New Warning Sign

Barbaraok

Understand that Puyallup area has geology showing how it was overrun by lahar flows when Mt. Rainier erupted over millennia.  Depending upon how it blows, several areas with substantial populations will be affected.   I knew about all the planning the state has done since Mt. St. Helens eruption, had looked at the projected outflow maps, but hadn't seen warning signs.   Use to seeing the tsunami evacuation route signs when near the ocean.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

6 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Understand that Puyallup area has geology showing how it was overrun by lahar flows when Mt. Rainier erupted over millennia.  Depending upon how it blows, several areas with substantial populations will be affected.   I knew about all the planning the state has done since Mt. St. Helens eruption, had looked at the projected outflow maps, but hadn't seen warning signs.   Use to seeing the tsunami evacuation route signs when near the ocean.

Down here in Texas, depending on location, you see Hurricane Evacuation route signs. At least someone is thinking about these things. That's good, right?

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Yes, I've seen the Hurricane evacuation route signs and very familiar with the Tsunami evacuation route signs along the Washington and Oregon coast.  But this was a first for us.  I am glad to see that the town fathers have realized that if Mt. Rainier goes (she does send up steam plumes to make sure every one remembers she is still active) Puyallup is likely to be entombed in one of the lahars.  Hopefully she'll be like Mt. Saint Helens and spend a few months expanding before blowing her top.   Unlike the Cascadia Fault that will just move (about 30 years past the 'normal' interval now) and go.  And I'm convinced it would be while I was at the ocean, so we stay inland in do day trips to the beach, etc.   Yes, I know this has become a phobia for me - but surfing in the RV to Aberdeen from Ocean Shores just does sound like fun to me. 😎

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834