Escapees Package Delivery Issue.

mfredm

I order my Meds from the VA.  They only ship to the address on record (Livingston), unless you call and make special arrangements which is difficult.  Escapees notifies via e-mail only for packages.  This email arrives after 7PM, when the office is closed.  Then the next day they process the mail out order for the following day.  Even with the most expensive overnight delivery, it is a 4 day wait or more for the package. Many times my package arrives on Friday afternoon, and with the weekend, only gets shipped on a Tueday, causing a week delay.  How do you get around this delay when you are traveling, and not sitting around?

1 hour ago, mfredm said:

I order my Meds from the VA.  They only ship to the address on record (Livingston), unless you call and make special arrangements which is difficult.  Escapees notifies via e-mail only for packages.  This email arrives after 7PM, when the office is closed.  Then the next day they process the mail out order for the following day.  Even with the most expensive overnight delivery, it is a 4 day wait or more for the package. Many times my package arrives on Friday afternoon, and with the weekend, only gets shipped on a Tueday, causing a week delay.  How do you get around this delay when you are traveling, and not sitting around?

When getting a new prescription that will be long term, we always get a 30 day script to start and then the 90 day script so that we always have extra on hand.   I usually have 30 days or more on hand when ordering a refill.  Does the VA not let you order 30 days out for refills?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I have received emails for deliveries at all times during the day.  It might be that a given delivery service (UPS, whatever) only delivers late in the day.

Suggestions:

• Though "difficult", it might be worth arranging that direct delivery more frequently rather than rely on Escapee's
  • Contact the email folks, see if you can create some kind of standing order to auto-re-ship a package to you from XXX company.  (You would need to always make sure your address is updated on the MMS site.)
  • See if you can get your doctor to up the quantities, explaining why that is critical, to reduce the frequency of shipments.
  • When you know the deliveries are coming, plan to stay put for long enough to receive them.
  • Switch to a different supplier that can work with you better, or that uses a different transportation company (Fedex vs. UPS, for example.)
  • Switch your provider to Walgreens, CVS, etc. (national companies) where you can pick the meds up at your leisure.

Perhaps there's a nugget in that list you can work with.

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

Sometimes you do not choice with the VA. Can be somewhat of an issue with outside scripts. I have copay on mine and based on my outside insurance I am normally required to get on going meds. through their mail order serve. (a lot of it can be done online once set-up) but each new script for 90 day supply and three refills has to have a written script mailed it. Then I am good for 5 days short of a year.  This does not always go smoothly. I have VA docs that did not even know they could do it.

Some other Insurance using their perscribed pharmacy vendor has a limit on how soon you can reorder. I used to be able to reorder up to 30 days early but they cut it down to 14 which could be an issue when traveling.  It can be bigger problem if you have a med that has to be sent in a cold pack.  I had one they would not deliver to General Delivery at the local post office. That causes a problem.

As barb said if you can figure out how to get at least a 30 "cushion" it will make it easier. When I first started I actually went across the border neat Deming and got a 30 day supply. Since then I have occaisionally missed  a dose on different ones and have built up a larger cushion.

I don't know if you could get a separate script on meds that aren't overly expensive and just pay cash at somehere like Sam's club, etc.

Edited by bigjim
wording-spelling