Purchasing an RV lot in Florida

Rotorhead

Hello All,

We are pondering the idea of purchasing an RV lot in Florida. I kinda like the idea of domicile there and will be doing some research soon. I know there are posts about it here I will try and locate.

My question is, does anyone know of any good locations that may have lots for sale? If I can't find any (been looking) we always have the option to move. However, we may need to wait a while now. I am just trying to line up some retirement ideas. If I end up moving down there I am hoping to get some acreage. I would set up a couple sites for your big rigs. (But my wife doesn't know that yet, shhhh. hahaha)

This day/night/day/night shift is taking it's toll more each year.

Happy travels.

Chuck

2 hours ago, Rotorhead said:

Hello All,

We are pondering the idea of purchasing an RV lot in Florida. I kinda like the idea of domicile there and will be doing some research soon. I know there are posts about it here I will try and locate.

My question is, does anyone know of any good locations that may have lots for sale? If I can't find any (been looking) we always have the option to move. However, we may need to wait a while now. I am just trying to line up some retirement ideas. If I end up moving down there I am hoping to get some acreage. I would set up a couple sites for your big rigs. (But my wife doesn't know that yet, shhhh. hahaha)

This day/night/day/night shift is taking it's toll more each year.

Happy travels.

Chuck

Locations that are "good' are pretty dependent on what your priorities are.  What do you want around  you/available to you?  As a general rule, the further south you go, the more people you run into. 

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

If you are looking for developed lots in RV Resorts two that come to mind are Cyprus Woods and Cyprus Trails both located in Ft Myers. Another one is The Great Outdoors located in Titusville on the Atlantic side. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

There used to be several places around Lake Okeechobee, but they didn't offer "Acreage's", more just a lot in a pretty good sized community. I never looked into them. They were too far away from my work.  

In the West Palm, Royal Palm, Wellington area is a community called the Acreage. It used to be anything goes, but lots of people put up big houses and occasionally allowed RV's to park there during the "Equestrian" season. They had horse barns too. I stayed for two winters at one in Wellington. 

I lived in South Florida for 9 years prior to spending 10 or so winters there. Never got used to the constant heat. I'll take a 30 degree day over a 80 degree one always. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Just something to be aware of (if you weren’t already), it isn’t legally possible to register an HDT as an RV in Florida.  I’m not sure how you have your rig registered, so this may not be an issue for you.  Florida says an RV cannot have a weight bearing hitch.  This means no 5th wheel or gooseneck hitches allowed on a converted HDT registered as an RV.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

There are currently two empty lots available at our home park:

https://www.avionpalms.org/?page_id=348

Sometimes there are more and sometimes there are none.   There are also 3 lots with RV's listed.

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

18 hours ago, aknavy said:

Locations that are "good' are pretty dependent on what your priorities are.  What do you want around  you/available to you?  As a general rule, the further south you go, the more people you run into. 

We are thinking the panhandle.

13 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Just something to be aware of (if you weren’t already), it isn’t legally possible to register an HDT as an RV in Florida.  I’m not sure how you have your rig registered, so this may not be an issue for you.  Florida says an RV cannot have a weight bearing hitch.  This means no 5th wheel or gooseneck hitches allowed on a converted HDT registered as an RV.

Good to know. Currently it is registered as a private truck. That's how I would try to register it in FL. Hopefully that's not a problem. It isn't in Virginia. DMV here doesn't care so long as it is registered.

16 hours ago, lappir said:

There used to be several places around Lake Okeechobee, but they didn't offer "Acreage's", more just a lot in a pretty good sized community. I never looked into them. They were too far away from my work.  

In the West Palm, Royal Palm, Wellington area is a community called the Acreage. It used to be anything goes, but lots of people put up big houses and occasionally allowed RV's to park there during the "Equestrian" season. They had horse barns too. I stayed for two winters at one in Wellington. 

I lived in South Florida for 9 years prior to spending 10 or so winters there. Never got used to the constant heat. I'll take a 30 degree day over a 80 degree one always. 

Rod

Thanks Rod. Sometimes a relief from the heat is a real blessing I know. I don't like to be too cold though.

17 hours ago, Twotoes said:

If you are looking for developed lots in RV Resorts two that come to mind are Cyprus Woods and Cyprus Trails both located in Ft Myers. Another one is The Great Outdoors located in Titusville on the Atlantic side. 

Awesome, I will check them out. Thanks.