12V charge line

Bert2

I have a 2004 Gulfstream Sun Voyager 8368 MXG. I have no power to the 12V charge line at the plug on the back of the motorhome. I do have the engine running in case it is controlled by the ignition switch. Can anyone tell me which fuse box to look in or if it is a resetable breaker (with location). I have been unable to locate it so far.

I believe that you have a Workhorse chassis? I would imagine that there is a fuse for it but I have been unable to lockate any fuse panel diagrams for Workhorse. If you have an F53 chassis by Ford, you can download the owner's manual from Ford and on is a list of fuses and on page 45 is a diagram of the fuse panel. As I read it, the fuse you want is probably #16.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Has the charge line ever worked?  It may not actually be wired to provide 12 volt power at the 7 pin connector.  I have seen this on other motor homes.  

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

8 hours ago, Bert2 said:

but don't see a fuse labelled for the 12V charge line.

It is difficult to guess what Workhorse may have called such a fuse but I doubt it would have been "12V charge line." On the F53, all fused supplies added to the fuse block for use by the coach builder are titled "body builder" something. I owned a coach on the F53 and that Ford called it Body builder battery (+12V) feed, and probably still does. 

To your knowledge, has the 12V pin on the plug ever supplied power? If it has then a fuse is a good bet but if not it may be that Chad is right and it isn't connected. In that case it could also be that it is connected but has never had a fuse in that position. My F53 fuse block had more than a dozen empty slots with nothing connected to them. I acutually used one of them for some extra lights that I added to the coach.

Edited by Kirk W

5 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Has the charge line ever worked?  It may not actually be wired to provide 12 volt power at the 7 pin connector.  I have seen this on other motor homes.  

I have also seen this on Chevy/workhorse products. If you can find the 7 pin wire harness in the engine compartment, look for a red wire taped to the other wires of the harness. It may be hard to see as sometimes only the connector is sticking out from the tape. 

7 hours ago, Bert2 said:

I will have to run a charge wire to the rear plug from the front of the coach.

That isn't a difficult thing to do but use at least 8 ga wire and fuse it for 10a or the appropriate fuse size for the wire that you use. 

51155039ce395f5e3d000002.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2022 at 11:41 PM, Bert2 said:

I am a new owner of this coach having bought it last fall. I have just found out there is no wire going to the charge terminal so I will have to run a charge wire to the rear plug from the front of the coach.

Be aware of where and how you hook up the 12v line. In it's original configuration there should be some kind of isolation device that turns off the power on the line when the engine is not charging to prevent the house battery system from discharging the engine battery and leaving you stranded.

George

2011 F350 6.7PSD CC 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41 RSSB4 5th Wheel