Texas Registration

Den

The insurance information is in a database, and is checked at the time of the registration, at least for the online registrations that I've done the past many years. 

However, for state inspection you do need to show proof of insurance, and the card is sufficient. I've never had to produce the actual insurance policy for anything. 

Edited by mptjelgin

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

If your financing your RV I assure you your lender will require it before you need to register it.

When we -purchased our first 5er we had already had a credit check and were OKed for more than we planned to spend.  We gave a deposit then secured the loan contacted our insurer for coverage then returned to the dealer and finished the deal.  Since it was an out of state purchase  we were given a 10 day travel license the only thing left was title, tags and taxes when we got home.

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

On 11/24/2021 at 9:41 AM, mptjelgin said:

The insurance information is in a database, and is checked at the time of the registration, at least for the online registrations that I've done the past many years. 

However, for state inspection you do need to show proof of insurance, and the card is sufficient. I've never had to produce the actual insurance policy for anything. 

And in Texas a digital card on your phone is all you need.   Not all states goes with just the digital, so we also carry a copy of the form in the glove compartment.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• 2 months later...

If you are not a local and want to know everything about insurance in Texas, you need this article https://american-reia.com/insurance-news/shopping-for-insurance-in-texas-a-to-z/, which will explain you everything from A to Z about insurance. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me. I have lived in this state for a long time and will be able to tell you everything. 

12 minutes ago, Soded said:

I have lived in this state for a long time and will be able to tell you everything. 

The National Real Estate Investors Association is a 501 (c) 6 trade association and the host of your linked site. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI