Key won't go to off on Smartcar

GlennWest

Anyone had this happen. I can crank car, drive it just not turn off assy position to remove key. Acts like shifter not in park. Had to remove negative cable so not drain battery

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Several of us have had this, or similar issue.  Do a search about "smart key" and you'll find it.  Nigel posted a link to the page in the manual.  If you have the manual, look on...page 94?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

29 minutes ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

I’ve removed the inner lock and threw it in the trash, this will never happen to me again! A very easy job to do after you get the plastic off the column cover, the interlock is mounted underneath the ignition switch and has two wires going to it I did this a year ago.

Did it affect computer any when you removed it? Thank you very much for this info. Mine is a 2017. Same as yours

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1