazy Days, and Phoenix Cruiser) all seem to be more of the well balanced type.

Thoughts?

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

The question really is not if it can be doen but it is can you live fulltime in a small class C fulltime and if you do will you both enjoy doing so? I have known a single who lived in a home-made, 1998 Econoline van for at least 10 years and we also know a couple who went fulltime in a 41', 3 slide, diesel pusher who lasted less than a year because it was just too small. We have friends who spend about 6 monts of the year in truck camper that has no slides and they have stayed in it for as long as 10 consecutive months before returning to their park model. Only you and your wife can make that call. It is possible for some people but I doubt that it would be a happy experience for Pam & I. We lived 12 years in a 36' class A with no slides and quite happily but found most class C's to be too small. 

One of the major issues that we had with the class C's that we looked at was a lack of comfortable seating for 2 people to watch TV. Be very careful when you downsize. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Lazy Daze (Lazy Days is an RV seller), sadly, is no longer in business...they closed down earlier this year.  However, if you're interested in the brand, I recommend joining the Lazy Daze Owner's Group, 

https://www.lazydazeowners.com/

There is a lot of information contained there and very knowledgeable people.  There's also a For Sale section.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul