Mexico travel 20/21 ?

ARKIEGUIDE

How many of you cross the border into Baja at TJ and travel down to San Lucas ? I use to do this a lot but my wife got sick and we quit goin. Including working caravans. I lost her this year ( god bless her ) and would like to start back going. Any tips for me returning ? I like the area around Mulege. Thanks in advance for any tips. We are I now, have been RV ing for 60 years, in and out of Mexico longer .

Every country has a website stating their regulations.  It's easy just to Google for it instead of relying on word of mouth.  Things change constantly.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Sometimes even Google search results can be confusing as there maybe be multiple official websites covering the same issue with conflicting info.  For many reasons government websites are often not complete or provide confusing/conflicting info on many issues. Please share with us your final accurate search results.  I and others would be most appreciative. 

People do use forums such as this one as they often receive everyday useful and accurate information on a variety of topics as you well know as a long time participant who has benefited from such forums as I and others have and we value the info from experienced people such as yourself or there would be no need for forums such as these RV forums. 

On important topics such as this it is best to confirm as best as possible any info given using a variety of sources including Google search as you say. My reply was just one possible source and I feel confident the OP has done a common Google search. The OP appeared to want the advice of others who have actually been thru the recent process of actually traveling to Mexico in an RV IMHO and

I steered him in one possible direction in effort to be of assistance to a fellow RVer. Every adult using any forum understands information given may or may not be up to date or accurate but is a starting point. Many persons such as I like to get a variety of personal experiences and info from others for our info and sometimes social interaction. Cheers

Edited by NamMedevac 70

This gives the updated restrictions for entering Mexico.  Travel is for essential only; not tourists.  The opening date and restrictions has changed a few times over the past months so always check a government source right before traveling.  The issue is also returning to the U.S. as there may be restrictions.  Canada/U.S. has restrictions, also.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• 2 months later...

We run RV caravans to Mexico. (www.mexicocaravans.com) We decided to suspend them this season. Hospitals are under stress for starters. We are resuming next November when hopefully this will have at least receded to a low level. I have 4 Mexican friends who have died of Covid.

Arkieguide you say you led caravans, we are on the lookout for new wagon masters. 

Paul Beddows

Summer-Abbotsford BC, Winter Jalisco Mexico

Co-Founder of NATCOA

Wagon Master for Caravanas de Mexico RV Caravans

2010 Majestic Class C

• 1 year later...

We live in Mexico in the winter. Have been doing this for over 30 years. have never been asked for proof of vaccination. This is entering by land. Air is different. Mexico is one of the few counties that do not even check your ID. It is illegal but by land you can just drive past the place where you get a tourist pass!! There are cameras but half the time they do not work. When you go into the booth to get a tourist pass and then your vehicle permit they could care less about your vax status. How ever being vaxed is a good idea. Presently Mexico is having outbreaks of Flu, respiratory illness and Covid. If you are on tours wear a mask. Crowds are horrible.