Trading Up

Warrader

5 hours ago, LindaH said:

This may be the calculator Ray meant to include in his post:

Fifth Wheel Towing Weight Calculator - Changing Gears (changingears.com)

Ya, thanks for  that. That website has changed dramatically, what displays is the 5er calculator, couldn't fine the list to switch it to TT, then forgot to make a hot link.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

4 hours ago, noteven said:

I've seen folks state "insurance companies deny claims based on weight ratings ..." or similar statements. 

Can someone who has experienced this situation describe how it played out? 

The only place I know of where being overweight will cost you is in Canada. The Canadian members will know the provinces.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

18 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Ya, thanks for  that. That website has changed dramatically, what displays is the 5er calculator, couldn't fine the list to switch it to TT, then forgot to make a hot link.

I noticed they'd totally changed their website...thought I was on the wrong one at first!

Here's the one for travel trailers:

Travel Trailer Towing Weight Calculator - Changing Gears (changingears.com)

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul