please delete

So once we had a picture of what system we are working on. Now we can read the manual to understand the system itself. The manual on this specific system is very important to have to understand how this system works. And when it does not work. How to diagnose the problem at hand. If using a generic manual it will be extremely difficult to solve the problem at hand.

I will study this manual for this week and report back next Saturday morning with the next step in the solution to this problem.

Vern

Edited by Wrknrvr

Wednesday I get a call about a problem on a 2021  Motorhome. Since there are probably no manuals for this unit on the net, I need to call the manufacturer for info on the problem the customer has on this new Motorhome. The price of this Motorhome is probably about $400000. So things are expected to work as designed.

So the customer called me about a problem that is a specific unit. I am a dealer for that unit. So now I need to cover this specific unit under warranty. Now some specific units on some Motorhomes are sorta modified by the coach builder. So now I call the coach builder for there input. Yes we did that. Just cut these two wires and splice them in to the new part. Now that wiring is not in a manual. At least I have not seen it..

so I talk to the customer yesterday and he called the specific unit manufacturer. The told him to just cut and splice those wires. That will not void the warranty.

The customer is going to replace the bad part himself.

I just got out of that subject easy. But I did learn what was modified for future reference on this subject

Vern

2 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

So once we had a picture of what system we are working on. Now we can read the manual to understand the system itself. The manual on this specific system is very important to have to understand how this system works. And when it does not work. How to diagnose the problem at hand. If using a generic manual it will be extremely difficult to solve the problem at hand.

I will study this manual for this week and report back next Saturday morning with the next step in the solution to this problem.

Vern

Vern-

You must have missed their profane (and now deleted) response where they essentially told everyone to go "F" themselves.  I wouldn't waste anymore time on this...

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

3 hours ago, mptjelgin said:

You must have missed their profane (and now deleted) response where they essentially told everyone to go "F" themselves.  I wouldn't waste anymore time on this...

Here is a paraphrased version of his last post...

notice how I changed the title to please delete?

Yeah, telling me the same thing over and over, after I have clearly stated that I have over and over again only ads to the already mounting anxiety.

Tell your wife I said she can go (swearword) her self. I too could not resist saying that.

I changed the name to please delete because I am just (swearword) done.

I will (swear) or Figure it the (swearword) out, on my own.

Now, please, quit helping.

He has been blocked from the forums.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

So now that I know he is blocked I will finish on where I was going.

Now if he would have read his service documents on his particular unit. Then said I have read through my particular system for my year of rv and I see the different parts.

I would have told him to get a wrench that fits a certain nut. Maybe turn that nut in 3 rotations. Then I say, Just by chance are your jacks retracting. 

They should be.  Ok now we got that solved. So now try to move your slide by hand. It may take some help. Maybe several people will be needed. If you get the slide in,  then turn that nut back to where it was originally.

Now if that would not have worked , I would have talked to him on the phone to help him.

But he chose the path to go on his own. Working on older mechanical stuff is basic mechanics. But when electronics is involved things can get interesting.

Several years ago I was working on a new $2,000,000 or so motor coach. This was the First trip from the factory. While working on the unit, when I pulled a fuse or replaced it. The person I was talking to at the factory could see what fuse I pulled. The whole coach was computerized and totally controllable from the factory.

Now that unit would have a big manual.

When I was young I sorta had a short fuse. Then electronics showed up in mechanical things. So I just would buy old stuff with no electronics. Including vehicles.

Then someone said I should work on rv’s. Yes that was a interesting statement for me as I really hate electronics. And reading manuals.

I went to rv repair school and they had more manuals than I ever thought existed in the world. Well maybe not that much. But I hated manuals really bad.

Yes I did read what he said. 

I hope if someone else has such problems with something. That they have read this and can calm down. Be patient and we will help.

Vern in a T-shirt