Florida vaccine

Jinx & Wayne

Until now Florida has been vaccinating anyone 65 or older.  Apparently there was a significant number of people from other states coming to FL to get the vaccine.  As of now availability will be limited to residents and snowbirds.  ID such as a driver's license or proof of extended residence in the state such as rent receipts, utility bills or the like will be required.

Tampa Bay Times article.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Edited by Jinx & Wayne
grammar

Jinx and Wayne

I just discovered, a day too late, that I could have got the jab Wednesday. The local VA hospital here in FL was doing drive thru vaccinations by SS numbers. Hopefully I'll catch it when they get another shipment.

The gov also has a big supermarket chain down here doing the jabs, the Publix chain. But only in certain counties. And here isn't giving jailbirds first priority either.

agesilaus,

Have you checked the county websites?  I am in Highlands county and they have both web and phone lines for appointments.  They put together a list from the appointment requests and then, based on the number of doses they get for the week, they work down the list and notify people by phone or email to come in for a shot.

I have my fingers crossed about the second shot.  I will be eligible beginning 2/4.  The county website says they will be calling us in the order that we got the first shot.  Since I was one of the first 270, it should be soon - if there is vaccine.

Wayne & Jinx

Jinx and Wayne

1 hour ago, Jinx & Wayne said:

agesilaus,

Have you checked the county websites?  I am in Highlands county and they have both web and phone lines for appointments.  They put together a list from the appointment requests and then, based on the number of doses they get for the week, they work down the list and notify people by phone or email to come in for a shot.

I have my fingers crossed about the second shot.  I will be eligible beginning 2/4.  The county website says they will be calling us in the order that we got the first shot.  Since I was one of the first 270, it should be soon - if there is vaccine.

Wayne & Jinx

We both got ours last week here in Gainesville. They scheduled our next shot at that time, before we left. Jay