Finally The 2004 Upgrade!

Pieere

I did get my old RCA Cambio Tablet to work again! In August I received the new 2004; but the Sound driver went to the Ozone some where! LOL! I tried unsuccessful to get it working with the settings to no avail! After getting 6 hours this morning shazam! I got into the Device Manager and a tab on top clicked on Legacy to the trouble and found the Sound and Games device clicked and out of a dozen drivers I found the USB Audio. Then it was Vulaa! It worked! 

I may not have done all these directions properly; but I am not a Genius with the inner workings but am darned happy! Think I am going to leave these Upgrades alone for awhile! LOL!

I was out of posting for about 6.5 months due to a Brain Blood Clot and Stroke since 03/08 to 03/13/2020. My own Audio Speech and word comprehension quit working! I had a speech therapist which ended 6 months ago. I now have about 85% of it again! 

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

I'm glad you are back!

My laptop just installed the optional 2004 preview update, it had already completed the mandatory 2004 update. During the installation the circle of dots appeared and never stopped, I let it run that way all night - no change. So I did a hard shut-down,then turned it on again; again the circle of dots-which lasted about 4 minutes then re-started. I do not understand that at all. 😧

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I would not have a clue! I still have a problem with no sound. I did get a driver working with an Intel driver that allowed the tablet/portrait to work with my 2&1 RCA Cambrio. The manufacturer says the original driver has Not Found so I had to use the Intel one; but no sound in the speakers. Oh well at least the other part works! 

When this one quits I am not buying another Microsoft computer again! Will be using my Android tablet; Smartphone and the MacBook Pro for my PC. Oh maybe mess around with the Lenovo and Linux withRaefila 19.1.

🤣 🤣

Pieere, Two years ago I had driver problems. Since I'm not good with such things I downloaded  DriverEasy,

the free version found all my installed drivers and gave me links to update them. I couldn't figure it out so I opted for the paid version. It automatically installs all driver updates.

That fixed my "no sound" problem. Derek/RV knows how to do all that, perhaps if he sees your thread he will reply with the information.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

My wife still has one laptop that has not updated to 2004,.  It does show it on the Windows Update page, but a check for updates does not install the feature update.  All the other Windows laptops we have with us are running 2004.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

• 2 weeks later...

The problem issues of 2004 was caused by an unknown diver of my RCA Cambrio Tablet with W10. I tried DriverEasy paid version but no luck! I found a sound driver; but it is a generic from Intel. It shows up in the Device manager. It works without any sound from the speakers! At least the others seem to work thankfully!

And now 20H2 has been released to the public.  Let the fun begin... 😃

Safe Travels (or not)...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

44 minutes ago, k4rs said:

I will not be using much of MicrCrap anymore! will be switching over most of my files to Linux. I have been using another Tablet with Android and setting it up! 

44 minutes ago, k4rs said:

Safe Travels (or not)...

9 hours ago, k4rs said:

Safe Travels (or not)...

And the elimination of the control panel begins. Microsoft will have to force the update on me, no manual downloads here.

That is why Micro$oft changed the name format.  Year and H1 (Spring) or H2 (Fall).

I Believe MS does not care about Windows any longer.  Their cash cow has moved to providing cloud services.  I switched to Linux for about 95% of my usage several years ago.  There is no way I would put up with the Windows mess these days.

Safe Travels (or not)...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

k4ers, I'm going to switch to a Linux OS when this HP desktop dies, I've already replaced the HD once. I had an old Dell laptop W/ XP I wiped and installed Linux Mint for a grandson. He used it for school at-home.